News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
reporterdonpeat 11:54am via Twitter for BlackBerry®
No sign of Mayor Rob Ford at City Hall yet today. He is rumoured to be coming to the office around 2 p.m.

That sign (which said "Honk for Hudak" during the last provincial election) is a grey area. First-party signs are usually permitted adjacent to 400-series highways, with certain restrictions - say an IKEA store having an IKEA sign next to the highway. Third-party billboards are not.

Since it's owned by the owner of the property, and isn't a third-party billboard, it's questionable.

Last edited:
I doubt it would be necessary to have her at trial if all she did was quote what McIntyre said to her and he confirms it was accurate. I would like to be a fly on the wall if she is involved in the discovery process, though. Watching the non-verbal interplay between her and Rob Ford would be quite interesting.

1. She is not a party, and so would not be part of discovery, absent the extremely unlikely possibility of the court making an order for discovery of a non-party.

2. It is not at all the norm for one party to attend the discovery of another party, much less to attend the extraordinary discovery of a non-party (which, again, is rarely ordered).

As MetroMan has pointed out in the past: Ford's friendship with Lisi appears to have suddenly blossomed in January 2012. Scott MacIntyre went to prison in - you guessed it - January 2012.

Yup, and the occasion that got him tossed in jail, was when he was looking for drug money owed to him by the Fords (IMO)

15ebuj8.jpg

Hello! I come to the party bearing gifts.
I'm just going to leave this here for everyone.

Attachments

• 15ebuj8.jpg
    15ebuj8.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 495
And won't Ford's prior comments about the video be admissible? "I was wasted, I don't remember, I don't know who I was talking about?"

You can be sure that he will be asked about all of that on discovery. (He is compelled to submit to questions under oath on discovery.) Then, if he does not take the stand at a trial (as a defendant he cannot be compelled to testify at trial), his answers on discovery could be read into the record in relation to the question of whether his Hulk Hogan story is credible.

However, as already noted, if it can be shown that the rant occurred after the jailhouse assault, then the credibility of the Hulk Hogan story will be irrelevant, given that one of the few coherent elements of the rant is that it appears to be about something that supposedly was going to happen at some time in the future, not something that supposedly had happened at some time in the past.

Last edited:
However, as already noted, if it can be shown that the rant occurred after the jailhouse assualt, then the credibility of the Hulk Hogan story will be irrelevant, given that one of the few coherent elements of the rant is that it appears to be about something that supposedly was going to happen at some time in the future, not something that supposedly had happened at some time in the past.

But wasn't what was being suggested that the Hulk Hogan connection will be used to establish the timing (the video is a second-generation recording, so it won't have any useful markers)? And if that's true, won't the credibility of the claim be tested?

Last edited:
If you look at the photos/videos of the incident, everyone except for one (other than Ford) is showing concern for what happened. That person is Hotmail lawyer. He's grinning ear to ear. That begs the question. euler, are you Hotmail lawyer? (not a serious question)

Was Hotmail Lawyer there that day when Ford knocked down McConnell? I thought it was Rust-D'Eye in the chamber with Ford that day. Rust-D'Eye was the civil lawyer he'd retained when he was threatening to sue... all of Council (I think? so many threats, hard to keep them straight).

Last edited:
Was Hotmail Lawyer there that day when Ford knocked down McConnell? I thought it was Rust-D'Eye in the chamber with Ford that day. Rust-D'Eye was the civil lawyer he'd retained when he was threatening to sue... all of Council (I think? so many threats, hard to keep them straight).

Yes Hotmail was definitely there that day. I remember the scene exactly as dforthandbview described it, down to only Rob and Hotmail being unconcerned about the run in. Maybe he was just slow on the uptake, I don't know.

As MetroMan has pointed out in the past: Ford's friendship with Lisi appears to have suddenly blossomed in January 2012. Scott MacIntyre went to prison in - you guessed it - January 2012.

This came out in Jan 2012 from a dedicated anti-fordist blog: http://fuckrobford.blogspot.ca/2012/01/rob-fords-crack-dealer-arrested.html

"Rob Ford's crack cocaine dealer, Scott MacIntyre has been charged with two counts of threatening death, forcible entry and possession of heroin and cocaine....Meanwhile Rob Ford needs to find a new crack cocaine dealer."

This came out in Jan 2012 from a dedicated anti-fordist blog: http://fuckrobford.blogspot.ca/2012/01/rob-fords-crack-dealer-arrested.html

"Rob Ford's crack cocaine dealer, Scott MacIntyre has been charged with two counts of threatening death, forcible entry and possession of heroin and cocaine....Meanwhile Rob Ford needs to find a new crack cocaine dealer."

If you believe the date wasn't altered after the fact, that is pretty damning that someone would make such an accusation before it became public knowledge. Also, that comment on the other blog pre-crackgate that was talking about Ford smoking crack at the Basso house.

Seems a lot of people were in the know.

Wouldn't the second hand tape be date recorded? Not that it wouldn't help the Ford defense but could vindicate the McIntyre suit if say the date is several (6 to 8) months prior to the "August charity event"

You're right; however, it's really pretty easy to modify metadata in a video so I don't think this would have any bearing on the case. Any half-decent lawyer (with appropriate technical knowledge) could presumably rip to shreds any argument (from either side) which relied on information contained in the meta-data of any video which was not corroborated in some way.

If you believe the date wasn't altered after the fact, that is pretty damning that someone would make such an accusation before it became public knowledge. Also, that comment on the other blog pre-crackgate that was talking about Ford smoking crack at the Basso house.

Seems a lot of people were in the know.

I remember seeing this quite a while ago (perhaps not Jan 2012) but it's certainly not a recent creation / date edit. I'm fairly sure I saw this site before the crack story broke (April 2013), although I wouldn't swear to that in court (haha). I just assumed it was made-up. Looking back, that seems naïve, but at the time I just thought Ford was a useless blowhard who got aggressive when he drank (hey, that's still true!)

Last edited:

He was there, and he was loving it.
hotmail lawyer loves it.JPG

Attachments

• hotmail lawyer loves it.JPG
    hotmail lawyer loves it.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 641
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back