523     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 547     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 678     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's the thing about freemasonry that it doesn't discriminate among class or background....it's all loyalty nonetheless. Freemasons are at all levels of society...from judges, to mechanics (the one that I know of). So, rather than the protection being political, perhaps it's brotherly. Just a wild and out there thought.

I think it's unlikely the Fords are Masons, one of the big elements for admittance as I understand it, is a faith in your God, doesn't actually matter which God or what flavour of faith, but faith non-the-less, there is little evidence for either of them attending any church with any regularity.

I think it's unlikely the Fords are Masons, one of the big elements for admittance as I understand it, is a faith in your God, doesn't actually matter which God or what flavour of faith, but faith non-the-less, there is little evidence for either of them attending any church with any regularity.

Agreed, but having faith with a higher power doesn't adhering to organized religion, as far as I know. Anyhow, I'm not saying the current Fords are, but perhaps the Sr, and maybe before that, if they were ever Masons. Just more speculation, I know, but my thought process came from hearing that they are being protected. So, if not the mainstream, mafia, organized crime, bikers...then maybe something else?

Did they? From what I understood, they don't care what you believe in, as long as you believe in a higher power.

You are right, Free Masonry has never promoted bias of any belief, however, it is a prerequisite so as to at least have a tome to swear allegiance to the order.

They worship at the feet of their late father. The almighty Doug Ford Senior.

Could you be a mason if you were a satanist? Or would that be considered a 'lower power'? :)

Also I thought anyone could enter (or be invited as the case may be) but to rise up to high degrees, you had to have connections and money etc.
But who knows, maybe the Fords were allowed to rise up the ranks because they killed someone's grandmother, to prove themselves, etc. :)

(We are now entering the speculative period of the night!)

Morality is also a tenet of the order, in that the individuals dogma must be observed.

Makes sense. Seems like it would compete with the absolute authority of Christianity.

There is always a possible problem with an orthodox church, however, don't confuse the North American Christian Churches with the one in Europe, for example. N.A. churches base their dogma on the Bible, as apposed to spirituality in European churches; the Vatican is also another matter.

Last edited:
Well, that's the thing about freemasonry that it doesn't discriminate among class or background....it's all loyalty nonetheless. Freemasons are at all levels of society...from judges, to mechanics (the one that I know of). So, rather than the protection being political, perhaps it's brotherly. Just a wild and out there thought.

Except that, historically, there were long-standing exclusions based on gender and religion. I have no time for organizations like freemasonry. To my way of thinking, they are just a polite-society version of street gangs.

Everyone should channel Ernie Kovacs. And often. Frequently too. Perhaps the greatest experimenter/absurdist ever allowed on the public airwaves. Followed closely by Rob Ford.

But Ernie Kovacs was a bleeding-edge genius! Ford is just ... bloody creepy. Comparing the two is like comparing the video you posted to this:

[video=youtube;Fd5c3Qtcr_w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd5c3Qtcr_w[/video]

No, the Fords are Rotarians. Different gang. Jets and Sharks. Crips and Bloods. Peanut Butter and Chocolate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back