157     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 303     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I wasn't expecting a quantifiable % from an autopsy, merely pointing out that Flaherty could very likely be yet another casualty of the Ford scandal. If he had passed from his rare skin disease, and I had written what I had, I'd agree with you that I would be fitting the result to fit my narrative. But given what we all know about stress and the heart, I think it is reasonable to question potential links.

*former cardiac nurse delurking*
He was on predisone for a medical condition at one point. That drug is known for the emotional effects it can have on a person, particularly long term. Depression and anxiety are very common. Which may explain his very emotional reaction to the whole crack thing. Prednisone also raises blood sugar levels, and long term can result in type 2 diabetes. I'd place WAY more on the weight of predisone having had some ill effect on his health than dumb and dumber.
*goes back to lurking*

Last edited:
*former cardiac nurse delurking*
He was on predisone for a medical condition at one point. That drug is known for the emotional effects it can have on a person, particularly long term. Depression and anxiety are very common. Which may explain his very emotional reaction to the whole crack thing. Prednisone also raises blood sugar levels, and long term can result in type 2 diabetes. I'd place WAY more on the weight of predisone having had some ill effect on his health than the dumb and dumber.
*goes back to lurking*

Thank you for posting.

The last funeral he was supposed to attend he ended up locked up for a couple of hours in the Foggy Dew staff toiled before emerging speaking gibberish.

I trust he will behave appropriately at the funeral - i.e. not giving out fridge magnets.

AoD

You have more trust than me. I think there's a feel like a 3-2-1 countdown around the impending Ford implosion on this one. Fridge magnets, inappropriate linking of Flaherty's death to lefties, vows to take over the mantle of Finance Minister... something stupid's going to happen.

"He was like a father to me." Bet on it.

That is the first thing that I thought of. According to Robyn Doolittle, RF apparently started drinking heavily and doing harder drugs after his father's passing. With all the stress and public scrutiny that RF is already under, this could tip him over the edge.

With what meaningful consequences to whom? (I don't disparage Ms. Leiper, whom I admire. It's just that nothing of significance seems to follow her reports [with the notable exception of the COI case].)

It depends on what you mean by "meaningful consequences." The breach was addressed, meaning the behaviour / offence was rectified. Ford had his City phone number and email address listed on his campaign website, for example. Both were removed the same day I wrote Leiper about the problem.

If you are looking for hard time as a "meaningful consequence" you will not be satisfied by the process.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back