805     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 615     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far as I can tell from Twitter, Ford has not yet shown up for work today.

Can you imagine the sheer magnitude of how hard Doug Ford's day would be wrecked by the Marier interview combined with a Rob relapse?

Pleasant thing to imagine.

Yeah, they're all slightly different iterations of drunk, irresponsible Ted Kennedy.
Hang on though. When sober Ted Kennedy accomplished a hell of a lot, and came across as an intelligent, well-spoken, progressive person. He was a US Senator for pushing 50 years, with incredible achievements, despite his drinking and womanizing.

I'd take Ted Kennedy drunk over Rob Ford sober.

I'll drive off that bridge when I come to it.
I don't think anyone is topping that comment!

Far as I can tell from Twitter, Ford has not yet shown up for work today.

Can you imagine the sheer magnitude of how hard Doug Ford's day would be wrecked by the Marier interview combined with a Rob relapse?

Pleasant thing to imagine.

He arrived at 9 but appears to have left already. His office says he has no events scheduled.

So apparently Ford proclaimed today "Chemistry Education Day".

I feel like somebody at the City must be pulling my leg. You really can't make this shit up.

A meth lab demonstration, perhaps?

I've been thinking that we need to simplify/harshen the message for Rob so that it might get through... something akin to "Man the f*ck up and take responsibility for your actions!" It might just be blunt enough to break it's way into his tiny little mind.

I kind of like "your daddy raised a coward". Since nothing rational ever works we should start baiting him.

Is anyone else thinking that nothing will happen of this Brazen 2 investigation? I wouldn't be surprised if Rob never faces any kind of charges.

Maybe TPS have decided their reputation is already so far in the shitter it doesn't matter if they all but publically admit ROFO and friends are essentially above the law?

Nah, but funny to think they'd ever get to that level of self awareness.

Yes. All that, clothed in the trappings of respectability. After all, he's still the Mayor in spite of everything. A teflon-coated trainwreck has a weird sort of appeal. Stupefaction that he can get away with it...and so much of it (!) when you just know you couldn't. Not that you'd want to, but wouldn't it be great to able to, kind of thing. And a sense that it *will* eventually come crashing down, would make those selfies 'valuable' now.

Think of the stoner dudes that Seth Rogan used to play--they would worship Slob Fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back