102     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be great if it was just a conspiracy theory wouldn't it?

Except it sounds so damn plausible given the habits of Mayor Moron.
And what's so meager about five thousand bucks and paying off a car fix?
A similar offer was good enough for an attempted buyout of the crack video wasn't it?

See, more proof of downtown elitist gravy train spending.
You people don't know the value of a dollar, folks!

This stupid, incompetent, dangerous and compromising position Mayor Moron
seems to constantly put himself, and the city into.
This pretzel...is really making me thirsty.

'cause it's a strong pet peeve of mine, i gotta say...

calling something a theory does not mean it's not true / not something observable (e.g. the theory of gravity). but since most people do use the term incorrectly, i enjoy using the term conspiracy fact once it's proven.

Whatever he said to her must have involved some kind of threat. Nothing else explains why she'd be so visibly upset upon leaving. Keep in mind that Rofo is genuinely a violent, unstable thug, and is as mean as a snake to boot. That's not hyperbole.

Even if there's some rationale behind threatening her - which could surely backfire in a major way if Stintz elects to show some spine and actually push back this time - I don't doubt that Slob's in a very unhappy place right now, and is probably more than willing to spread the misery. He and Dofo appear to lashing out at random right now. I'd be willing to bet money they intend to take as many people down with them as they can.
If Stintz really wants to screw him over she should just announce that she's dropping out of the race. Any questions would be answered by, "Mr. Ford advised me not to discuss any details".

If Stintz really wants to screw him over she should just announce that she's dropping out of the race. Any questions would be answered by, "Mr. Ford advised me not to discuss any details".

Apolgies for the buzzkill...

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 31m
Karen Stintz's spokesperson says she met with the mayor in private this morning following request for a personal apology for lewd comments.

Karen Stintz's spokesperson says she met with the mayor in private this morning following request for a personal apology for lewd comments.

However, I found it odd that a personal apology would leave someone shaken.

AoD

i gotta point out some inconsistencies in the sun article (http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/10/mayor-rob-fords-rehab-buddy-speaks-out)

McRobb, 36, said she struck up a conversation with Ford about fishing on May 3 or 4 — less than a week after the Toronto mayor enrolled himself into rehab for alcohol and substance abuse treatment.

[...]

The Bala woman said she has battled alcohol issues since her boyfriend died in 2004 and was only at GreeneStone Muskoka rehab facility a mere nine days before she was kicked out.

[...]

She was charged on May 20 when she was pulled over near the rehab clinic where they were both patients at the time.

the 3rd or 4th of may, plus nine days does not bring us to may 20th. so it should say, where they were both patients earlier in the month?

and i thought we had learned or deduced that rob didn't start at greenestone until something like may 6th... am i remembering that correctly?

eta:
McRobb said GreeneStone discharged her on May 15.

minus nine days brings us to may 6th of 7th. so they actually met then? when they were admitted, on the same day as each other?

Last edited:

I'm curious about whether the request came from Stintz, given that this was Stintz's position a few days ago:

When the media asked me how I felt about Mr. Ford’s public apology, I said the simple truth. “He has my number.” The media continues to ask.

Mr. Ford has still not called. This is from someone who claims he calls everyone back.

Now my phone is off the hook to Mr. Ford. I have no interest in taking his call. Like every person in this city, I don’t need spineless, pre-scripted, speech-written, rip-and-read, I’ll take no questions, vacuous words.

If the request came from Ford, I wonder if he - or perhaps the comms director? - thinks that it will head off some of the criticism.

and what is she really saying here?

On May 21, while McRobb was at the impound lot, getting her belongings from her car, she was videotaped by two reporters from Moose FM that captured her saying she had left her gold-coloured watch in Ford’s room at GreeneStone.

“I was distraught that day and wasn’t feeling great from the alcohol and it was a statement I wish I could take back,†she said. “I don’t know, that was so stupid. We were friends and we’d visit here and there and I was probably visiting there and left it one day. Our rooms were almost side by side. Some people had TVs and I was probably washing my hands and left it, I don’t really recall.â€

i was in rob's room to watch tv and therefore had to wash my hands??

i dunno, sounds greasy.

What is with Drug referring to himself in the third person?

Wikipedia said:
In everyday speech[edit]

Illeism in everyday speech can have a variety of intentions depending on context. One common usage is to impart humility, a common practice in feudal societies and other societies where honorifics are important to observe ("Your servant awaits your orders"), as well as in master–slave relationships ("This slave needs to be punished"). Recruits in the military, mostly United States Marine Corps recruits, are also often made to refer to themselves in the third-person, such as "the recruit," in order to reduce the sense of individuality and enforce the idea of the group being more important than the self.[citation needed] The use of illeism in this context imparts a sense of lack of self, implying a diminished importance of the speaker in relation to the addressee or to a larger whole.

Conversely, in different contexts, illeism can be used to reinforce self-promotion, as used to sometimes comic effect by Bob Dole throughout his political career.[2] This was particularly made notable during the United States presidential election, 1996 and lampooned broadly in popular media for years afterwards.

Similarly illeism is used with an air of grandeur, to give the speaker lofty airs. Idiosyncratic and conceited people are known to either use or are lampooned as using illeism to puff themselves up or illustrate their egoism. The artist Salvador Dalí used illeism throughout his interview with 60 Minutes's Mike Wallace, punctuating it with "Dalí is immortal and will not die," although this may have been a reference to the legacy of his art rather than his actual self. The wrestler The Rock was notorious for this, mainly to enhance his persona to a superhuman level. Deepanjana Pal of Firstpost noted that speaking in the third person "is a classic technique used by generations of Bollywood scriptwriters to establish a character’s aristocracy, power and gravitas."[3]

An increasingly common use of illeism in common speech is as sarcasm, used when a person is being spoken about by other people present as if he weren't there. For example, Alice and Bob having a conversation about Carol: "Did you hear about Carol?" to which Carol interrupts with "Carol can hear you, you know."

Young children in Japan commonly refer to themselves by their own name (a habit probably picked from their elders who would normally refer to them by name. This is due to the normal Japanese way of speaking, where referring to another in the third person is considered more polite than using the Japanese words for "you", like Omae[4]) though as the children grow older they normally switch over to using first person references. Japanese Idols also may refer to themselves in the third person so to give off the feeling of childlike cuteness.

Which one do you think?

I'm curious about whether the request came from Stintz, given that this was Stintz's position a few days ago:

If the request came from Ford, I wonder if he - or perhaps the comms director? - thinks that it will head off some of the criticism.

agreed. why write that piece for the star?

on the other hand, I've never been terribly impressed with Stintz's tactical thinking.

this...

She has fended off numerous media calls to her home and said she was recently fired from a job because of her ties to Ford.

“They said, ‘We don’t think things are working out,’ †McRobb said. “They said, ‘There’s been some people talking about you and Rob Ford.’ People were questioning me while I was at work and I can’t just say that wasn’t me. I wasn’t going to lie. It’s affecting my life. Ruining it. I am just a northern girl caught up with these big people.â€

could refer to her "side job". maybe that's what she's not allowed to do right now... maybe because cops might be watching.

and this...

But she is focusing on the future by combatting her alcoholism with a new program at an all-women’s facility in Milton in the fall.

to me, says she was doing things she shouldn't with men... that that is related to why she was kicked out, so this time she's only being admitted to an all-women's facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back