335     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 444     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize this until I saw a commercial but there's a new Trailer Park Boys movie coming out next month and obviously Tarasco is in it so I guess we know why he showed up the other day. I presume it was beneath the 3 main guys to get involved but but sending a colleague to drum up some PR is fair game.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3244992/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

The title of the movie, and the idea Ford will now be linked with it...well, that speaks for itself. As always, Doug's campaign management skills just astound.

[video=youtube;EhLZ-lBNkr4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhLZ-lBNkr4[/video]

We only stopped for 4 days when Layton died. Perhaps I'm wrong, but somehow I don't think we're going to get the same reaction to this. Are there any chalk monuments in Nathan Phillip Square or Queens Park yet?

I'd be more curious to see whatever might be in downtown Whitby.

Perhaps so. If he could shed some weight and cut down on his drinking that would be a step in the right direction. I don't believe he uses tobacco? So that's a good thing.

He's only 44, so he should be able to get into decent shape, and it looks like he has a couple of trainers.

The gym at City Hall isn't bad either. ( Metro Hall has a better one, in my opinion. )

Given his other vices, I would be shocked if he doesn't smoke cigs.

I really wonder if the Flaherty family will have a private funeral (i.e. family only) to keep the circus away. If Ford shows up drunk/stoned it's going to be brutal. The media will be there regardless, and from all over the country because of Flaherty's connections with so many politicians. The Beach's Easter Egg parade was cancelled because of Ford (yeah, they say otherwise but...) and he's barred from the lounge at the ACC (yeah, they said it was because of a private function, but...) In light what happened at the Foggy Dew and the Worthington funeral, instead of telling him not to come, they might make it private. Does anyone know if he was close to Flaherty's wife and kids?

The weight *was* coming off, but to me it looks as though he's already put part of it back on, new suit be damned. I don't think Ford has the discipline. Has he ever been a normal weight?

No surprise, Robbie has an addictive personality, among other things. He will find "crutches" to deal with different kinds of stress, and because of this he finds it hard to follow through with rigid, and/or long term agendas, he wants the quickest turn around, and instant gratification if he can get them.

I doubt he has ever been a "normal" weight for these and other reasons.

This will be interesting. Another book.

smb ‏@smb6 1m

#RFMG sit in: finished last 1.5 hrs co-interviewed w @kacarleton by Cllr Filion who plans on writing a book, post-election, about Rob Ford

Do people really think RoFo will get drunk / high then crash the funeral? He has some control, people. He'll go, be all sad and stuff, then after the funeral he'll get wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back