450     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 625     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 505     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone's interested, I believe Kathy Ford is back in court today for toothbrushgate. I wonder if the "community service" she couldn't discuss last time was ratting on her brother.

Edit: Whoops, I mean she was supposed to have been in court yesterday. I never heard anything about it though.

Brilliant. Now to clean up keyboard.:)

cbc.ca's Ford Fest story pretty much sums it up as a campaign event even while reporting the conditions that made it 'not one' for the permit (cf the closing sentence). Warning - ouchie of a photo to assault one's eyes upon opening the article. Rob Ford a little too 'in my face' for comfort.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ayor-to-host-ford-fest-bash-tonight-1.2717741

george washington's teeth!!!

George_87.jpg

Attachments

• George_87.jpg
    George_87.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 932
Doug Ford on Mayor Ford's Aftercare

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/07/25/doug-ford-on-mayor-fords-aftercare/

Francis D'Souza: "So when does he get his aftercare?"

DoFo: "Aftercare? On...?"

Francis D'Souza: "The after-rehab care?"

DoFo: "Oh, you know, I'm sure he talks to some folks, there... but Rob's feeling healthier... as he told me the other day, I've never felt healthier in many years ... I'm feeling good... and uhhh.... when he goes out on events..."

Francis D'Souza: "Do you KNOW if he's getting after-rehab care?"

DoFo: "Yeah, well, you know something, I'm sure that's something that you might want to talk to him about, but... uhhh, yeah... to answer your question, he is. But again, he's feeling fabulous, and he's doing great."

<DoFoBsTranslator>

"I've never heard of aftercare. I've never heard of aftercare because Rob didn't go to rehab. We sent my brother to Chicago to get him out of Dodge for a bit but he was turned back at the border, so he hid out near the Junction for a few days. We then sent him to a fake spa-hab in the Muskokas where he could set his own terms and do whatever the hell he wanted until we decided it was ok for him to come back.

To answer your question, I've never heard of aftercare until now and obviously Rob is not getting any. In a way your question is foolish, Francis, because it implies he actually got CARE."

</DoFoBsTranslator>

It's a simple case of misunderstanding and mishearing. Thug thought the question was about the after party. Rob's buddy Z might know. If Thug ever met Z, which he probably didn't, ever.

That's weird! I've only ever heard of it called that. But yes, the Church and Wellesley area. And I have no clue how they would manage it, but there are quite a few people saying it (it is twitter though, so who knows, but really would it shock you?)

It would actually be relatively easy to do I believe, at least for land lines in the 416 area code. Each area of the city has it's own unique first 3 digits. For example, the area east of Scarlet north of Eglinton west of Weston and north to about Wilson starts with "24". So a phone number in that area would be 416-24X-XXXX. Not foolproof because that changed as 647 was introduced but fairly easy in the 416. West of Scarlett the numbers mostly begin 416-23X. Nunziata's area is 76. Ward 2 is mainly 74. It's often easy to tell where a number is located just by knowing what the prefix is.

I e-mailed my Councillor and just got this response:

Thank you for your email outlining your objections to Mayor Ford’s scheduled community event at David and Mary Thomson Park on July 25. I, too, share your concerns about the possibility of the event being used to promote the Mayor’s re-election campaign.

While the City makes its facilities widely available to groups that seek to hold celebrations and other events, City bylaws prohibit the use of City facilities for campaign purposes. The onus is on all candidates and councillors that choose to hold community events to ensure that what happens at a public event on City property does not contravene any City or election policies.

I have been informed that senior City staff have met with the Mayor's Office to review the policies that must be followed during the event. A letter is also being provided to the Mayor along with a copy of the applicable policies. To ensure that the event is held in compliance with these policies, Parks supervisors and bylaw enforcement officers will be onsite at the event.

If you have any evidence or information that City or elections rules have been broken at the event, it is your right to lodge a complaint with the City’s Integrity Commissioner. If my office can be of further help on this or any other issue, please feel free to contact me.

Yours truly,

Michael Thompson
Chair, Economic Development and Culture Committee
Vice-Chair, Toronto Police Services Board
Councillor, Scarborough Centre
Ward 37
416-397-9274

Mayors act as ambassadors of their respective municipal governments, regardless of extra powers granted by their city counsel. We could create a system of rotation for extra duties imposed on councillors, that could cause other problems, including lack of continuity in public relationships with other cities, delegates, and other levels of government.

and that's why, as ambassador to the city Rob Ford is promoting this weekend's Beaches Jazz Festival, the Taste of Toronto, and....no of course not, he's only talking about his big campaign event.

and that's why, as ambassador to the city Rob Ford is promoting this weekend's Beaches Jazz Festival, the Taste of Toronto, and....no of course not, he's only talking about his big campaign event.

Jazz (and classical music) are for elitists. Ford Fest is for the real folks.

Back to the phone exchanges, more here.

http://www.kvack.org/~bcrl/to-COs.html

It would actually be relatively easy to do I believe, at least for land lines in the 416 area code. Each area of the city has it's own unique first 3 digits. For example, the area east of Scarlet north of Eglinton west of Weston and north to about Wilson starts with "24". So a phone number in that area would be 416-24X-XXXX. Not foolproof because that changed as 647 was introduced but fairly easy in the 416. West of Scarlett the numbers mostly begin 416-23X. Nunziata's area is 76. Ward 2 is mainly 74. It's often easy to tell where a number is located just by knowing what the prefix is.

Except with number portability, all the exchange tells you is where the person lived ten years ago.

It's often easy to tell where a number is located just by knowing what the prefix is.

When I was growing up in the suburbs of Etobicoke, our prefix was CHerry.

"Phone exchange names once defined neighbourhoods"
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...s-once-defined-neighbourhoods/article1109650/

"Were you a WAlnut or a CHerry? How about a PRincess or a GRover, and I don't mean the lovable blue Sesame Street character.

I'm referring, of course, to the old Toronto telephone exchange names, and if you're over 50, you probably remember yours."

Last edited:

But with number porting for several years now, that system is no longer foolproof. Anyone in the C/W area who ported their number from another area of the City would have got a call.

I still haven't heard what bylaw officers are going to do if rules are broken. Do they shut them down? Is it dealt with after the event is over?

Also, is RoFo the only one who is not allowed to campaign? What about his supporters?

I e-mailed my Councillor and just got this response:

Michael Thomspson can't stand Ford. It must be hard to write responses and not be able to say "I know right?! What a prick."

It's our laws and policies that, quite frankly and in theory, I'm glad are written for cases of civilized operations.

If we change the laws and policies now, it's the same as the asinine idea that banning any ball in a school yard will prevent anyone from ever getting hurt. When it actually hurts all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back