228     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
well im predicting rob ford will go on a bender tonight to celebrate.

who is betting against me?
Who would be dumb enough to bet against that? Rob goes on a bender most nights.

Yep, if people really cared they'd assemble where Ford is holding his first big fundraiser and intimidate the fuck out of everyone going by recording their license plate # and taking their picture. Outing the moneyed interests that are supporting Rub and Tug Ford might make some of these asshats think twice.
And then Doug will burst outside channeling his inner Sonny Corleone, break someone's camera, and throw a few twenties on the ground.

Last edited:
I've done iOS development.

It would be impossible to record calls directly without jailbreaking. Apple would get quite the public lashing if an app could listen in on calls (calls made through the phone - not through a VoIP app)

If you jailbreak, you can do anything.

In my experience I've found this to be true, and seems to be true according to a few stackoverflow posts. With the exception of VOIP, and as mentioned in the quote, jailbreaking.

The easiest way to get a decent recording is to put the phone on speaker, and plug a male-to-male audio cable into a recording device, like a computer, or dictaphone, plus it's really easy, and can be done on many/most devices.

Circumstantial evidence is real evidence, and stands up in court on a regular basis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumstantial_evidence

From what we've seen in the ITO, I think the TPS has more than enough evidence to charge Ford. What I think is going on is that the Crown wants the "smoking gun" so that a conviction will be a slam dunk, in order to avoid the "politically motivated" "left-wing conspiracy" bullsh*t if Ford was tried and not convicted.

I also think the OPP backed off because of all the arrest "chatter", when in fact the TPS hasn't even gone to them yet with their complete case. Just my $0.02.

I think this sums it up. As I said earlier, there are people serving hard time with far less evidence against them. We have the extortion threats, and we have the money exchange. We have pretty much everything except for the 40 second call where Ford likely told him to do his bidding.

Finally, what is the likelihood that there was a middle man who handled the communications? Perhaps we have been focused so much on Ford and Lisi, that there is someone else who holds the key to this case...

The easiest way to get a decent recording is to put the phone on speaker, and plug a male-to-male audio cable into a recording device, like a computer, or dictaphone, plus it's really easy, and can be done on many/most devices.

Don't even need to put it on speaker. The iPhone automatically redirects audio out and audio in to a TRRS headset that's plugged into the jack. You could even manufacture a case that automatically starts recording whenever it hears audio, and has its own earpiece speaker/microphone built in. It would look just like any iPhone case, and to any observer your iPhone would look completely unmodified except for a somewhat bulky case. Heh, this is off-topic, but it's fun to think about.

Heh, this is off-topic, but it's fun to think about.

I don't think it's off-topic. Lisi was known for letting people know he was recording, right? Unless he was faking 'em out, which sounds appropriately douche-like Lisi behaviour. I think back to them snatching Anthony Smith's phone off him when he was shot, and I'm curious as to what they thought was on that device.
My android tablet is rooted, and I can record anything going through my sound-card on the desk-top, so I appreciate the speculation of folks more technically adept then me.

In my experience I've found this to be true, and seems to be true according to a few stackoverflow posts. With the exception of VOIP, and as mentioned in the quote, jailbreaking.

if you're going to go to that kind of effort, wouldn't it just be easier to have another iPhone and just record it onto that? having recorded band practice on my android, and then having had to convert them to be playable as mp3's on my computer, i'd rather not go through that kind of effort again if i only wanted an audio recording on my phone of a phone conversation i had with someone. then again, i'm lazy.

I don't think it's off-topic. Lisi was known for letting people know he was recording, right? Unless he was faking 'em out, which sounds appropriately douche-like Lisi behaviour. I think back to them snatching Anthony Smith's phone off him when he was shot, and I'm curious as to what they thought was on that device.
My android tablet is rooted, and I can record anything going through my sound-card on the desk-top, so I appreciate the speculation of folks more technically adept then me.

I don't think Lisi is technically competent enough to pull any of this off regardless of which device he was using. He would probably surreptitiously (thank god for spell check) enable a recording device, phone or otherwise, while having in-person meetings.

My designing an "entirely too expensive to bring to manufacture and illegal in many jurisdictions" device to record calls from an unmodified iPhone is tangential at best. But I am amused by it. I don't think such a thing exists, since the much simpler solution would be to buy an iPhone with an iOS version that can be jailbroken or use another smartphone where that isn't necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back