News   Jul 16, 2024
 415     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ford's comments on Flaherty-

Flaherty was a good man who served well. It is absolutely not fitting that the press are giving RF any air time at all, Flaherty family friend or not. Ford has nothing useful to say at all, in general, and especially at this time.

... Err, why oh why is the press enabling RF so much? It's just stupid. And irritating. Rob Ford, just get lost.

Perhaps Ford uses the passing of a close family friend as a reason to gracefully withdraw from the race.

Nah. Far more likely he uses Flaherty's death as yet another opportunity for self-promotion. It's what he does.

It would be pretty funny if a drunken Ford causes a scene at Flaherty's funeral. "Yew was like a father to meeee!" [Attempts to kiss corpse, ends up knocking the coffin over and on top of himself.]

Wishful thinking time:

Perhaps Ford uses the passing of a close family friend as a reason to gracefully withdraw from the race.
Clearly Flaherty was a friend of the Ford family but will this news drive Rob to drink?

drink.jpg

Attachments

• drink.jpg
    drink.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 863
I trust he will behave appropriately at the funeral - i.e. not giving out fridge magnets.

AoD

One can hope. I've been to Flaherty's home church in Whitby - it's not huge and it's pretty much street parking with a municipal lot across the street. Hopefully, the family will opt for a private service with possibly some kind of memorial in Ottawa for Jim's friends from politics (although some will likely be invited to the Whitby service, too).

Didn't personally know Jim, I know I didn't agree with his politics, and he was/is responsible, with others, for causing pain to to me and others I know. That said, he was dealing with a shit load of personal challenges, and that I will not belittle. My wife and I wish the best for Jim's family, and that they find the strength to deal with his passing.

The consensus seems that this event was an accumulation of too many problems, including the Ford brothers' circus. I think the real physical influence in his death was taking steroids, they can cause quite a few side effects, not least of them is the chance of heart attack or stroke.

Look for Rob to go on a bender Saturday

You are an optimist my friend, if the family does not give him a special dispensation, then as soon as Robbie has a few stolen moments, especially alone, I think he will make previous (known) events pale in comparison.

Nah. Far more likely he uses Flaherty's death as yet another opportunity for self-promotion. It's what he does.

It would be pretty funny if a drunken Ford causes a scene at Flaherty's funeral. "Yew was like a father to meeee!" [Attempts to kiss corpse, ends up knocking the coffin over and on top of himself.]

I'm really hoping that this does not happen.

"I'm an athlete" Mayor Rob Ford says on why he loves cricket"
https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/454279213697495040/photo/1

FFS Not even worth commenting on.

No it isn't worth commenting on. He's been heavily involved in athletics for years, and is a huge sports fan. It's a fair comment.

There is so much valid complaints one can make about Ford. There's no reason to go here ...

Show some respect. Just because he's a wife-beating drug addicted pathological lying extortionist wannabe mobster isn't any reason to be discourteous about his body issues.

It appears the Ford family may have gone on a trip to Kansas City and not alerted local officials:
Same goes for you!

I guess this thread will have to declare a moratorium until after the Flaherty funeral.

Although it's not exactly a bereavement since they were not related.

I've never followed federal politics, but did it seem like J.F. had actually been attempting to distance himself a little bit from Rob and Doug?

I guess this thread will have to declare a moratorium until after the Flaherty funeral.

Although it's not exactly a bereavement since they were not related.

I've never followed federal politics, but did it seem like J.F. had actually been attempting to distance himself a little bit from Rob and Doug?

Jim was part of the Harris administration, and it's "complications" that effected Toronto for one.

IMHO I don't think we need a moratorium, just good sense, and tone down some aspects of our comments.

No it isn't worth commenting on. He's been heavily involved in athletics for years, and is a huge sports fan. It's a fair comment.

There is so much valid complaints one can make about Ford. There's no reason to go here ...

Show some respect. Just because he's a wife-beating drug addicted pathological lying extortionist wannabe mobster isn't any reason to be discourteous about his body issues.

Same goes for you!

I don't see what body issues have to do with this. An athlete by definition is someone who is proficient at sports, and unless you count trampling reporters and cameramen as a sport, he hasn't met that definition for decades.

We only stopped for 4 days when Layton died. Perhaps I'm wrong, but somehow I don't think we're going to get the same reaction to this. Are there any chalk monuments in Nathan Phillip Square or Queens Park yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back