News   Apr 25, 2024
 422     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything to do with alcohol.

"No employee shall purchase, have in their possession or consume alcoholic beverages while in uniform."

Been five years, but I still remember the S.O.P. :)

Well, it wasn't during working hours and unless you count Ford's suit as a uniform, he wasn't doing anything wrong. First time I saw him was before all this hit, second afterwards (that time in the parking lot of a coffee shop next to the liquor store, with driver).

I don't doubt that the mods are very active -- it's a pretty great thread. But I can't understand how I'm out of line when I simply offered a few crummy shoops in an apparently ill-advised attempt at humour, only to have Ed's Posse insinuate I'm a Doug Ford tool, work in a bizarre reference to Werner, call me an asshole and "son", then try to provoke me with some Internet Tough-Guy talk. Searchimg his posts I think Ed's Posse and I align pretty damn closely in terms of wishes for this city, and Infidels is a great album. People are just too keyed up waiting for a denouement, but I'm sure we'll all be hugging and singing when the arrest is made. Until then, I'll gladly bow out to not distract this thread any longer. Fine just lurking. Peace, out.

If I was out of line then I am sorry. It just seemed that your intro was overly aggressive, but perhaps it was just enthusiastic. And we don't know your humour. It could also be that people are edgy. Please don't just lurk. Add your voice. But perhaps stick to writing for the first little while. :) Your intent is very clear when you write.

BubbleBoy.jpg

Attachments

• BubbleBoy.jpg
    BubbleBoy.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 574
Back when Rob Ford was elected in Oct. 2010 a neighbour (who grew up in Etobicoke) told me that Doug Ford was a big drug dealer back in the 80's. A couple of years later the Globe and Mail came out with their 80's DoFo hash dealer expose. But that was Doug.....

Yeah I heard that about Doug from 2 unrelated people at the same time, as well. It is so widely known, it is funny that Doug would even deny it. But I guess that is their family's MO.

Well worth reading this Twitter feed.....
https://twitter.com/80sDougFord

Scrolled down through to Nov. 2013 and LMAO for hours.
Sometimes 'near' truths are said in jest. HaHa

If I was out of line then I am sorry. It just seemed that your intro was overly aggressive, but perhaps it was just enthusiastic. And we don't know your humour. It could also be that people are edgy. Please don't just lurk. Add your voice. But perhaps stick to writing for the first little while. :) Your intent is very clear when you write.

Although in my experience a sarcasm font would be handy! One solution I've seen is the use of "/s" like a shorthand HTML closing tag, in a few other corners of the intertubes.

AND kesingtoncat, protip for the capshun pics, keep it short and easy to read...
Robford Beeblebrox and ford prefect capshun.jpg

(and keep in mind not everyone will find it funny anyway)

Attachments

• Robford Beeblebrox and ford prefect capshun.jpg
    Robford Beeblebrox and ford prefect capshun.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 461
I very much agree. Hard to pinpoint exactly when he started looking so much worse, but I feel like it was post-Steak Queen in January. He looks like he's aged 10 years since December.

He looks like a friend of mine did, shortly before a heart attack. Puffy, pasty & blotchy skin color, tired. My friend is very overweight and was also suffering badly from sleep apnea.

Last edited:
Though at least they kept the presumably-original (50s-era) front yard tree, which tones down the aspect considerably.

In fact, re any "neighbourhood eyesore" qualities, Doug's house is less offensive in and of itself than all of those family SUVs up front--that kind of automotive visual polluTion is what anti-basement-apartment activists have been worked up about over the years, remember...
Salvaged the tree, I guess he's not a kitten strangling oaf after all.

As to being less of an eyesore that's damning by faint praise. Lower the standards enough and all the girls are variations of Miss Piggy, kinda like this campaign.

Last edited:
Police allege flurry of crack video calls

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/4437383-police-allege-flurry-of-crack-video-calls/

"Media reports about the existence of the video appearing to show Ford smoking crack cocaine were published late at night on May 16, 2013. The next day there were 50 separate communications about the video found in intercepts through a gang, weapons and drugs investigation known as Project Traveller and found through phone record production orders, police allege."

Back when Rob Ford was elected in Oct. 2010 a neighbour (who grew up in Etobicoke) told me that Doug Ford was a big drug dealer back in the 80's. A couple of years later the Globe and Mail came out with their 80's DoFo hash dealer expose. But that was Doug.....
That's it though. After the Globe published the story about Hash king Dougie the anecdotes came out of the woodwork. Until it's really public the truth about these clowns seems to stay at the local donut shop.

Secrets...they make the powerless feel powerful.

a friend of mine has been mentioning it for years, since before the election, that the ford brothers were well known drug dealers since they were in high school. he said it was pretty common knowledge amongst the kind of hard core party scene that some of his friends/co-workers/exes are in (and he used to be in, before he fell in wuv and got gay married). i generally regarded it as not likely to be true until may 2013. i probably owe him an apology for not believing him even if i never said so to his face...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back