6K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night at 11 p.m. LOL

Mike Beauvais ‏@MikeBeauvais 2m
What a hero. Doug Ford felt "obliged" to let the city know what was happening and he only waited 12 hours and three scrums to do it. #TOpoli

So Rofo knew about it (or the plan) - which is why he came in at noon... LOL

Maybe Dofus hatched the plan as he thought Rofo was going to go on a bender last night and needed a "no-show cover story".

really, really hope someone in the press corps (or on staff, or council) says: "so, fords, you've known about this since last night and you let us come into city hall today?"

i'm not holding my breath.

really, really hope someone in the press corps (or on staff, or council) says: "so, fords, you've known about this since last night and you let us come into city hall today?"

i'm not holding my breath.
So I'm left wondering, will it be a story in the Star, GM or the Sun? More corruption? Something must be brewing, Doug has upped the ante to bombs now.

I'm not seeing journalists (Pagliaro, Alcoba, etc.) saying the threat was e-mailed, just that it was a letter sent to Doug.

It looks like someone typed it up in Word in a drunken stupor.

I'm not seeing journalists (Pagliaro, Alcoba, etc.) saying the threat was e-mailed, just that it was a letter sent to Doug.

It looks like someone typed it up in Word in a drunken stupor.

It has super-wonky margins. You have to deliberately set the margins like that in a word processor for them to look like that.

I'm also having trouble believing that this is an actual threat - although couldn't the councillor who quit refer to Adam Vaughan? I don't have any insider knowledge, but I've certainly heard that he had become fed up with the circus atmosphere and that played a role in his decision to run in the by-election to replace Chow at the federal level.

On another note:

When I was in high school, there was a bomb threat that was printed at the library. I think it said something along the lines of "there's a bomb, all hell will break loose at 2:00 pm" or whatever. The librarian asked everyone (including me) to write down on a piece of paper the name of the person who did it. I had no idea, but I felt like being funny so I wrote down 'Osama Bin Laden'. The guy next to me wrote 'terrorist'. They couldn't find the culprit in time, so eventually the principal evacuated the school, and it happened exactly at 2 pm. Good thing there was no bomb, but the kids made fun of the principal for her rather late timing of the evacuation.

This must be a thing. When I was in high school, there was a week with two false fire alarms early in the week (apparently pulled by students trying to get out of tests), during which the school was promptly evacuated. On the Friday of that week, the fire alarm went off for a third time, and we were instructed to stay in our classrooms. Except that time, instead of just pulling the alarm, some genius had actually set a fire.

Has anyone ever thought to compile a list of all the alleged threats the Fords have received, and place them next to the immediate political circumstances under which the "threats" arrived? This is a demonstrable pattern; it's happened at least half a dozen times now. Such a list, stated plainly, would pretty eye-opening to people who don't normally pay attention to such things.

Maybe it was Mikey -- he thought if he could get Uncle Rob scared enough to quit, then Rob would run for Ward 2 and Mikey could drop out.

John, I was thinking the same thing. I wish I had time to do it. I'm sure it could be pieced together from posts here.

I worked in a building years ago that had a bomb threat. We were evacuated immediately. We weren't allowed to go to our lockers, just straight down the stairs, out the door and we had to stand in an area about a block away from the building. Something really stinks here. If this happened last night, why was Doug even in the building this morning? Rob came late but Doug has nothing to gain since he's done after this term. Why even show up if you think this is legit?

Why was ANYONE allowed in the building at all today?

Has anyone ever thought to compile a list of all the alleged threats the Fords have received, and place them next to the immediate political circumstances under which the "threats" arrived? This is a demonstrable pattern; it's happened at least half a dozen times now. Such a list, stated plainly, would pretty eye-opening to people who don't normally pay attention to such things.

I'm no longer willing to accept the Ford's are being strategic where stupidity or circumstance may also explain things.

The number of Ford related revelations and articles about their misbehavior are so numerous it would be impossible not to find a correlation. A list could also be made of Ford incidents vs. rainy days and be just as long.

I'm also having trouble believing that this is an actual threat - although couldn't the councillor who quit refer to Adam Vaughan? I don't have any insider knowledge, but I've certainly heard that he had become fed up with the circus atmosphere and that played a role in his decision to run in the by-election to replace Chow at the federal level.

But wouldn't that be interesting, that a supporter of his arch-enemy would "resort" to threats of terror against his worship's legitimate reign? Oh the positioning, oh the optics!

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back