37     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 456     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 559     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone in rehab who isn't an everyday drinker still be detoxing with benzos, in withdrawal etc...? I thought Ford's problem was not that he was drinking in excess everyday but going on binges periodically?

Would someone in rehab who isn't an everyday drinker still be detoxing with benzos, in withdrawal etc...? I thought Ford's problem was not that he was drinking in excess everyday but going on binges periodically?

Ha. Ha. We're joined at the question. See my post right above yours.

they would do an assessment. Depending on the amount he was drinking every day etc he may or may not need meds. In any case he would be observed for about 72 hours.

I can't imagine that Rob doesn't drink daily. A drink or two after a 'long' four hours at the office? It's hardly a binge but the body does become used to it. I can remember putting lovely little old italian gentleman on our withdrawal scoring protocol because they were used to having two or three glasses of wine with supper. Withdrawl can be very hard on the body. Sometimes they needed the benzos, sometimes not. That combined with the fact that he uses other substances? I'd bet he'd be on some benzos.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/03/candidates-backing-rob-ford-hold-scarborough-rally

Candidates backing Rob Ford hold Scarborough rally

TORONTO - Ford Nation is holding down the campaign fort while Rob Ford is likely going to spend his 45th birthday in rehab in an undisclosed location.

Around two dozen volunteers and three candidates running for council gathered on Saturday at the Warden-Lawrence Aves. office to show they still believe in Ford.

And they’re eagerly awaiting his return.

“Mr. Ford will come back and the left, too bad, you’re not going to win this one,” former Toronto councillor John Papadakis said confidently as cheers erupted around him.

Ford took a leave of absence from City Hall Thursday to enter rehab for treatment of his substance abuse problem.

A funny story about John Papadakis. He was a former councillor in East York pre-amalgamation. He was actually endorsed by the Toronto-Danforth NDP and then MPP Marilyn Churley in his attempt to unseat incumbent conservative councillor Case Ootes in the 2003 election. The guy is a nut who changes political colours depending on what way the wind blows. Safe to say, he's no meteorologist. He spends much of his time hanging out by the media contingent outside Ford's office trying to start subway versus LRT debates with councillors having press conferences nearby. When Ari Goldkind launched his mayoral campaign outside Ford's office live on TV last month Papadakis was seen in the back pestering him about his pro-LRT views.

Also, according to Twitter, he ran twice as a mayoral candidate in Fort Erie.

Last edited:
Most inpatient drug treatment center will require you attend detox for a specific period of time before admitting, regardless of the need for medically supervised withdrawal.

And I highly, highly suspect Rob is not only a daily drinker, but a heavy one. In the ITO, he chugs an entire mickey of vodka in the matter of minutes and drives home. You really would need a much higher than average tolerance, methodically built up over time, to do that without driving off the road 10 minutes later. Also look at the way he was drinking protein shakes in Council right after his November fitness plan for recovery. Two hands to the mouth, to make sure he didn't shake and drop it. That's why most detoxes use plastic or styrofoam for cups. He shows up for work at noon every day, for gods sake. He is probably on a minimum amount of booze to ward off the DTs during the day but not enough so as not to function (that or he is popping benzos to stave it off until he gets home, which is actually more likely). Once he gets home all bets are off.

Last edited:
Also look at the way he was drinking protein shakes in Council right after his November fitness plan for recovery. Two hands to the mouth, to make sure he didn't shake and drop it. That's why most detoxes use plastic or styrofoam for cups.
mycmi3p.jpg

Those are some thin lips.

hqd9efault.jpg

Attachments

• mycmi3p.jpg
    mycmi3p.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 967
  • hqd9efault.jpg
    hqd9efault.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 939
Last edited:
Those expert media liaisons on addiction must have some sweet paydays.

I agree. Just putting it out there.

I really hope for the sake of his wife and kids he follows the doctor's advice.

City politics is secondary to your health. We haven't lost a mayor since 1963.

"Heart attack at 48: Stricken playing hockey, mayor Summerville dead".

Last edited:
Could Musik go back after the fact and produce receipts etc to make it look like everything was on the up and up?
In this day I'm stunned he's stupid enough not to have created them in the first place. Most companies still use paper receipts and anyone can make paper anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back