News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 542     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple things that I have been thinking about:

1) Why flee the country? Surely there are reputable and effective rehab centers in Canada.
2) Who had the date of Rob fleeing the country in the arrest pool? Obviously it wasn't an arrest, but it was certainly a milestone event. Maybe that person deserves some sort of consolation prize...
3) Assuming Ford IS in rehab AND is earnest about getting help, what reputable facility would release him back into the same place he just came from into a super high stress campaign environment??? Seriously, what treatment center would say "yeah, man, you're cured. Go back and start campaigning. Have at it boss!"

I don't know a lot about rehab but I would assume that most facilities who treat high profile patients would like that their patients stay sober to protect their reputation. Releasing a guy into an environment geared towards a high potential for a spectacular public relapse would seem like a bad business decision.

1) Why flee the country? Surely there are reputable and effective rehab centers in Canada.
2) Who had the date of Rob fleeing the country in the arrest pool? Obviously it wasn't an arrest, but it was certainly a milestone event. Maybe that person deserves some sort of consolation prize...
3) Assuming Ford IS in rehab AND is earnest about getting help, what reputable facility would release him back into the same place he just came from into a super high stress campaign environment??? Seriously, what treatment center would say "yeah, man, you're cured. Go back and start campaigning. Have at it boss!"

I don't know a lot about rehab but I would assume that most facilities who treat high profile patients would like that their patients stay sober to protect their reputation. Releasing a guy into an environment geared towards a high potential for a spectacular public relapse would seem like a bad business decision.

1) Fantastic question but I think it can be answered by the Fords obsession with everything US and the fact that they think Canadian media can't find them there.
2) I think so! It may be as close to an arrest as we get.
3) Most reputable rehab centres would not, but they also probably wouldn't let someone commit to only 30 days of rehab with no follow up care.

I don't think he's in rehab at all or ever will be. This is just another Ford lie.

How much campaigning ( and partying - if any ) Rob decides to do when he returns to work will be up to him ( and his campaign manager ).

He was on Modified Duty went he went on Leave With Pay, so presumably, his Return To Work will again be for Modified Duty:

"Any job, task, function or combination thereof that an employee who suffers a partial disability or diminished capacity, may perform safely, without risk of re-injury or exacerbation of the existing injury, on a temporary basis."
http://wx.toronto.ca/intra/hr/policies.nsf/0/02142aee4b9ca546852572190056d288?OpenDocument

That's for Local 416. It's possible the same or similar policy would apply to the mayor.

"On Thursday, Minnan-Wong wouldn’t rule out that Ford will continue to do the job until next October.
“I think the mayor can keep up his modified duties,” he said. “They are significantly less than they were in October and so I think his workload has been significantly diminished.”
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/12/06/mayor-rob-ford-talks-snow-not-scandal

"The mayor will continue to receive his pay while on leave, but has the option to pay the money back or reimburse taxpayers."
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/rob-ford-...rehab-facility-lawyer-1.1802733#ixzz30t4c1EnH

Last edited:
Sure, unless it's court mandated, then your only other choice is probably prison.
How funny would it be if he WAS at rehab and skipped off to parts unknown? Imagine Doug's reaction!

Edit : Casita, I'm still annoyed that he's being paid for personal leave. That makes no sense.

Last edited:

They don't have a choice where he goes when he leaves. They can make all of the recommendations they want, but can't force him to listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back