682     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 604     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 745     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford's drinking at the baseball game (there are photos on twitter). Odds he can have just one?

There stands the glass ...
That will ease all my pain ...
That will settle my brain ...
It's my first one to day ...
There stands the glass ...
That will hide all my tears ...
That will drown all my fears ...
Brother, I'm on my way. ... ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqpkSg_JuTg

At tonight's Jays game. I guess all that weight training is paying off--

Bka2-3SCUAAK_XA.jpg

Attachments

• Bka2-3SCUAAK_XA.jpg
    Bka2-3SCUAAK_XA.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 704
Last edited:
Mods, please feel free to delete or move if this is overstepping, but I feel it is a VERY important issue about something that was discussed a hundred or so pages back in the thread. It's about the right's belief about people in poverty having children. A very valid point that wasn't brought up is that sometimes people in poverty with kids do not start out there. And that in today's job market, almost any of us could end up there. So judge not, and all that. Jobs are lost, marriages break up, etc.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andre...-in_b_5082769.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

Mods, please feel free to delete or move if this is overstepping, but I feel it is a VERY important issue about something that was discussed a hundred or so pages back in the thread. It's about the right's belief about people in poverty having children. A very valid point that wasn't brought up is that sometimes people in poverty with kids do not start out there. And that in today's job market, almost any of us could end up there. So judge not, and all that. Jobs are lost, marriages break up, etc.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andre...-in_b_5082769.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

I <3 you. And it is relevant because when people like Rob Ford talk attack the programs that help these people get back out of poverty. The user fees for pools keep people who are poor out, and stop them from being able to have the same experience as kids from wealthier families. Libraries are sometimes the only access people who are in poverty have to the internet. Homeless shelters are a necessary last resort. The transfer of the vrt to metropass users impacts those who can't afford to have a car. Rob Ford and his ilk attack the programs that help people in poverty and then pretend that they stand up for those exact people with their populist bs.

Does anyone know who Ford is with at the game? Jerry went back to City Hall hours ago.

Since Rob has been cleared of any and all wrong-doing, I guess that means that drunk-driving is now officially back on the table. It looks like Jerry has not been Rob's driver at a few events recently.

This looks interesting:

pic.twitter.com/GGESKvi3NS

Odds are it is just his security detail but numerous people on twitter and instagram saying he was intoxicated.

The time of the original tweet was 6:17 p.m., before the game even started. This pic must be of him arriving. Of course, that doesn't preclude him getting loaded during the game, prompting the person to send out the tweet with a pic they had taken earlier.

I <3 you. And it is relevant because when people like Rob Ford talk attack the programs that help these people get back out of poverty. The user fees for pools keep people who are poor out, and stop them from being able to have the same experience as kids from wealthier families. Libraries are sometimes the only access people who are in poverty have to the internet. Homeless shelters are a necessary last resort. The transfer of the vrt to metropass users impacts those who can't afford to have a car. Rob Ford and his ilk attack the programs that help people in poverty and then pretend that they stand up for those exact people with their populist bs.

Thanks. :) Personally, I've been part of a family where we weren't wealthy but were doing okay, and then suddenly became a single parent where our standard of living took a hit, and every penny counted. I've never had to rely on social services, but getting to that point wouldn't have been much of a reach. Even for people in the midst of generational poverty...I can guarantee you that no one starts out believing that public assistance is the way they imagined living their lives. And for those that find themselves in this situation, those small, free programs can make all the difference. Criminality for the mayor is a HUGE issue, but his desire for service cuts should be enough of an issue on its own. There needs to be a way to educate vulnerable populations, to make them realize that a vote for Ford is a vote against themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back