4.2K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they'll try to spin it as "he needs privacy while he gets help" but I doubt they'll say where he's gone for rehab, since it's probably he won't be going to an actual rehab centre. Look at last time, he was getting "professional help" which turned out to be a (steroid-pimping) gym instructor.
If he really is going to rehab and getting help then I do think the media should lay off him. And by "lay off", I mean, try not to hunt down his whereabouts and swarm him with reporters and photographers.

If he really is going to rehab and getting help then I do think the media should lay off him. And by "lay off", I mean, try not to hunt down his whereabouts and swarm him with reporters and photographers.

Agreed. And also for the sake of the other clients at the clinic.

Shucks, it is too bad R Ford has taken leave, it would have been interesting to hear his responses to
GFL's contract for District 1 not renewed
The Port Authority's ignoring of Council's requested Phase 1 passenger cap of 2.4M..they want 2.9M+
M Layton's MM51.5 re EDM and Muzik
The IC finding of violation re robocallls to Ward 43
And Waterfront's request for the Cousin's Precinct/Don mouth...
As well as Motion MM51.19 asking that Rob Ford not autograph any more decommissioned street sign.

Honest truth: I couldn't care less about Rob Ford's well-being or whether he gets better. He's never shown any real sympathy for anyone else, and the entire extent of what passes for his political vision is the elimination of everything our society does to aid others who are suffering.

I'm definetely on this side of thinking. I want to have sympathy for him but I just don't. I'm not sure if that says more about me or him, but it's the truth.

They should reveal where he's going for rehab though, so we can tell if it's a spa weekend or an actual rehab. Or if he leaves after a day or two. Most rehab places don't provide access to reporters so he'd be safely tucked away inside while he got treatment, it's the spa places that have open doors where reporters would be able to pester him.

Saw a tweet saying that Jerry is with Doug this morning. And that Doug will be giving a press conference from the Mayor's office at 11. Have to stop this shit now. If I turn on CP24 and see Mikey standing in the waiting room of the Mayor's office while the press waits for Doug I'm going to throw something at the TV. Lay off Ford's office staff. They were all working on the campaign anyway. Send Jerry back to regular security detail, at some community centre in North York.

Maybe Doug plans on acting as a de facto mayor while Rob's gone? Or maybe he'll take over in running for mayor?

Very near future soundbytes from Doug:

"Proud of my brother. He's getting help."

"Jim Flaherty"

"I didn't know how bad it was. Knew he enjoyed a couple of pops now and then."

"Still saved city a billion dollars."

"Media should leave everyone alone."

"Will be back, stronger than ever."

Very near future soundbytes from Doug:

"Proud of my brother. He's getting help."

"Jim Flaherty"

"I didn't know how bad it was. Knew he enjoyed a couple of pops now and then."

"Still saved city a billion dollars."

"Media should leave everyone alone."

"Will be back, stronger than ever."

"Stop harassing our children"

"Relentless attacks from the media"

"Conspiracy"

"Took a lot of courage"

"He'll be back stronger than ever"

"He's going to lose some weight and get his drinking under control"

and hopefully

"We're funding his treatment with a special Rehab Ford bobblehead that has him bent over a toilet with the whole body shaking uncontrollably"

"I urge the media to please. respect. my. familys. privacy."

Also, the media should hunt him down in rehab. If he is there, don't report on it. But if he's just at a private condo somewhere then have at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back