4.2K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can buy that it might go down by week's end though. Aren't we potentially getting more ITO stuff on Friday? Hasn't Jimmi T said TPS has timed stuff to coincide with that kind of thing before?

I can well imagine the release of ITO material might be motivating the police to act now, before more of their evidence ends up in the public eye. That said — and with all due respect to JimmiT and MM — I'm not confident that anything is imminent. I mean, I want them to be right, but I don't want to get my hopes up, only to see them dashed. It's an emotional thing. (FWIW, I also bet friends back in May that the crack vid would never surface. I'm very happy to have lost. I hope I'm wrong this time, too.)

Is there a way to tell whose iPhone the video files were originally recorded on?

I don't think so. See my earlier post on this topic for more detail.

Disclaimer: I'm a fairly technical sort of person, but not an expert specifically on this stuff, so I was just going on what I read in the QuickTime (Apple .mov video file) specification document and on the site which I referenced (which everyone has since posted to this thread).

Also is there a way cops could recover the missing video file without the phone?

What missing video? Without knowing which one you mean, I'm not sure how to answer this.

However, consider that with appropriate iCloud backup options set, you could grind an iPhone into dust, and still recover photos/videos/whatever from iCloud... with a warrant. Which TPS got.

Last edited:
Was that a version of the "20 Minute Workout"?

Ha!

OK, I've got my list for the cyber drinking game, but only have input from me, ROFOMOFO and cmotors. If anyone wants to add to "Rob Ford's Go-To Sayings" which will crop up in tonight's debate, I'll be keeping track and will let you know who got the cyber-drunkest :)

From the ITO - the police believe (based on numbered file names) that video 313 is missing. The crack video was 312 and I believe they have 314, 315 and 316.

If it was deleted after say 314 was created, the space on the disk may have been overwritten by 315, 316 etc...as well as anything else stored after that. Meaning it may not be recoverable as a deleted file any longer.

I just read that The Star's Royson James is one of the panelists for tonight's debate. Wonder if Rob will even bother to respond to him given that he's employed by The Star? and could he get away with that in a debate?

On Siads laptop based on file numbers there was a missing file between the crack video and Siad bragging. It's suspected to show something significant to the Ford case.

If they pulled the platters on that hard drive they will be able to recover just about anything...

From the ITO - the police believe (based on numbered file names) that video 313 is missing. The crack video was 312 and I believe they have 314, 315 and 316.

Oh. Ohhh. Thanks.

I think there's already been enough speculation about how possible that might be (or not) so I won't add my 2¢.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back