Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
SteakQueenLateNight_large.jpg

Attachments

• SteakQueenLateNight_large.jpg
    SteakQueenLateNight_large.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 599
I have only just poked my nose in here, and I really won't get involved in a feud. I'm not trolling for Dougie or Rob, and can't wait for their thuggish escapades to end in arrest. I live in Kensington Market, and am pleased to introduce myself to y'all. I will try to adapt my humour to something more crowd-pleasing, or just give it up, so that we may be friends. I'm a huge fan of Werner Herzog.

I have only just poked my nose in here, and I really won't get involved in a feud. I'm not trolling for Dougie or Rob, and can't wait for their thuggish escapades to end in arrest. I live in Kensington Market, and am pleased to introduce myself to y'all. I will try to adapt my humour to something more crowd-pleasing, or just give it up, so that we may be friends. I'm a huge fan of Werner Herzog.
You think you have this.

[video=youtube;yDCjhLOaNZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDCjhLOaNZI[/video]

The truth is, you have nothing. So sad, son.

I am a big Herzog fan too!
However, KC this is a polite forum. People don't usuallty pick fights right from the get go. You are out of line.
Also, the mods are very active here.

I don't doubt that the mods are very active -- it's a pretty great thread. But I can't understand how I'm out of line when I simply offered a few crummy shoops in an apparently ill-advised attempt at humour, only to have Ed's Posse insinuate I'm a Doug Ford tool, work in a bizarre reference to Werner, call me an asshole and "son", then try to provoke me with some Internet Tough-Guy talk. Searchimg his posts I think Ed's Posse and I align pretty damn closely in terms of wishes for this city, and Infidels is a great album. People are just too keyed up waiting for a denouement, but I'm sure we'll all be hugging and singing when the arrest is made. Until then, I'll gladly bow out to not distract this thread any longer. Fine just lurking. Peace, out.
Herzog-anddoug.jpg

Attachments

• Herzog-anddoug.jpg
    Herzog-anddoug.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
Definitely agree with you on the fear aspect. I know someone who works in social services in the communities discussed downtown who says some residents privately confide that Ford's engaging in criminal conduct in their circles, but refuse to go to the press or police out of fear of consequences. The reasons given for silence are either that he's too wealthy and powerful for people not to believe him (even post-crack revelations), or the fear of violent recrimination. Scary stuff.

Re "the feat of violent recrimination": it'd almost take the inverse of a suicide bomber to come out with some big revelation. (Well, I guess Anthony Smith sorta qualified)

Ahh, Faux Tudor stucco and foam shitbox. Yeah, big difference. Though the illusions are kind of similar.

Hard to tone down the hyperbole for such tiny empire building.

Though at least they kept the presumably-original (50s-era) front yard tree, which tones down the aspect considerably.

In fact, re any "neighbourhood eyesore" qualities, Doug's house is less offensive in and of itself than all of those family SUVs up front--that kind of automotive visual polluTion is what anti-basement-apartment activists have been worked up about over the years, remember...

The stories of him being a drunk were widespread, the drugs not so much.

Back when Rob Ford was elected in Oct. 2010 a neighbour (who grew up in Etobicoke) told me that Doug Ford was a big drug dealer back in the 80's. A couple of years later the Globe and Mail came out with their 80's DoFo hash dealer expose. But that was Doug.....

Back when Rob Ford was elected in Oct. 2010 a neighbour (who grew up in Etobicoke) told me that Doug Ford was a big drug dealer back in the 80's. A couple of years later the Globe and Mail came out with their 80's DoFo hash dealer expose. But that was Doug.....

Yeah I heard that about Doug from 2 unrelated people at the same time, as well. It is so widely known, it is funny that Doug would even deny it. But I guess that is their family's MO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back