653     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 583     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 726     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that Ford is genuinely going to make attempts to clean up, but I would also note that there are some good places in Ontario in which he can dry out. There's a big one in Muskoka.

http://greenestone.net/ (not an endorsement)

Talk about a black-eye for any rehab place that takes him (if it gets out that he stayed there)
There is zero chance he gets and stays clean. All he will be is a cheque and a secret.

Perfect time for Doug to announce his own campaign for mayor?

ddale8 9:53am via Twitter for iPhone
Doug Ford plans to speak from the mayor's office. The mayor is not here.

Honest truth: I couldn't care less about Rob Ford's well-being or whether he gets better. He's never shown any real sympathy for anyone else, and the entire extent of what passes for his political vision is the elimination of everything our society does to aid others who are suffering.
+1000

I have no sympathies for him re: his issues, Flaherty's death etc. Rehab won't cure him of being a privileged douche who has held us hostage with his BS for a year now.

Honest truth: I couldn't care less about Rob Ford's well-being or whether he gets better. He's never shown any real sympathy for anyone else, and the entire extent of what passes for his political vision is the elimination of everything our society does to aid others who are suffering.

+1,000,000

If it's true that Ford has been pulled over by the TPS in the past for drunk driving and given a drive home without charge, I wonder how much of what has transpired could have been avoided if he had been charged. TPS ain't looking too good right now.

Talk about a black-eye for any rehab place that takes him (if it gets out that he stayed there)
There is zero chance he gets and stays clean. All he will be is a cheque and a secret.

I don't think it would negatively affect a rehab place to take him. If they can dry him out, then great, he's probably their most famous success story. If not, then hey, they tried, they had good intentions but you can't dry out if don't want to dry out.

A lot of people genuinely want Ford to get clean. If not for the city, it's certainly the best thing for his children - it breaks my heart to think about the home life those kids have. Any rehab place has a vested interest in success - while the money rolls in for repeat clients, reputation goes a long way for these places, and if you can't succeed, then you'll shut down pretty quickly.

A rehab places that denies someone who is genuinely* seeking help would be seen as much worse than one that takes Ford.

*Note that I don't believe that Ford is genuine about seeking help and is just doing it so that he can play the victim card in the future if his opponents call him on his behaviour. "Look, I took a leave of absence, I went and got some professional help. What more do you want from me? This is all just a political witch hunt. They can't stand that I'm cutting back the culture of entitlement and cutting the gravy, so they're going personal. That's fine, they can go personal all they want, but I'm here to talk about saving money for taxpayers."

So, Doug is going to pretend like he had no idea Ford was still using? Are we supposed to believe that Kathy is closer to Rob than Doug?

I hope the media calls him on being an enabler and a horrible brother.

The Globe is reporting that Giroux will be investigating the latest video. No doubt Kathy won't appreciate the heat. Makes me wonder if he's going to rehab or running for his life. That woman is kind of scary.

OK so Kathy and Lisi were in on this, somehow, right? They were in the room with this dealer shooting video, highly unlikely he did it without their knowledge. So did they do this to share in profits from sale of the videos? Seems unlikely because they'd both be violating probation in such a high-profile way. So were they then working with the cops? I doubted it at first but the scenario seems so odd any other way. Opinions?

OK so Kathy and Lisi were in on this, somehow, right? They were in the room with this dealer shooting video, highly unlikely he did it without their knowledge. So did they do this to share in profits from sale of the videos? Seems unlikely because they'd both be violating probation in such a high-profile way. So were they then working with the cops? I doubted it at first but the scenario seems so odd any other way. Opinions?

The drug dealer would have to be a master of gadgetry to have filmed that without any of the 3 others noticing.

I am virtually certain that the voice heard at 1:45 saying "I'd rather that nobody spoke... speaks about politics" is that of Doug Ford (note the word-stumble, as well -- sounds like he's had a few "pops" too). Same voice heard again at various places; I think he's the one asking someone at 3:14, "What'd you smoke yesterday?" and "when did you last... smoke a joint?" At 4:01, "it's 9 o'clock at night"; at 4:19, "You know what? Robbie..." (possibly trying to stanch the flow of alcohol into the maw that roars).

Anyone else recognize the dulcet tones? Especially the nasal way he says "joint." I'm sure that's Dougie.

Passports aren't necessary for Ontarians with an enhanced DL to get into the US.

Perhaps ultimate plan is Mexico or points south.

I don't think it would be too difficult to surreptitiously record three drunk crackhead morons in a dim basement.

Yup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back