532     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 548     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 680     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Toronto mayoral candidates finally play the crack card against Rob Ford?

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/toronto-mayoral-candidates-finally-play-crack-card-against-131536459.html

This is such BS. the idea that Ford will be able to duck anyone who brings up his crack use and alcoholism by saying that they are "personal issues", belonging to his "personal life", and that "he wasn't elected to be perfect" is unbelievable to me.

Are we really going to go through months of an election without the other candidates going straight at him over this?

Matt Lauer nailed his ass to the floor on this exact point starting at the 3:10 point in his interview:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/11/19/matt-lauer-rob-ford-video_n_4302633.html

ATTENTION Chow and Tory: Wake Up. The 3AM Phone Call is the answer.

We've all been dreaming about an arrest. But imagine what this city's political future would be like November 2014 if there are no charges forthcoming...

possible Ford win which will mean:
ongoing threats and intimidation (Doug has that glazed look, like he's thinking of things like cutting brake lines and stashing ammo already)
overt criminal activities increasing within the mayor's office (seen as untouchable)
our weak mayor system will be transformed into something very ugly...

We've all been dreaming about an arrest. But imagine what this city's political future would be like November 2014 if there are no charges forthcoming...

ongoing threats and intimidation (Doug has that glazed look, like he's thinking of things like cutting brake lines and stashing ammo already)
overt criminal activities increasing within the mayor's office (seen as untouchable)

I think it would just get uglier. He has done one thing really well and that is point out all the flaws in the system.

This link just takes one to a URL not found message. As you obviously are skilled at finding things on the City's sites, can you post another path to the opinion, please?

Yeah, I tried it, did the same thing...couldn't make it work
Try googling....muzik lease extension...scroll down to third item...should be....dtnnnum' (some swirly thing) _-Exhibition Place...click on it
That should hopefully get you there...

ATTENTION Chow and Tory: Wake Up. The 3AM Phone Call is the answer.

"The City of Toronto recognizes that some employees are required to be available for work at times other than their regularly scheduled work hours..."

"...employees where the nature of the business is emergency service (Fire and Ambulance)"

I believe leaders refer to it as, "Three o'clock in the morning courage."

( Which, IIRC was about the time that train - which passed through Toronto - blew up and burned in Megantic, Quebec. )

Toronto may not deserve a mayor who is perfect ( although "Tiny Perfect", David Crombie, did come very close ), but s/he should at least be sober.

Last edited:
Okay I realize twitter is not exactly gospel (especially around here!) but I'm following with interest the guy who is currently claiming that Rob Ford called city garbage crews to clean up his personal detritus during the ice storm.

Just too many potentially incriminating things lying around in there, huh Robbie?

If Ford gets in again.

First: [video=youtube;YBIOLRke41o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBIOLRke41o[/video]

Or this will happen:
[video=youtube;94KcI0gLq1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94KcI0gLq1A[/video]
With Ford Nation appearing as the zombies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back