3.2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 621     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Robbie will send a "Missing you too" postcard to UT from rehab?
View attachment 25693

Well that would at least end speculation he isn't in rehab. Personally I don't think he is but I suspect we'll know for sure in short order. The odds of 30 without a peep is highly unlikely. Either partying selfies will emerge or tales from rehab. I'd be surprised if another week goes by without a Rob sighting.

IBYoWF7.gif

I'm not helping.

That made me laugh :)

We had a discussion some time ago about Ford's "red face" at times. I have Rosacea, and I suggested that perhaps Ford did too. I think this photograph confirms the evidence as we finally have a photo that shows some of the capillaries in his face breaking on his nose, cheeks and a few on his forehead. Alcohol can be a trigger (I don't drink), so can the sun, exercise and blushing/flushing from embarrassment or anger.

TMZ tweeted a story about Rob Ford going to rehab. What would be excellent is if TMZ would try and find out if he did. If anyone is brazen enough to do it, it's them.

As per the conspiracy theories, everything is as likely as anything else that has happened so far in this situation. We have to be honest here, this isn't a normal thing happening to a normal person. Nothing that's happened in this situation has been something that most would expect or experience in their everyday lives. The Fords are like no other family. Who the f knows what happens between them behind closed doors.

IMO, someone here came up with what could possibly be the most likely answer to how this all happened at once, that someone put out a call for people to catch Ford on tape doing idiot things. That really would explain it. Another explanation is that Rob Ford got careless, and went off the depend opening himself up to two situations in one weekend. Either are just as likely as it being Doug, Kathy or the mob.

Last edited:
To my perspective, as long as people are respectful, are not sexist/homophobic/racist/etc, and not swear, then the thread is not deteriorating.
Speculation, conspiracy theories, and outlandish ideas have long been part of the foundation of this thread during the slow times.
That drives some people away, and those that stay start posting about 70s music or how many posts they can view per page.
But some of the speculation during the slow times has also turned out to be true.
There are a lot of smart and insightful people who post here. Conspiracy theories help people work out their ideas about what might have happened. There is no need to be derisive or judgmental. If you can prove them wrong, then do so, respectfully.
Hopefully, we are all here because we care about our city. Be encouraging. Think: what would RoFo do, and then do the opposite.
Thank you.

But the most likely scenario is that the crack-smoking guy and his crack-smoking sister got together with a crack dealer and smoked some crack. And "the crown" was not involved in their crack buying or crack smoking.

Yup, they simply got caught smoking substances from pipe like last 25 yrs. plus at a family residence
They forgot about the smartphone technologies around. They were too wasted.

RoFo got caught again, so he skipped town, simply.

He's definitely NOT in rehab. In this day and age and with his immense notoriety, there's absolutely no way a fellow in-patient, facility worker, or heck, even janitor etc. at such a rehab facility wouldn't possibly leak that info out. No mention of the facility = he's not in rehab. He's more likely hanging out with Deco labels chums in Chicago.

With his "immense notoriety", I would think that someone would have spotted him by now if he is actually not in a rehab facility.

oh ok, so your first post uses the word "f--king". Classy Entrance.

His contribution to this discussion is more lame than the conspiracy theorists that he keeps complaining about. As the name implies, he polluted the thread.

I think the audio being staged is more likely, although still not that likely. Doug would have known the video was coming out, why would they need the audio? Maybe to steer the conversation back to the more socially accepted alcohol issue? If it is true, I think Doug may have had this audio for some time, waiting to drop it if needed to initiate the hail mary. Does anyone have the specific timestamps on the audio that they hear Doug? Why would he let audio come out that trashes the CPC? To get back at Hudak? Also, why would he let the part about Stintz come out? He could have put the last 3 minutes (which is less offensive politically) out, and it would have had the same effect.

I posted some timestamps here http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/14268-Mayor-Rob-Ford-s-Toronto?p=858597#post858597

I am formerly a semi-pro violinist; I have a good ear. I believe it is Doug speaking (although I have never heard Randy), both because I recognize the voice and because of the things he says. He is always trying to turn the accusation back on the accuser, for example, as he did in council, demanding to know if other councillors had smoked dope or used drugs. On the audio, he can be heard challenging another guy about smoking dope ("What did you smoke yesterday? When did you last smoke a joint?"). He was also playing his campaign manager role, trying to get the conversation off politics. Early on he says he'd prefer no-one speaks about politics after 9 o'clock, and later repeats the time in an apparent effort to suggest that Robbie is now on "his own time" and can do/say whatever he likes.

A lot of the conspiracy theories ventured here seem pretty tongue-in-cheek, IMO, and even those that are offered seriously/semi-seriously are still pretty harmless, ultimately. All I know is, there's nothing I wouldn't put past the Ford family by this point, so even the more outlandish speculation doesn't really come off as all that out there. There's nothing wrong with engaging in a few rounds of "What Are They Up To Now?", especially during quiet periods. We have to pass the time until Slob's next public meldown somehow.

Movin' right along, I wonder how many news agencies are going to devote resources towards finding out where Ford's been stashed away? Because you know some of them are going to.

Great post by Andrew Tumilty:

"As he may be in a drug and alcohol treatment program right now, that may sound harsh. So be it. With only Rob and Doug’s word to go on we have no reason to take it as a fact. Anyone who does has not been paying attention. Let’s assume though Rob is in fact being treated for his addictions this very moment. He is still a coward, and that can’t be treated anymore than his bigotry can.

Assuming he has, Ford came to the decision to seek help just as three incredibly damaging stories were about to hit the press. Ford has made a career out of ignoring media questions, but perhaps even he knew this time was different. His moral depravity such that I suspect he was genuinely afraid he had gone too far this time. So he ran."

http://eh-types.com/2014/05/02/see-rob-run/

I posted some timestamps here http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/14268-Mayor-Rob-Ford-s-Toronto?p=858597#post858597

I am formerly a semi-pro violinist; I have a good ear. I believe it is Doug speaking (although I have never heard Randy), both because I recognize the voice and because of the things he says. He is always trying to turn the accusation back on the accuser, for example, as he did in council, demanding to know if other councillors had smoked dope or used drugs. On the audio, he can be heard challenging another guy about smoking dope ("What did you smoke yesterday? When did you last smoke a joint?"). He was also playing his campaign manager role, trying to get the conversation off politics. Early on he says he'd prefer no-one speaks about politics after 9 o'clock, and later repeats the time in an apparent effort to suggest that Robbie is now on "his own time" and can do/say whatever he likes.

Perhaps media will hire a forensic audio expert(s), like they did with "Ian from Etobicoke":
http://globalnews.ca/news/950387/fo...ether-ian-from-etobicoke-caller-was-rob-ford/

Last edited:
Great post by Andrew Tumilty:

"As he may be in a drug and alcohol treatment program right now, that may sound harsh. So be it. With only Rob and Doug’s word to go on we have no reason to take it as a fact. Anyone who does has not been paying attention. Let’s assume though Rob is in fact being treated for his addictions this very moment. He is still a coward, and that can’t be treated anymore than his bigotry can.

Assuming he has, Ford came to the decision to seek help just as three incredibly damaging stories were about to hit the press. Ford has made a career out of ignoring media questions, but perhaps even he knew this time was different. His moral depravity such that I suspect he was genuinely afraid he had gone too far this time. So he ran."

http://eh-types.com/2014/05/02/see-rob-run/

Based on their history of flat out lying and thugs statement that it's not about the truth, let's just say he is Not in rehab.

Let me add my speculation here too:)

The family uses slob for their own power game. They can't use thug, or the other two because the media will dig way deeper and fully uncover the criminal activity of said individuals and the family/ business.

Slob is the "safest" one !!

They will continue to spin, do damage control and yes.....lie to maintain their power game. Remember the matriarch has a plan for who will be in power and when.....see earlier threads about the other right wing "mayor wanna be but can't be"!

If this is the continued future leadership of Toronto, it's deserved.

Oh, as an aside, I also will add that Toronto is destined to be another Detroit/ Flint, Michigan within 10 years. Toronto is not booming....it's actually imploding! I won't get into that discussion on this thread.

The media will find Rob doing whatever he's doing. I look forward to what K Donovan and other reporters find as they follow the money from Muzik and beyond.

So in all of this, what's going on in the head of Mikey D Ford who it appears is being groomed for a role in the Ford political dynasty? I wonder if he's been drinking the Ford Koolaid since birth or if he indeed has any independent persona. Does anyone know if he lives with Kathy?

Is Mikey:
a) furious at uncle Rob for showing up his mom, misbehaving in the basement and damaging the family's reputation (even further), and then having to drive the doofus/his luggage to the airport,
b) furious at Kathy for enticing uncle Rob to misbehave in the basement and damaging the family's reputation (even further), which in turn is a possible negative for his political future,
c) la la la crickets this is just another normal evening/day in Ford land and I'll do whatever uncle Doug tells me to do.

So in all of this, what's going on in the head of Mikey D Ford who it appears is being groomed for a role in the Ford political dynasty? I wonder if he's been drinking the Ford Koolaid since birth or if he indeed has any independent persona. Does anyone know if he lives with Kathy?

Is Mikey:
a) furious at uncle Rob for showing up his mom, misbehaving in the basement and damaging the family's reputation (even further), and then having to drive the doofus/his luggage to the airport,
b) furious at Kathy for enticing uncle Rob to misbehave in the basement and damaging the family's reputation (even further), which in turn is a possible negative for his political future,
c) la la la crickets this is just another normal evening/day in Ford land and I'll do whatever uncle Doug tells me to do.

Unfortunately, it's "C". His mom is Kathy Ford and his dad killed someone. Enuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back