421     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 517     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 643     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really tired of people considering D Ford something equivilent to Svengali when thinking Deco...He is a salesman with a title....My experience, dated as it maybe pointed to Randy Ford as the final decisionmaker...paraphasing here those I dealt with at Deco "Randy makes the final decisions" this after a question "Who do I talk to?"...

Keep in mind (esp. given his woozy-ish public appearances lately) that there may be an odd, unexplained cloud over present-day Randy, never mind his past record. (And at least a couple of sources, like JimmiT, have reported on him described as a "weirdo", whatever that means.)

Councillor Paul Ainslie tweeted a photo from the Garrison Ball. A photo of some stairs.
Bj7ePcTCIAAigpX.jpg

Last year Ford stumbled and almost tripped down these stairs.

Can't help thinking of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXfqraKehtE

Well, that's the thing about freemasonry that it doesn't discriminate among class or background....it's all loyalty nonetheless. Freemasons are at all levels of society...from judges, to mechanics (the one that I know of). So, rather than the protection being political, perhaps it's brotherly. Just a wild and out there thought.

Funny but true and coincidental: the only Freemasons I know of are judges, lawyers, automechanics and small-medium time thugs from Etobicoke.

Uh Oh

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 5h
.@mccainfoods is it true that you print a substantial volume of your packaging at DECO — belonging to the Ford family?

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 5h
.@mccainfoods consult your PR and address this please. Supporting the Ford family financially affects the community we all live in. #TOpoli

Lyn Artmont ‏@Lyn3333 2h
@MetroManTO I was told two weeks ago that McCain Foods cancelled their contract with Deco and others have followed.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 4m
.@Lyn3333 this is great news if true. Waiting for @mccainfoods to issue a statement clarifying whether they're doing business with the Fords

Is MM not concerned with being slapped with a lawsuit?

Is MM not concerned with being slapped with a lawsuit?

The Fords may threaten but the LAST thing they want is to go into court. As soon as DoFo or RoFo is on the stand their credibility can be questioned and that is a can of worms they cannot afford to open. There is no possibility that the Fords will actually sue anyone.

The Fords may threaten but the LAST thing they want is to go into court. As soon as DoFo or RoFo is on the stand their credibility can be questioned and that is a can of worms they cannot afford to open. There is no possibility that the Fords will actually sue anyone.

The last thing normal people want to do is go to court, but we aren't talking about normal people.
People erroneously believe that telling the truth will keep them from going to court but it's not that simple. If the Fords take issue with MM and his tweets, they could drag him through a long, expensive court case which could last years. Most libel cases (I'm told) don't make it to the court stage. They are settled beforehand because of the immense hassle, and cost. Slapp lawsuits are becoming more common as a technique to silence critics. Developers use them to shut down citizen environmental complaints because it's generally less expensive to scare the crap out of someone with a Statement of Claim than it is to let protesters carry on - potentially stopping a lucrative project.

Is it plausibly a problem with the Ministry of Correctional Services?

The Minister of Community Safety & Correctional Services oversees the OPP and in a more general sense all police in the province, there is a good chance that there will be some Ford 'friends' within 23 division that have at minimum been actively looking the other way, and the MacIntyre beating should have a few in correctional services in hot water, especially with recent Ontario Ombudsman investigations into several other prison beatings and MacIntyre's judge's closing statement. Having said that, I'm not sure there is enough political sway or otherwise influence within that ministry to hold up the arrest.
Follow the money.

The last thing normal people want to do is go to court, but we aren't talking about normal people.
People erroneously believe that telling the truth will keep them from going to court but it's not that simple. If the Fords take issue with MM and his tweets, they could drag him through a long, expensive court case which could last years. Most libel cases (I'm told) don't make it to the court stage. They are settled beforehand because of the immense hassle, and cost. Slapp lawsuits are becoming more common as a technique to silence critics. Developers use them to shut down citizen environmental complaints because it's generally less expensive to scare the crap out of someone with a Statement of Claim than it is to let protesters carry on - potentially stopping a lucrative project.

Well as someone who has received a C & D letter over slander accusations, the best thing to do is to ensure what you're saying is true and that you have proof. The really fun part is emailing said proof to the dumbass who sent it on their client's behalf. If so, you can safely ignore, as I did.

The Minister of Community Safety & Correctional Services oversees the OPP and in a more general sense all police in the province, there is a good chance that there will be some Ford 'friends' within 23 division that have at minimum been actively looking the other way, and the MacIntyre beating should have a few in correctional services in hot water, especially with recent Ontario Ombudsman investigations into several other prison beatings and MacIntyre's judge's closing statement. Having said that, I'm not sure there is enough political sway or otherwise influence within that ministry to hold up the arrest.
Follow the money.

Thank you. Quoted for justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back