333     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 502     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 622     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
These people are going to partly responsible for Ford's crash and burn upon return. It's just another reason why Rob will not do the right thing for himself and his recovery and drop out of the campaign. There's too many people pushing him for their own self-interests. If you really cared about him, you'd be telling him to stop. It's grotesque.

It's all theater, Rob isn't even a little near bottoming out yet. A month isn't going to anything for someone not ready to actually change. But it get's him out of the way for 2/3's of the provincial election, back just in time to be the Con hero, as a changed man, without enough time to really f*ck it up before the election....

"Therapists are saying he is one of the best candidates they've seen for full recovery. Rob is really working the program."
https://twitter.com/FordNationNews/status/462501693696245760

"BREAKING NEWS: Rob Ford on enemies: They wanted a war, they are going to get the war."

Parody account?

Ha! Uh, no. I spent 3 days with a family member while they were in a hospital detoxing from alcohol, and lemme tell ya... there's no conversation happening. Heavy sedation and curled up in the fetal position is about as good as it gets.

“Poor Sandro was crying like a baby,” the dealer said, describing Lisi down on the ground, protecting his face as blows rained down on him from Ford.

“Leave him be, Robbie,” the man recalled Kathy saying.

“He’s the mob,” Ford said, getting up off Lisi.

“Oh right,” Kathy said, rolling her eyes, the man said.

Sounds like something out of a Scorsese movie.

From 2:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRSTDKgUGj8

Ha! Uh, no. I spent 3 days with a family member while they were in a hospital detoxing from alcohol, and lemme tell ya... there's no conversation happening. Heavy sedation and curled up in the fetal position is about as good as it gets.

Do you think Rob is really that addicted?
View attachment 25675

*delurking nurse*

I call BS on the "Robbie is doing super duper". Rob is likely starting to hit peak withdrawal. He'd be loaded up on a crapload of valium. I've also seen my share of detoxing individuals in restraints because they're losing their s--- (granted it was ICU and they had med issues too) He'll definitely have the 'yellow iv bag of shame' .

Sorry to quote myself, but Kristyn Wong-Tam spoke during that clip, and it reminded me. Someone tweeted a link a few nights ago with her speaking with an interviewer regarding Rob's disregard of the LGBT community, in which she that "it's not that he doesn't understand us, he hates us," after a few years of her trying to meet his bigotry with understanding. I don't know a great deal about her, but her eloquence and even-handedness really impressed me. I think she could go far in politics, if she had the inclination.

Eta - Here is the interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Ni7q0O2bM

Wong-Tam is being extremely smart. She ran a smart, highly organized campaign in 2010 in a race that was by no means a cakewalk (Ken Chan was the anointed Smitherman candidate, and ran KWT pretty close in the end). She has been constantly in the news, and the tenor is always of a smart, savvy, urbane and urban-minded, as well as openly queer councillor. She has positioned herself as the voice of the queer community on council (as much as anyone could be, as the idea of a community was and is a bit of a misnomer). Having a hotline to Pink Triangle Press, publisher of Xtra, certainly doesn't hurt. She has her re-election pretty much locked up, while the seat in 2018 is likely hers if she wants it. I would not be surprised in the slightest if she began to think of higher office in 2018, depending on the results in October.

Last edited:
*delurking nurse*

I call BS on the "Robbie is doing super duper". Rob is likely starting to hit peak withdrawal. He'd be loaded up on a crapload of valium. I've also seen my share of detoxing individuals in restraints because they're losing their s--- (granted it was ICU and they had med issues too) He'll definitely have the 'yellow iv bag of shame' .

yup, he's detoxing w/benzos and being rehydrated right now. Definitely not hanging with other clients yet.

*delurking nurse*

Is that what they call the "30 day spin dry"?

yup, he's detoxing w/benzos and being rehydrated right now. Definitely not hanging with other clients yet.

Assuming he's actually in rehab. Was he alone during his trip to Chicago? What are the chances he didn't have a few 'pops' on the way? If this whole rehab thing is a political ploy, then chances are he's hiding out in Ford-style luxury (decorated in '70's overkill by Momma Bear) somewhere until the furor dies down.

*delurking nurse*

I've got a question about detox: Is it a necessary step when entering rehab? I get the impression Rob is a binger, ie. he spirals out of control at certain times, but will also stay relatively sober at others. In those kind of situations, is it possible skip detox, or is the chemistry and psychology of the process more involved? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back