News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 615     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 80 minutes.

However, the description of the 10gb is pretty vague. Is it just audio/video related to his work activities, or total storage on the iPhone? Regular iPhone use takes up a ton of drive space - the Facebook app can hit half a gig or more, a few hundred songs can tie up another gig or two and even sms/mms/imessages can total a few gigs if he sends/receives a lot of pictures. Could easily be 9gb of innocent activity and a few minutes of bad stuff.

They only had access to stuff stored on the cloud (iCloud) and not on the phone itself. What gets sent there depends on the user's settings, but these are the defaults:

- Purchased history for music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books

- Your iCloud backup includes information about the content you have purchased, but not the purchased content itself. When you restore from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. Automatic downloading is based on iTunes in the Cloud availability by country, and previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the store.

- Photos and videos in your Camera Roll

- Device settings

- App data

- Home screen and app organization

- iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages

- Ringtones

- Visual Voicemail

80 minutes of video. Although there's likely a bunch of audio in there too, which takes up far less space.

Most smart phones are set on a space-saving setting and few people really change it. I can store a lot of video on my phone if I use the standard setting. Most people don't even know about digital compression or what it does to degrade audio/video files so they never see the need to chew up all their space with large files. Even if Lisi listens to a lot of mp3's at 192kbps or aacs files at 256 kbps, 10 gigs is more space than most people will use. It's unlikely he keeps many text messages, that would be extremely foolish for a drug dealer. He has plenty of room for all sorts of digital data and even better, lots of room for a lot of "deleted" digital data.

Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it Ford! lol

Even if he deletes text messages they aren't deleted until written over, depending on the phones capacity that could mean a lot of texts he thought deleted aren't.

From the CBC:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-widening-crack-video-investigation-1.2584692

On May 16 and 18, 2013, Lisi attempted to obtain a "digital video recording or recordings" and a missing cellphone by means of "threats, accusations, menaces or violence" from Dixon Road gang member Liban Siyad.

On April 20, 2013, Lisi attempted to negotiate the return of Ford's missing cell phone by offering Siyad marijuana. He also threatened to "heat up Dixon" with a police presence.

Guys, Don Peat already said it was 10 GBs worth of "audio and video files."
As our fellow Toronto native would say...

keanu1_.gif

Even if he deletes text messages they aren't deleted until written over, depending on the phones capacity that could mean a lot of texts he thought deleted aren't.

I don't know how Icloud is set up, whether it's got a set amount of dedicated memory and space for each client like a partition (this is not my area of expertise) but it might also be possible to retrieve data from the server as well as the phone if it does not compromise anyone else's account. Any server tech's here? I know with Gmail, you can retrieve all sorts of stuff that you "deleted" and some people might not understand that this is possible with other companies as well.

In terms of audio files… that could be literally hundreds of hours of voice recordings. The "voice memo" app stores files in a highly compressed format.

DISCLAIMER: I am not Daniel Dale. Nor do I have a vested interest in Mr. Dale or his employer, the Toronto Star. ;)

But I freaking love the guy. Doesn't miss a trick. Great insight, great writing style, and he is really finding his mojo and asking Ford some tough questions. Asking them smartly, too, not pugnaciously or rudely. I laughed when I read about this oncident on twitter (not a polite ladylike laugh, either )
Part of Dale's confidence is no doubt related to him standing up to their idle threats vis a vis the lawsuit and making Ford admit defeat. Dale has a better insight than most of the press about who he's up against.

From the Globe and Mail:

"Toronto police are looking for text messages, photos, video and audio recordings made on Feb. 17, 2013 – the day police believe the Ford video was filmed – as well as communication sent afterward. Police are zeroing in on Mr. Lisi’s communication with the mayor, siblings Fabio and Elena Basso and two of the mayor’s former staff members, David Price and Tom Beyer."

I wonder if this is the reason Tom Beyer finally left CH?

I don't know how Icloud is set up, whether it's got a set amount of dedicated memory and space for each client like a partition (this is not my area of expertise) but it might also be possible to retrieve data from the server as well as the phone if it does not compromise anyone else's account. Any server tech's here? I know with Gmail, you can retrieve all sorts of stuff that you "deleted" and some people might not understand that this is possible with other companies as well.
It's not in a physical location like a personal computer or even a server. It's distributed with encryption and can be reassembled from multiple locations.

It's a bit like bit torrent IIRC. By all means if anyone has more expertise please correct me.

It is possible that the Lisi tapes may uncover evidence regarding other crimes. Who knows, maybe Ford said things to Lisi about being involved in Smith's murder or other crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back