News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 639     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat · 50m
"He's going to go out there and differentiate himself" Doug Ford on what Mayor Rob Ford will do in the debate tonight #TOpoli

that won't be hard

rob_ford_gestures.jpg

Attachments

• rob_ford_gestures.jpg
    rob_ford_gestures.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 410
Metroman tweeted OPP have been brought in for final oversight 2 min ago.

https://twitter.com/MetroManTO

He was explaining to someone the role of the OPP in this investigation, just in case you thought he was calling this in real time or something.

BUT, it also lends credence to the idea that the OPP commish knows jack about the investigation, which he basically said himself.

Oh, OK, I thought he meant they were going through the file to give the city cops the ok to arrest him.

That was part of a conversation:

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 58m
Rumors of Rob Ford's imminent arrest are spreading around TPS.

Lin Gibson ‏@artoftheedit 9m
@MetroManTO When the investigation was turned over to the OPP I thought it was an indication it went beyond TPS & would take longer. Not so?

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 8m
@artoftheedit OPP brought in for final oversight.

11:29 AM - 26 Mar 2014 · Details
Chris Stoneburg ‏@whitexdiamond 4m
@MetroManTO @artoftheedit final approval from OPP instead of Blair = better optics, deflates ford conspiracy balloon.

Lin Gibson ‏@artoftheedit 3m
@MetroManTO So to your knowledge it didn't indicate that the "activities" were not confined to Toronto? Even possibly outside Canada?

That isn't new info: it was a reply clarifying that case was not turned over to OPP a few weeks ago, but that they were given oversight role.

See the original tweet, ongoing convo, and that reply in context here: https://twitter.com/MetroManTO/status/448876833014943744

(When in doubt about a tweet, click on its timestamp in the upper right and try to look at it in context.)

Chatter may be up, arrest may be "imminent", but as much as I respect MetroMan's inside tips, I'm waiting and seeing.

Thanks and thanks for not jumping on me, I rarely look at twitter (don't use it) so following stuff isn't straightforward for me.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO · 45s
@ryanghinds to be clear nobody told me "we'll arrest Ford at 6pm, hook him with a cane and pull him offstage".

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO · 3m
Chatter similar to when Blair announced they had the tape. Non traditional sources aware of intel previously only known to Brazen 2 team.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO · 45s
@ryanghinds to be clear nobody told me "we'll arrest Ford at 6pm, hook him with a cane and pull him offstage".

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO · 3m
Chatter similar to when Blair announced they had the tape. Non traditional sources aware of intel previously only known to Brazen 2 team.

anyone recall how long it was between "chatter" of tape and actual announcement?

Thanks and thanks for not jumping on me, I rarely look at twitter (don't use it) so following stuff isn't straightforward for me.

OMG MY GOD YOU DON'T FOLLOW TWITTER HOW CAN YOU CALL YOURSELF AN INFORMED PERSON?!?

Heh. This is why I usually answer at (tedious) length about it here. It is confusing when you're new to it.

My daughter's on twitter and I promised, just like facebook, that a 23 year old deserves some online privacy from her dear old Dad.

Do you realize how many bad judgement calls, Tory has had? The man also has a history of flip-flopping when those bad decisions come back to haunt him. It takes him forever to just make a decision, he's so afraid of losing votes. What has he accomplished on his own, without his daddy's help? The man, like Ford, was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. His whole career has been all about his family connections. It's sad that people think a 3 time loser, who is paralyzed by making decisions, is the best choice of leader, in this province. Tory is not a leader! All it took was a fake call in comment to his show, to scare him from running against Ford, in the last election. So of course, he hires the sleaze-ball responsible for that scam. (Ford's campaign manager, last election) What does that say about Tory? Yeah, he's better than Ford but that ain't saying much.

Nope, this doesn't look good for Tory at all.
Did I give the impression here that Tory was my man?
Easy...like I said, "open minded"...gathering information...have until October....and then I also included 4 of the other candidate names. All of this is a part of fact finding, as opposed to "oh I voted for Ford last time cuz my husband told me to" as recently heard by one of our citizens

It would be great if RoFo went to the washroom after the debate, and was sitting on the toilet doing his lines, or smoking his stuff, or whatever else he does for an hour in the john, and the cops bust the door down! Perp walk, cuffed and shuffling, with pants down around his ankles. :D

Or disappeared in the middle of the debate, or somehow never made it to the debate at all ...

Is there a way to tell whose iPhone the video files were originally recorded on? Also is there a way cops could recover the missing video file without the phone?

Definitely. There will be metadata in the file that would be able to pinpoint the exact device that recorded it. The only way they could recover it without the phone is if the phone was set to automatically upload photos/video to a server (icloud/dropbox etc) or if someone copied a file to a computer/external hard drive.

The people on the organizing committee committee of the Garrison Ball make me a little ill. After TheStar published the Garrison story last year the committe (most of them) scrambled like rats to deny anything ever happened regarding Ford. Ainslee and TheStar are left swinging in the wind while the Ford camp spewed their bile and conspiracy theories.

Now this year the same organizing committee deliberately declines to invite Ford and specifically releases a statement essentially saying "He's not getting in even if he shows up". We all know what that means.

It's just another example of people enabling this ridiculous circus-show of a Mayor.

Yes, and also useful occasion to note how wonderful it is to have folks like Nfitz (and me, but I'm not as good) remind other UT posters of their pre-crack hesitation to call Ford out for the subhuman scum that he is. What has the world come to if we can't rub people's noses in their own filth?

Is there a way to tell whose iPhone the video files were originally recorded on? Also is there a way cops could recover the missing video file without the phone?

If the metadata was retained in the file then the phone's model number, software version etc... (but not serial number) will be there. However, metadata can be easily faked so you need a high degree of confidence that it's untampererd.

http://www.csitech.co.uk/ivmeta-iphone-metadata/

If the metadata was erased or can't be trusted, you can try to use the phone's image sensor - which will leave a distinctive "fingerprint" in the file based on dead pixels etc... If the original phone or other files are available for comparison you may be able to assign a degree of confidence that it was the device used.

If the phone isn't available you'd need to have had the video file backed up to iCloud, synced with a computer or emailed to someone else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back