News   Jul 09, 2024
 865     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 80 minutes.

However, the description of the 10gb is pretty vague. Is it just audio/video related to his work activities, or total storage on the iPhone? Regular iPhone use takes up a ton of drive space - the Facebook app can hit half a gig or more, a few hundred songs can tie up another gig or two and even sms/mms/imessages can total a few gigs if he sends/receives a lot of pictures. Could easily be 9gb of innocent activity and a few minutes of bad stuff.

Each text message is 140 bytes therefore 7.67 million text messages per gigabyte.

Well, to be truly gansta wouldn't he have to get those hubcaps that have a 'floating' mount so that don't revolve when the wheels are in motion? (Doug: Yeah, f*ckin' classy!)

Very true.

The SUV is probably a Deco lease and he has a Deco credit card for gas. IF CRA ever audits Deco on this it would not be pretty, and it would be probably up to someone else to come up with a story for what Deco work RoFo is doing with the vehicle, or not write it off. As for Rob having a strategy about not using a company car, it is probably pigheadedness about being told what to do, as mentioned above.

The SUV is a Deco lease, Dougie related that fact long ago. And the credit card is for expenses of a wink-wink nonexistent job. The question we are dancing around is does Robbie own part of the business, and therefore has not divested himself that ownership after being elected mayor.

Come to think of it, since the card and SUV, on lease, are from Deco, and Deco being a business, it seems to me to be an ongoing political contribution.

What always gets me is the "royal we" when in comes to Deco. The work for Deco is all advertisement... business cards, magnets, blurbs.

I'm sorry and I wish I was wrong but based on the Sun Brazen II synopsis and the wording on the Lisi warrant, the cops have a hill of shit. The mayor is bad and hangs out with bad people? What the hell is that?

What about the extortion?

ddale8 5:04pm via Web
On CP24, Rob Ford lawyer Dennis Morris says Ford's refusal to meet with police is "similar to Kevin Donovan, Robyn Doolittle."

The Star (Dale) says, "The time frame is roughly one month, leading up to the day the Star and Gawker publicized the video’s existence on May 17, and a day after that." Sounds like the cops have already narrowed it down quite a bit; they'd be looking only for audio/video/sms during that month, not games and hockey stats apps. If Lisi was secretly recording voice & video for future blackmail, favours, or protection, he probably wasn't posting a lot of it on Facebook. (Does he even have a Facebook page? I've never seen one mentioned. Can't check for myself -- I don't believe in giving corporations the right to data-mine my life ;-)

Now that's a camping slogan!

reporterdonpeat 5:04pm via Web
"We all have the right to remain silent" Mayor Rob Ford's lawyer Dennis Morris on @CP24

Hill of shit? I doubt it.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 53s
From docs: Investigators stress Project Brazen 2 is ongoing #TOpoli #RobFord pic.twitter.com/33SB8sctt0

"I am concerned about the release of any information that may compromise these ongoing investigations."

Listen, I don't mean to be skeptical, but it doesn't exactly sound like Lisi's phone content was a slam dunk. Looks more like a fishing trip.

Each text message is 140 bytes therefore 7.67 million text messages per gigabyte.

That's true for someone who only uses sms, but mms and imessages can be very memory-hungry. Unless you delete the thread or message, the iPhone Messages app keeps everything including attached images and video. If you save an image to your pictures app the copy still stays in Messages. I've cleaned up iPhones where the Messages file went back four years and was over 3gb in size.

You're thinking of the crack video. The kush exchange was for Rob Ford's phone on April 20th when he lost it.

Or more aptly when one of the Somali's lifted it while he was zonked.

I'll say this again, I think the reason we have seen no real campaign or fundraising with Rub and Tug is they know deep0 down they are toast and rather than piss off people taking money that will be wasted have decided to just let the whole sorry spectacle play out till he's charged.

That's true for someone who only uses sms, but mms and imessages can be very memory-hungry. Unless you delete the thread or message, the iPhone Messages app keeps everything including attached images and video. If you save an image to your pictures app the copy still stays in Messages. I've cleaned up iPhones were the Messages file went back four years and was over 3gb in size.

I think Lisi's misunderstanding of technology and who actually owns it when it is in use on a device could be the undoing of a lot of people...

Is Dale the only one asking these types of questions? He always tweets out when someone, be it Ford, Stintz or anyone else, is doing something wrong or has made a mistake of some kind.

DISCLAIMER: I am not Daniel Dale. Nor do I have a vested interest in Mr. Dale or his employer, the Toronto Star. ;)

But I freaking love the guy. Doesn't miss a trick. Great insight, great writing style, and he is really finding his mojo and asking Ford some tough questions. Asking them smartly, too, not pugnaciously or rudely. I laughed when I read about this oncident on twitter (not a polite ladylike laugh, either )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back