54     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 153     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 370     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you might be on to something. Renata must be a divorce lawyer's dream. Just look at how Robbie humiliated her twice in one day, the day of the "enough to eat at home" comment: making the comment itself, and then having her stand there in front of the world so everyone can visualize her and Robbie in flagrante delicto (urrgh). Oh yeah and then needlessly dragging her through the crowd of assembled media, rather than take the exit near the podium.

Not to mention of course the substance abuse, possible domestic violence, consorting with hookers, and god knows what else has gone on behind closed doors. The mind reels.

Hopefully this hail-mary rehab stunt won't carry any weight in a divorce proceeding.

A question: What job did Renata have before she was married?

What the hell are you talking about? Your choice of mayor has to do with how much they personally spend on expenses? We're talking differences of a few thousands of dollars. Anything to save a millionth of a penny on your taxes, though, am I right? How unfortunate that the Fords' petty logic has so thoroughly infiltrated your thought process.

I'm not talking about personal spending rather expense account as a public servant. You are being condescending and making assumptions about me without any knowledge of me whatsoever. Are you one of those that attack others when their views differ from yours? Seriously, I thought the purpose of this board was to share ideas, thoughts and opinions, not to be insulting to those who don't agree with you. No wonder people sometimes feel unwelcome here.

As for saving on my taxes, I like everyone else want my taxes managed well. But I do not want to save at the expense of vital services and programs. So here's the 411 for you: no I am not one of those petty Ford logic "folks". Thanks.

For the record, I am not now nor have I ever been a Ford supporter. I did not vote for him in 2010 and questioned anyone who did. But I have significant experience in the corporate world at senior levels and my experience has been that those who are spendthrifts in their expense accounts are not always the best money managers period. I am not suggesting she won't manage money well but am cautious she might not. The NDP brand doesn't help.

With the exception of custody - this is not how divorce works - finances and RRSP's get split down middle plus she might get spousal support for the number of years she's spent at home while he worked (and that's only to equalize the divorcing spouses, so no huge payouts).

While divorces are considered "no fault", they can still be negotiated in a very imbalanced way.

"The judge has said you only get to see the kids a few hours every other week, Rob. You want to see them more often, I want more money."

I've re-watched the video that came out this morning.

First of all, I can't help but laugh every time I see his choreographed 'ka-pow!' move and the way the camera-person jerks the camera up to keep Ford in the frame. If nothing else, you gotta say the man has moves! This 5 seconds of video has me in stitches every time I re-watch it.

I also suspect that he's watching something on a TV that's out of the frame, because right after that he gestures to someone and says something like 'bro - you missed it!', while pointing at what I believe to be the TV.

If this was a stranger we were viewing, I'd say that the rest of the video is so very, very dark and sad. (However, because we know this man and the damage he's done to divide the city, it's instead really infuriating to watch).

Also… from Jennifer Pagliaro - the song playing in the background of the video is 'Don't Let me be Lonely Tonight':

jpags: Also I can now verify that soft rock tune in new Ford video is the following. Happy Friday everyone: http://t.co/bPMP6mIlkD

While divorces are considered "no fault", they can still be negotiated in a very imbalanced way.

"The judge has said you only get to see the kids a few hours every other week, Rob. You want to see them more often, I want more money."

I feel like Rob would be more inclined to pay more to see the kids less.

With the exception of custody - this is not how divorce works - finances and RRSP's get split down middle plus she might get spousal support for the number of years she's spent at home while he worked (and that's only to equalize the divorcing spouses, so no huge payouts).

If the initial theory is correct, I don't think this is really about finances. It's about the kids. In his current state, Rob would be face a huge uphill battle for unsupervised access, let alone any kind of custody.

If the initial theory is correct, I don't think this is really about finances. It's about the kids. In his current state, Rob would be face a huge uphill battle for unsupervised access, let alone any kind of custody.

I really don't think Rob would put up much of a fight for custody, except maybe out of spite.

Sad to say,if what we've heard about Renata is true, both of them aren't exactly great parents - it sounds like the grandparents do most of the parenting. If the rumour that Renata's been through the detox/rehab recently (i.e. sought some help during the time of the police investigation) that might help her out...

What the hell are you talking about? Your choice of mayor has to do with how much they personally spend on expenses? We're talking differences of a few thousands of dollars. Anything to save a millionth of a penny on your taxes, though, am I right? How unfortunate that the Fords' petty logic has so thoroughly infiltrated your thought process.

Choosing an elected representative by what they had for dinner is INSANE....

The poster never said this would be the only factor in his/her choice for mayor -- or even that it would be a factor at all. S/he was just making an observation. Some of you really need to chill with the attacks and twisting people's words into things that aren't there.

The poster never said this would be the only factor in his/her choice for mayor -- or even that it would be a factor at all. S/he was just making an observation. Some of you really need to chill with the attacks and twisting people's words into things that aren't there.

Thank you!

The only issue I can't wrap my head around with this narrative is why all the unnecessary and easily disproved lying?

it keeps the story in the news. no such thing as bad publicity in douglas jr's world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back