330     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 501     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 621     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've called it in the past, he's a dullard; a slow, stupid person. An ignoramus and a cretin - yet he is our Mayor.

Disagree. Even Doolittle is quite adamant that he's not "stupid". He may be ignorant, small minded, boorish, and adhere to a knuckle-dragging ideology borne of a peculiar, bred-in-the-bone *weltanschauung*, but stupid? No. He has animal cunning and political smarts in abundance. Which is actually a more dangerous thing, IMO.

The bullshit isn't taking any time off with the Mayor... FordNationNews is a thing. (on twitter). According to them, "Rob is doing great in rehab. A blessing he says. So much so that he is helping counsel other patients"

So, cured even before he's out of 72 hours detox? The delusion runs strong with these characters.

Disagree. Even Doolittle is quite adamant that he's not "stupid". He may be ignorant, small minded, boorish, and adhere to a knuckle-dragging ideology borne of a peculiar, bred-in-the-bone *weltanschauung*, but stupid? No. He has animal cunning and political smarts in abundance. Which is actually a more dangerous thing, IMO.

I like the way Edward Keenan put it: "There is a simple-mindedness combined with a stubbornness there that has really handicapped him. He is not a sophisticated thinker and he is not book smart in any sense. He is smart in other ways. He is able to communicate with people who are alienated from the process and tap into that."

The bullshit isn't taking any time off with the Mayor... FordNationNews is a thing. (on twitter). According to them, "Rob is doing great in rehab. A blessing he says. So much so that he is helping counsel other patients"

some a-hole on a FB group I'm in posted this verbatim. It's utter nonsense, of course, since he'd still be detoxing at this point and, uh, new arrivals won't be able to counsel anyone, although they'd probably start group/12 step meetings once dried out.

I like the way Edward Keenan put it: "There is a simple-mindedness combined with a stubbornness there that has really handicapped him. He is not a sophisticated thinker and he is not book smart in any sense. He is smart in other ways. He is able to communicate with people who are alienated from the process and tap into that."

Ahhh, this reminds me of that Oscar award winning movie line.... "Ricky Bobby is not a thinker, he's a driver!"

Slobo is good at riling the Ricky Bobby's of this burg.

I'm almost certain that Ford Nation News twitter is a parody of some sort. Just... not a super good one.

He said "it will happen within" not "it would require approximately" (see below). I understand the allegiance to Metroman as he was a source of much good information here in the early days of this (now almost year old) scandal. But his sources are gone, his predictions rarely amount to anything anymore and his rhetoric is over-the-top.

Metroman: "If a warrant is going to be executed, it will happen within the next 48hrs. Watch Momma Ford's and Kathy's homes for signs."

You are being selective. He said "IF a warrant is going to be executed. He didn't say it will be be. He didn't say it came from sources. Not everything he posts is from sources, in fact these days it seems his sources have clammed up completely. You have to remember that one has to read his tweets carefully before you get all excited and/or uppity.

Last edited:
If Rob comes back from rehab and still is in the running I'd recommend he uses Jim Lahey's speech for trailer park supervisor.

"Who is this city, or even in the whole world, doesn't have problems? Who doesn't have a drink too many times once in a while and maybe even winds up passed out in their own driveway, pissing themselves? Who doesn't drink too much sometimes or who doesn't have a puff from time to time? And who doesn't have problems with the people they love? This is our home. This is our community. I am Rob Ford, and I am your Mayor"

I just read Warmington's latest about how Ford Nationals are still campaigning and it was mentioned that the Scarborough office is now open.

These people are going to partly responsible for Ford's crash and burn upon return. It's just another reason why Rob will not do the right thing for himself and his recovery and drop out of the campaign. There's too many people pushing him for their own self-interests. If you really cared about him, you'd be telling him to stop. It's grotesque.

He can say whatever he want, but this time, we have a pipe pic - do not underestimate the power of imagery.

AoD

couldn't agree more. spread it far and wide.

at 45, i'm not exactly a wily old vet, but i'm 'suitably seasoned'. that globe and mail screen grab still rattles me -- on many, many levels.

These people are going to partly responsible for Ford's crash and burn upon return. It's just another reason why Rob will not do the right thing for himself and his recovery and drop out of the campaign. There's too many people pushing him for their own self-interests. If you really cared about him, you'd be telling him to stop. It's grotesque.

Those people won't stop....they will carry the corpse right until the election. It is the real life "Weekend at Bernie's"....Sublime, clip please.

"Therapists are saying he is one of the best candidates they've seen for full recovery. Rob is really working the program."
https://twitter.com/FordNationNews/status/462501693696245760

"BREAKING NEWS: Rob Ford on enemies: They wanted a war, they are going to get the war."

Parody account?

No question it's a parody--and a good one. there is no way Rob is "working the program"--if he's really in rehab he's heavily sedated, and getting ready to start climbing walls.
he is starting to experience.

"The main symptoms of delirium tremens are nightmares, agitation, global confusion, disorientation, visual and auditory hallucinations, fever, hypertension, diaphoresis, and other signs of autonomic hyperactivity (tachycardia and hypertension). These symptoms may appear suddenly but can develop 2–3 days after cessation of drinking heavily with its highest intensity on the fourth or fifth day. Also, these "symptoms are characteristically worse at night". In general DT is considered as the most severe manifestation of alcohol withdrawal, which occurs 3–10 days following the last drink."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delirium_tremens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back