1.1K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently cops got some great stuff from Lisi's phone and iCloud.
I wonder how much of it is confirmation of what we already suspect, and how much of it is mind-blowingly awful totally new stuff...?

Like many of us, they also have kids and some of them go away on March Break. So, they'll wait until next week. I also think that, like with Sandro's extortion arrest, they'll time this one with the release of the next ITO for dramatic effect. That should be the 19th or 20th.
As silly as this sounds at first glance, I can believe it. It's not like Ford is running round town with a tommy gun taking out citizens(?), so there's no immediate rush: the arrest will be carefully planned, rather than a reaction to a sudden event like it is on TV shows.

The day Ford is put in cuffs - and the aftermath - will surely be a busy time for the police, and they'll want all hands on deck when this goes down.

Apparently cops got some great stuff from Lisi's phone and iCloud. But, like many of us, they also have kids and some of them go away on March Break. So, they'll wait until next week. I also think that, like with Sandro's extortion arrest, they'll time this one with the release of the next ITO for dramatic effect. That should be the 19th or 20th.

Also perhaps harder to arrest people when they've gone away on vacation ...

Today is the day that I chose for the pool. I'm not at all optimistic that anything will come up today - it's just that I have a bit of other news coming and I was hoping the confluence of the two would render them both good news. Magical thinking, I guess.

Thanks Basic for all your hard work!

Because so many people mentioned The Wire when talking about the Ford saga, I started to watch it. Almost done the first series. It is soooooooooooo good! And I can see the similarities between the stories. I just hope that this sordid tale gets as good writers/directors/editors/actors as that show.

Thanks Basic for all your hard work!

Because so many people mentioned The Wire when talking about the Ford saga, I started to watch it. Almost done the first series. It is soooooooooooo good! And I can see the similarities between the stories. I just hope that this sordid tale gets as good writers/directors/editors/actors as that show.

Yeah it's ridiculously addictive, but some of the seasons are less interesting than others.

Everyone should watch The Wire.

Apparently cops got some great stuff from Lisi's phone and iCloud. But, like many of us, they also have kids and some of them go away on March Break. So, they'll wait until next week. I also think that, like with Sandro's extortion arrest, they'll time this one with the release of the next ITO for dramatic effect. That should be the 19th or 20th.

I'm in Florida on vacation that week! Please let it be this week! :p

Yeah it's ridiculously addictive, but some of the seasons are less interesting than others.

Everyone should watch The Wire.

I've always thought this epic should be done as a 13 episode series, mostly surrounding the Dixon towers and the bigger issues facing the Somali community there, the police investigating Project Traveller. Spool out the mayoral angle as one aspect of it, and the attendant investigation.

I've always thought this epic should be done as a 13 episode series, mostly surrounding the Dixon towers and the bigger issues facing the Somali community there, the police investigating Project Traveller. Spool out the mayoral angle as one aspect of it, and the attendant investigation.

who's the protagonist? who will the audience identify with, primarily? the reporter, the dealer, the mayor, or the detective? or would this be presented from the perspective of the community members?

Or like that movie Vantage Point that tells the same story three or four times but from a different perspective each time--the mayor's, media's, the cops' and the Somali community's.

Nice. I think the order would be important: you could start with the Somali community, then move to the media, the cops and end with the Mayor raging as he is cuffed...

...or have the Mayor second as he goes to get his fix, then move to media, then end with the cops.

So long as it ends with an arrest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back