1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 660     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can't be that hard to target a specific area of the city if RoFo was able to target Ainslie's ward for the robocalls he got his hand slapped for.

It sounds like Doug is getting even lazier with his lies. It's clear that he has no idea about aftercare or that you don't just walk out of rehab and everything's fixed, zing, done. You can tell he's thinking 'Is aftercare something I should pretend to care about? Then yes. But I'm just going to say yes and I won't even bother to make up details. Because the only thing that matters to me is that he's alive so I can run his camping. Even so, if Rob got elected and died around the same time, me and Randy would probably just shlep him around and prop him up, Weekend at Bernie's-style'.

He is counting on his supporters not caring what it is either - and by and large, he is right. What it does point to is of course his tendency to make stuff up as he goes along, which makes the whole rehab thing a running joke.

Rest assured, someone doing that is clearly not in the clean.

AoD

There will be an LGBTQ+ demonstration at Ford Fest.

~~~

https://twitter.com/hashtag/fordfestqueeruption?src=hash

https://www.facebook.com/events/711603208875760

Rob Ford has sneered in the face of LGBTQ+ communities in Toronto from his position against Pride to his homophobic remarks caught on tape. His latest act of hostility was casting the single vote on City Council against a report looking into opening a shelter for LGBTQ homeless populations.

This is not gaff of a buffonic personality with international celebrity. This homophobic position is held by someone with the power to deny LGBTQ people their BASIC NEEDS.

Let's counter Rob Ford's hate of LGBTQ communities with a demonstration of love!

Let's crash this party.

Friday, July 25
7pm-8pm
Thomson Memorial Park
1005 Brimely Park
Scarborough, Ontario

~~~

But with number porting for several years now, that system is no longer foolproof. Anyone in the C/W area who ported their number from another area of the City would have got a call.

I never said it was fool proof lol. Porting and the new area code obviously change this but a small minded mayor with his limited knowledge might think "92 is the gay exchange so let's not robo call them". Or he might think "they're gay if they lived there so don't bother". Or maybe mayor asshat has special powers .... :)

There will be an LGBTQ+ demonstration at Ford Fest.

~~~

https://twitter.com/hashtag/fordfestqueeruption?src=hash

https://www.facebook.com/events/711603208875760

Rob Ford has sneered in the face of LGBTQ+ communities in Toronto from his position against Pride to his homophobic remarks caught on tape. His latest act of hostility was casting the single vote on City Council against a report looking into opening a shelter for LGBTQ homeless populations.

This is not gaff of a buffonic personality with international celebrity. This homophobic position is held by someone with the power to deny LGBTQ people their BASIC NEEDS.

Let's counter Rob Ford's hate of LGBTQ communities with a demonstration of love!

Let's crash this party.

Friday, July 25
7pm-8pm
Thomson Memorial Park
1005 Brimely Park
Scarborough, Ontario

~~~

This campaign is definitely popcorn worthy ...

On a very serious note though, I hope there is law enforcement nearby because I can see this non campaign event turning into a brawl with Ford Nation. This campaign has the potential to get uglier and uglier as time goes on.

I hope protestors show up, it'll only help to rally more Ford supporters. These sort of protests have a way of backfiring.

MetroMan tweeted the other day that police "chatter" involving Brazen 2 has gone up recently. I'm wondering if it's due to the fact that today Chief Blair is going to either request a contract extension or retire from the force.

When I was growing up in the suburbs of Etobicoke, our prefix was CHerry.

"Phone exchange names once defined neighbourhoods"
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...s-once-defined-neighbourhoods/article1109650/

"Were you a WAlnut or a CHerry? How about a PRincess or a GRover, and I don't mean the lovable blue Sesame Street character.

I'm referring, of course, to the old Toronto telephone exchange names, and if you're over 50, you probably remember yours."

I've just learned that I'm a WAlnut. And being a 92- I also did not get a robofest call. The 92- and 96- are downtown east as well, not just Gay Village.

I hope protestors show up, it'll only help to rally more Ford supporters. These sort of protests have a way of backfiring.

We'll see ....

The launch was supposed to be much better attended but it wasn't. And much has happened since. I doubt you'll see the many thousands you did previously. But go ahead malvern, dare to dream. That is your right. What have we if not our dreams.

MetroMan tweeted the other day that police "chatter" involving Brazen 2 has gone up recently. I'm wondering if it's due to the fact that today Chief Blair is going to either request a contract extension or retire from the force.

I'd just like to know what "chatter" means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back