1K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 303     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 349     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was wondering that too - who quit? that line makes the whole thing substantially more suspicious to me.

Del Grande is not running for re-election. Remember...he had a falling out with Ford over the budget vote and Mike resigned as Budget Chief.

I'm sure that I'm just seeing what I want to see, but that looks like a fake threat with a few deliberate misspellings to make it look like it was written by someone else.

Oh how I hope they can prove it was produced on a Ford computer or was otherwise orchestrated by a Ford.

If Robbie was so worried, why didn't he advise police and why wasn't City Hall evacuated? Oh wait, because it's a fake and a great publicity stunt.

Asshats.

Nice of Robbie to come in after 12 o'clock. With the Fords love of invoking major points for going to war, like Kuwait... remember, George W. would never have gotten re-elected without 9/11.

When I was in high school, there was a bomb threat that was printed at the library. I think it said something along the lines of "there's a bomb, all hell will break loose at 2:00 pm" or whatever. The librarian asked everyone (including me) to write down on a piece of paper the name of the person who did it. I had no idea, but I felt like being funny so I wrote down 'Osama Bin Laden'. The guy next to me wrote 'terrorist'. They couldn't find the culprit in time, so eventually the principal evacuated the school, and it happened exactly at 2 pm. Good thing there was no bomb, but the kids made fun of the principal for her rather late timing of the evacuation.

It’s interesting to me, because you have reporters like you, who have access to the mayor, and you value access—

"I’m not a reporter. I’m a columnist."

Not that there was ever any confusion but we are glad you set the record straight in your own words....

that whole interview is mind-boggling! hard to even know where to start!

I worked in a building years ago that had a bomb threat. We were evacuated immediately. We weren't allowed to go to our lockers, just straight down the stairs, out the door and we had to stand in an area about a block away from the building. Something really stinks here. If this happened last night, why was Doug even in the building this morning? Rob came late but Doug has nothing to gain since he's done after this term. Why even show up if you think this is legit?

It’s interesting to me, because you have reporters like you, who have access to the mayor, and you value access—

"I’m not a reporter. I’m a columnist."

Not that there was ever any confusion but we are glad you set the record straight in your own words....

Not that I expect much of anything at all from Warmington, but I think what he's saying here is: I'm a columnist, not a reporter, it's my job to provide commentary and opinion, but what I've succeeded in doing is "reporting," you might say, exactly what Rob Ford says, even when they're easily disprovable lies, without providing any commentary?

Sure.

And that it was sent to Doug Ford's office

Last night at 11 p.m. LOL

Mike Beauvais ‏@MikeBeauvais 2m
What a hero. Doug Ford felt "obliged" to let the city know what was happening and he only waited 12 hours and three scrums to do it. #TOpoli

police on CP24 apparently saying that the threat was actually sent last night. . .

This would actually explain why he crawled in at 1PM today. He was afraid to get blown up. So afraid in fact that he had to go full drunken stupor yesterday and forgot to tell anyone about the threat.

I worked in a building years ago that had a bomb threat. We were evacuated immediately. We weren't allowed to go to our lockers, just straight down the stairs, out the door and we had to stand in an area about a block away from the building. Something really stinks here. If this happened last night, why was Doug even in the building this morning? Rob came late but Doug has nothing to gain since he's done after this term. Why even show up if you think this is legit?
I think you answered your own question :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back