News   Jul 16, 2024
 586     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 728     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm being realistic.

I think it's more realistic that people with jobs and reputations on the line are not going to let Ford get off scott free after they've devoted so much time and money to bringing him down. Even if the charges don't ultimately stick, I think eventually he will be charged, just so TPS can say they did their part, and the blame gets shifted to the courts.

When I was in a dispute with someone I installed an app that recorded all of my calls.

Was it an Android phone? There are a lot more call recording possibilities for Android phones as opposed to iPhones, AFAIK. I've seen Android apps that claim to be able to record calls directly (no speakerphone, VOIP or 3rd-party service necessary), whereas I've only seen homebrew/jailbreak apps for iPhone that can do the same.

I've done iOS development.

It would be impossible to record calls directly without jailbreaking. Apple would get quite the public lashing if an app could listen in on calls (calls made through the phone - not through a VoIP app)

If you jailbreak, you can do anything.

Last edited:
Ok, fair enough. Haven't used an iphone in a while. I edited my post to get a bit more to my point:

TA: My point being, the initial 40 second call is suspicious, and sets the trail, but the popo probably had no expectation they'd recover that. But what they might get,
is a recorded conversation in the park, near an escalade, with a phone set to record in Lisi's pocket along the lines of "Did you get it?" "I'm working on it" "Do what you gotta do, but get it"

Hmmm... If you go back to the ITO there is a part where Ford and Lisi meet at a soccer game and get into an argument, and Lisi pulls out his phone and shows something on it to Ford. I think in the ITO it implies that he was showing Ford a video. Could this have actually been a fight spurned by Ford asking Lisi if he was recording their conversation? Anyone care to go back and check the date on that?

My question is more on the line of why people don't care that that Rob Ford is actively advertising that city of Toronto tax dollars are subsidizing his fundraiser. For someone who "hates gravy" you'ld think this would be something you could attack him directly on. Whether or not it's legal, or whatever, if someone makes the attempt to have a reputation based on saving tax payers money than this screams the opposite and he should be called on it! I'm more than a little pissed off that my tax dollars are going to be used to pay people back $225/person of a $300 ticket for a fundraiser outside of the city. It's bs.

I saw that clip, was that you that did that? The rain at the end was a nice touch.

YouTube or it didn't happen.

Then again, maybe the FoFam have the cockroach gene?
Randy arrested 17 times (and still coming to America-WTF best Hotmail Lawyer in the world, indeed) Kath getting shot in the head/witness violent end to spouse/hanging with white supremacists.

I think you guys have "some real Tammany Hall shit" going on there. And it won't be short unless Robbie eats it. Well, not literally eats it, but figuratively.

What they had was a whole lot of circumstantial evidence, which of course does not stand up in court for a criminal charge. What it does do is provide enough evidence to justify doing an investigation and getting search warrants. That's why all this stuff was in ITOs, so they could search for real evidence.

Circumstantial evidence is real evidence, and stands up in court on a regular basis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumstantial_evidence

Circumstantial evidence is evidence that relies on an inference to connect it to a conclusion of fact—like a fingerprint at the scene of a crime. By contrast, direct evidence supports the truth of an assertion directly—i.e., without need for any additional evidence or inference.

On its own, it is the nature of circumstantial evidence for more than one explanation to still be possible. Inference from one piece of circumstantial evidence may not guarantee accuracy. Circumstantial evidence usually accumulates into a collection, so that the pieces then become corroborating evidence. Together, they may more strongly support one particular inference over another. An explanation involving circumstantial evidence becomes more valid as proof of a fact when the alternative explanations have been ruled out.

Circumstantial evidence allows a trier of fact to deduce a fact exists.[1] In criminal law, the inference is made by the trier of facts in order to support the truth of assertion (of guilt or absence of guilt).

Testimony can be direct evidence or it can be circumstantial. If the witness claims they saw the crime take place, this is considered direct evidence. For instance, a witness saying that the defendant stabbed the victim is direct evidence. By contrast, a witness who says that she saw the defendant enter a house, that she heard screaming, and that she saw the defendant leave with a bloody knife gives circumstantial evidence. It is the necessity for inference, and not the obviousness of a conclusion, that determines whether or not evidence is circumstantial.

Forensic evidence supplied by an expert witness is usually circumstantial evidence. A forensic scientist who testifies that ballistics proves the defendant’s firearm killed the victim provides circumstantial evidence from which the defendant’s guilt can be inferred. (Note that an inference of guilt could be incorrect if the person who actually fired the weapon was somebody else.)

On the other hand, the additional circumstantial evidence of the defendant's fingerprint on the trigger would dovetail with this piece to provide corroborating evidence.

Circumstantial evidence is especially important in civil and criminal cases where direct evidence is lacking.

From what we've seen in the ITO, I think the TPS has more than enough evidence to charge Ford. What I think is going on is that the Crown wants the "smoking gun" so that a conviction will be a slam dunk, in order to avoid the "politically motivated" "left-wing conspiracy" bullsh*t if Ford was tried and not convicted.

I also think the OPP backed off because of all the arrest "chatter", when in fact the TPS hasn't even gone to them yet with their complete case. Just my $0.02.

Last edited:
YouTube or it didn't happen.

Then again, maybe the FoFam have the cockroach gene?
Randy arrested 17 times (and still coming to America-WTF best Hotmail Lawyer in the world, indeed) Kath getting shot in the head/witness violent end to spouse/hanging with white supremacists.

I think you guys have "some real Tammany Hall shit" going on there. And it won't be short unless Robbie eats it. Well, not literally eats it, but figuratively.

YouTube has been sanitized.

Correction, found it. Here

Last edited:
I'm not really a big fan of the Guns N' Roses but that just gave me an idea for Rob N' Doug - Appetite for Destruction album cover photoshop / t-shirt
Mods please forgive me...it was by request!
appetite.jpg

Attachments

• appetite.jpg
    appetite.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,274
Now I don't view Ford Nation on YouTube, I download them using MacTubes, I grabed 2 segments last night, however, I check the channel and it has not been updated.

Is there something I'm missing?

Now I don't view Ford Nation on YouTube, I download them using MacTubes, I grabed 2 segments last night, however, I check the channel and it has not been updated.

Is there something I'm missing?

There is a new Ford Nation Rob & Doug show, a lot of Doug reading fan mail, folks. Oh and Rob breaks out a patois reprise. mostly meh.

The animation I linked to is old news for anyone that was here when it came out months ago.

well im predicting rob ford will go on a bender tonight to celebrate.

who is betting against me?
Who would be dumb enough to bet against that? Rob goes on a bender most nights.

Yep, if people really cared they'd assemble where Ford is holding his first big fundraiser and intimidate the fuck out of everyone going by recording their license plate # and taking their picture. Outing the moneyed interests that are supporting Rub and Tug Ford might make some of these asshats think twice.
And then Doug will burst outside channeling his inner Sonny Corleone, break someone's camera, and throw a few twenties on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back