160     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 308     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people really think RoFo will get drunk / high then crash the funeral? He has some control, people. He'll go, be all sad and stuff, then after the funeral he'll get wasted.

Yup. Plus, Diane and (I'm going to assume) Renata will be there with Doug and his family. No dramas at the actual funeral.

In fact, I think he credited Flaherty with the original 'come-to-Jesus' moment, so it's entirely possible that his death will re-motivate Ford. I think this will be a rewind to November, meaning he will be on the straight and narrow for the next month or so before a new crop of videos showing Ford drunk/high emerge.

No surprise, Robbie has an addictive personality, among other things. He will find "crutches" to deal with different kinds of stress, and because of this he finds it hard to follow through with rigid, and/or long term agendas, he wants the quickest turn around, and instant gratification if he can get them.

Thanks Dr. Phil.

From @goldsbie. No comment necessary.

[video=youtube;JF9jsI8id7E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF9jsI8id7E[/video]

Wow. The Big Smoke has the talent to produce that (the humour is great; the dead-on portrayal of confusion and dismay is better) and at same time not only can't push the malevolent oaf off the stage immediately, but also cringes in fear of his reelection.

It's not at all fair, of course, for me to lump the Ford critics and Ford Nation into some sort of unitary but internally conflicted entity. In reality, obviously, there are bitterly opposed factions. But from the outside looking in, I have to ask myself, what the hell kind of place is Toronto? I used to think I had some idea.

Last edited:
fixed link -- http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/04/11/addressing_torontos_transit_deficit.html

maybe i missed that day in english class when they covered semicolons, but look at these two sentences from the article --
Until they heard that; listeners were all aboard. Once the spectre of Rob Ford was raised; they grew skeptical.
that's not right, is it? where are the copy editors at the star?

What in the world kind of self-respecting judge (even a retired one) has anything to DO with the Ford family, let alone DATE one?!?!

<Referencing earlier post that Diane Ford is dating Walter Gonet - I'm late to the party with this comment, i know, but...yeesh!>

What in the world kind of self-respecting judge (even a retired one) has anything to DO with the Ford family, let alone DATE one?!?!

<Referencing earlier post that Diane Ford is dating Walter Gonet - I'm late to the party with this comment, i know, but...yeesh!>

Michael Gonet and Rob Ford were friends in high school. The two families have been close for a very long time. Both have had their sorrows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back