306     0 
News   May 31, 2024
 1.2K     9 
News   May 31, 2024
 4.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a longtime resident of Etobicoke I am frustrated by the Fords, but equally frustrated by the generalizations by the rest of Toronto about Etobicoke. Please remember Ward 2 is 1 Ward out of how many in Etobicoke? Seriously folks, Ford couldn't get elected in his own ward which is why he ran in 2. Not all Etobicoke residents are disenfranchised and angry.

There are 6 wards in Etobicoke. Try comparing any of the councillors and their voting histories to those representing progressive areas like old Toronto. They are all lame.

I'm from Scarborough and I feel the same way when they blame all of us.

Agreed.

I am primarily a driver and I am going to avoid streets with these streetcars. I am not sure they will attract new riders, most people I know just hate public transit. If I worked downtown I'd take TTC but so many people I know still drive even though it's horrible. A lot of people simply don't like crowds.

I have never been a driver, and unless it is more than an hour one way for me, I don't need transit. When I was younger I biked everywhere.

I sympathize with drivers, but congestion is not caused by anything but drivers, mostly bad drivers, not to say there are not a lot of cyclists, or pedestrians that should not be allowed out of the house alone.

Fordians like to talk about evolution and progress in all modes of transportation, it's ironic that they have not evolved past their "war on the car". Evolution will always win no matter how much you try to slow it down.

I feel the same way. I am not sure he should be outing Mikey but the Fords also shouldn't be putting him in this position. He's going to be eaten alive by anti-Fordians.

The Fords don't understand social media as well as they think they do, like a lot of things. Outing someone is deplorable to me, and such actions are ignorant and only show contempt.

The extended bathroom visits have begun. What could this mean? :confused:

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 913
I think Rob and Doug Ford telling ward 2 residents who to vote for plays a bigger part than name recognition. Let's face it, they would vote for a bag of hockey pucks if they told them to.
I think anyone who would vote in a candidate who hasn't said anything, just because they want to keep a particular family in power, should be deported to North Korea. Think about it: over there they just advance the next family member to power automatically... you don't even have to bother going out to vote! :) Just make sure you show up every year for Dear Leader Fest.

What if the MiFo placeholder thing isn't about this election but as an in case Rob loses thing? Mike wins ward 2, rib loses mayor, mike resigns, Rob runs in a bi-election?
(Has this been mentioned before?)
that would seem to be the only way the "placeholder" theory makes sense. MiFo tries it for a few months then cries that it's all too much for him (and those lefty councillors were mean to him!) and resigns; then Rob can then run in the bye.

They are dumb enough to try it - but I can imagine a whole city turning out to campaign for the potential poll leader that would replace a Ford during a bi-election. Pretty insulting when you think about it.
the whole city can turn out to campaign, but the whole city can't vote in Ward 2. Only W2 residents can, and if they're dumb enough to elect MiFo in the first place....

Yep. Mifo being straight or gay to me is a big fat 'who cares'. People like Iola Fortino may at best pray mifo's gay away, or stop supporting the Fords and find another crackpot cause to support. Some nutbar may try to hurl insults, the extreme ones may even threaten violence. But as long as Mifo is under Rodofo's tent, the chances of that are probably low. I can see a very hypocritical hypothetical Rodofo press rants saying, "well Mifo is not gay, he's all man. But if he is gay, which he isn't, you won't find him in ass-less chaps parading around in a feather boa making out with a bear biker in public, wasting taxpayers money. He's one of the 'good' homersekshuals!' But he's not gay, and he respects taxpayers. And we appreciate his service as a pilot which makes us very sad to announce that Mifo is stepping down as council candidate, to allow Rob to run in ward 2."
yep, MiFo would be sent to one of those "conversion" camps. Pray for him; love the sinner, hate the sin, etc.

The extended bathroom visits have begun. What could this mean? :confused:

Opiates (e.g. pills for back pain and broken feet) would constipate you. Elvis ended up with hospital stays from his bowel basically giving up from all Dr. Nick's narcotics. At least His Worship 100% guaranteed that he doesn't use the hezza, so we can rule that out.

Best guess: just needs to get away from the mobs of selfie-crazy teenyboppers for a rest. Maybe catch up on constituent phone calls.

Opiates (e.g. pills for back pain and broken feet) would constipate you. Elvis ended up with hospital stays from his bowel basically giving up from all Dr. Nick's narcotics. At least His Worship 100% guaranteed that he doesn't use the hezza, so we can rule that out.

Best guess: just needs to get away from the mobs of selfie-crazy teenyboppers for a rest. Maybe catch up on constituent phone calls.

Cause coping skills are what he works well with.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 7m
"They've heard from my lawyers, let's put it that way," Doug Ford tells me regarding a threatened lawsuit against the Globe & Mail.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 2m
Should note, I have no evidence Fords/lawyers have made contact with the Globe or that a statement of claim has been filed. We are checking.

Hotmail Lawyer isn't that smart.

Last edited:
Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 7m
"They've heard from my lawyers, let's put it that way," Doug Ford tells me regarding a threatened lawsuit against the Globe & Mail.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 2m
Should note, I have no evidence Fords/lawyers have made contact with the Globe or that a statement of claim has been filed. We are checking.

Hotmail Lawyer isn't that smart.

Doug making noise again. I guess something is coming down the pipe in the next day or so.

I thought he was a Rastafarian...

reporterdonpeat 10:17am via Twitter Web Client
"Was Bill Davis a conservative? I thought he was a Liberal" Cllr Doug Ford on former Premier Bill Davis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back