News   Jul 16, 2024
 444     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: not campaigning on city property--

Thanks, TOBorn. So it's not illegal, just contrary to the Code of Conduct. I also note that "No member shall use the services of persons for election-related purposes during hours in which those persons receive any compensation from the City." I believe DoFo receives compensation as a councillor, yet is managing RoFo's campaign including event announcements at CH.

Time to write a letter to Janet Leiper. (Yeah, I know, "for all the good it will do.")

Early reports are Jim Flaherty died of a heart attack/cardiac arrest. Obviously the job of Finance Minister would be a great stressor in and of itself, but I can't help wondering what role the Ford scandal had on Mr Flaherty's heart-health. The Ford situation was clearly something that affected him enough to publicly cry, and to publicly tell Jason Kenney to f himself. For a seasoned politician, those outbursts were both very odd, and showed how he internalized public outrage over Ford's behaviour.

If Ford's unending train-wreck played a role in Flaherty's early passing, i expect absolutely no retrospection, remorse, or contrition from anyone in the Ford family for their role. It's not in their DNA.

Early reports are Jim Flaherty died of a heart attack/cardiac arrest. Obviously the job of Finance Minister would be a great stressor in and of itself, but I can't help wondering what role the Ford scandal had on Mr Flaherty's heart-health. The Ford situation was clearly something that affected him enough to publicly cry, and to publicly tell Jason Kenney to f himself. For a seasoned politician, those outbursts were both very odd, and showed how he internalized public outrage over Ford's behaviour.

If Ford's unending train-wreck played a role in Flaherty's early passing, i expect absolutely no retrospection, remorse, or contrition from anyone in the Ford family for their role. It's not in their DNA.

Yeah, I don't know that an autopsy will show what % is attributable to the Fords.
I wasn't a fan of Flaherty and, yes, clearly this will impact on Ford who actually looked up to him, but out of respect for the guy we shouldn't try to make his death fit our narrative on principle.

Yeah, I don't know that an autopsy will show what % is attributable to the Fords.
I wasn't a fan of Flaherty and, yes, clearly this will impact on Ford who actually looked up to him, but out of respect for the guy we shouldn't try to make his death fit our narrative on principle.

He wasn't my brand of politics but he spent a good portion of his career serving Ontario and Canada. To go so soon after leaving a career (or so soon in general) is sad.

I can't see the circus being a contributing factor. My father had underlying health issues and went the same way J.F did ("massive and sudden cardiac incident").

When it's your time... its your time.

Might not have been on the same team as myself but he had my respect.

Last edited:

Here here.

Awful. The idiot running Ford's twitter account misspelled Christine Elliott's name.

Mayor Rob Ford ‏@TOMayorFord 1m
Devastated to hear news of my friend Jim Flaherty passing. My prayers go out to Christine Elliot & family. The Ford family is heart broken

Yeah, I wasn't expecting a quantifiable % from an autopsy, merely pointing out that Flaherty could very likely be yet another casualty of the Ford scandal. If he had passed from his rare skin disease, and I had written what I had, I'd agree with you that I would be fitting the result to fit my narrative. But given what we all know about stress and the heart, I think it is reasonable to question potential links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back