105     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 757     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 7.5K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe he resigned because he knows what is on Lisi's phone, and he is bailing since he knows the ship is going down.

I'd have to disagree with you here.
background: I like Vaughan to a certain extent... not a huge fan, but I respect him.
I don't think Vaughan votes "not right" all the time at all. In fact, I'd say he's a centrist who leans right on quite a few issues. He's a hard working councillor who does A LOT of background homework on the issues he's presented with and makes reasoned judgements that balance his own views/values and those of his riding.
This is just the sort of thing that is needed on council.

I will agree with you about KWT (and I'd add Perks) - I think they have the same qualities described above (and, bonus, I agree with them politically more often than not!).
I'm still coming around to Matlow!

I have my issues with Vaughan too, snarly comments, immature actions in Council (often baited by the Fords) however he's smart, knows what's happening in his Ward, works really hard on countless projects to improve quality of life in his Ward and I think he's been quite successful. What I like most is his passion and love for Toronto, that buys him a lot of points in my books.

I find the Massoudi Vice story highly dubious. It sounds like during the time the story is alleged to have happened, the crack video was on a cell phone in a pencil case. It would be odd if they had it hosted anywhere accessible.

I was at a superbowl party where someone claimed they knew a guy who made the whole thing up and sold the story to vice magazine.

It could be bullshit, but he seemed to believe it and it was in the context of "I know this guy who does all kinds of crazy stuff to cause shit" (i.e. not in a Rob Ford context) so it would be a weird specific thing to lie about at a superbowl party, months after the initial story.

I honestly doubt that the hacker story is real, and it hardly seems likely that the guys with the video were sophisticated enough to set up a digital hosting service with password protection.

Remember, they got in touch with the press by calling them (not by email) and in every case they showed the video by bringing the phone and playing it for them.

I don't think they were exactly Internet wizards.

I was at a superbowl party where someone claimed they knew a guy who made the whole thing up and sold the story to vice magazine.

It could be bullshit, but he seemed to believe it and it was in the context of "I know this guy who does all kinds of crazy stuff to cause shit" (i.e. not in a Rob Ford context) so it would be a weird specific thing to lie about at a superbowl party, months after the initial story.

I honestly doubt that the hacker story is real, and it hardly seems likely that the guys with the video were sophisticated enough to set up a digital hosting service with password protection.

Remember, they got in touch with the press by calling them (not by email) and in every case they showed the video by bringing the phone and playing it for them.

I don't think they were exactly Internet wizards.

I think the relevant detail is that Massoudi THOUGHT he was dealing with someone who could get the crack video, not whether or not they actually had access to it. In terms of his being a willing tool of the Fords' various malfeasances, that's all that really matters. He didn't get it, so it doesn't matter if he was being strung along by a prankster or not.

The whole Vice story still rings false to me. From the ITOs, it seems like of Ford's office staff, only David Price and maybe Beyers could have had anything to do with any attempt to get the video. Massoudi was on Doug's staff and Rob and Doug were apparently not really talking. It would also be weird if Massoudi was taking orders from Towhey, who wasn't part of Doug's staff and who Doug apparently disliked.

If an attempt to get the video was contained to Rob, maybe Price, and Lisi, it would also be consistent with how Lisi went about getting Rob's phone back in April. Low-scale, petty threats, small offers, etc.

The Vice article reeks of being a relic from a time when literally anything you could have made up about Rob Ford felt real because the situation just kept escalating. The article even has a reference to the stupid Rob Ford sex tape rumour. As we've gotten more info, that late May has come to seem much more like a Coen Brothers screwball movie.

The whole Vice story still rings false to me. From the ITOs, it seems like of Ford's office staff, only David Price and maybe Beyers could have had anything to do with any attempt to get the video. Massoudi was on Doug's staff and Rob and Doug were apparently not really talking. It would also be weird if Massoudi was taking orders from Towhey, who wasn't part of Doug's staff and who Doug apparently disliked.

If an attempt to get the video was contained to Rob, maybe Price, and Lisi, it would also be consistent with how Lisi went about getting Rob's phone back in April. Low-scale, petty threats, small offers, etc.

The Vice article reeks of being a relic from a time when literally anything you could have made up about Rob Ford felt real because the situation just kept escalating. The article even has a reference to the stupid Rob Ford sex tape rumour. As we've gotten more info, that late May has come to seem much more like a Coen Brothers screwball movie.
From the comments about this G&M story: Rob Ford’s office losing longest-serving staffer
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...est-serving-staffer/article17390775/comments/

Sonicbj 2 hours ago

Interesting drug (and mob) connections here....David Price (an alleged drug dealer with Doug Ford 20 odd years ago and possibly still involved since he claims to have connections with drug dealers), introduced Ted Beyer to Rob at one of the Ford family fests. Ted then worked on Rob's 2010 campaign. Apparently Sandro Lisi also worked on the 2010 campaign according to Rob's reference letter submitted to the courts.....despite Doug Ford claiming he does not know Sandro Lisi and has never met the man . So perhaps Ted Beyer is also known to drug dealers. At least he is trusted.
Now we go one step further. Dave Price tells Towney that he knows that the video is at 310 Dixon Apt 1703, apparently through his "sources". Next someone is shot in the leg outside apt 1703. Towney phones the police and then resigns or is fired.
Soknacki has filed a complaint with the integrity Commissioner about the use of city hall staff doing re-election campaign work....so maybe Ted is leaving just as Amin is leaving because they want to work on his campaign.
OR .....the kitchen is getting too hot especially since Lisi's phone records (and recordings) will soon be made public. Ted and Lisi exchanged "packages" and talked or texted over 70 times.
The plot thickens.
The police/OPP are preparing an air tight case against Rob (and hopefully against Doug if they can get him) because the Whole World Will Be Watching the final chapter of the Rob Ford saga

Related to what jml wrote above. Sonicbj has to be a UT'er.

Ted then worked on Rob's 2010 campaign. Apparently Sandro Lisi also worked on the 2010 campaign according to Rob's reference letter submitted to the courts.....

Am I the only one who thinks it's total bullsh*t that Lisi worked on Fords' 2010 campaign? I keep seeing people taking this reference letter at face value, but there is no evidence that Rob ever even met Lisi before 2012.

Last edited:
Amin just tweeted:

"@a_massoudi: Thanks for all of the kind words everyone. At Toronto General for surgery this morn. Will be out of touch for a while, but I will be back."

Shit. That's total balls.

Here is the final list in the Ford Pool. The pool is closed at this point, however if you posted previously and your date is not on here, I'll update based on the honour system. We have 107 entries!

eyewonder Mar 03
tiffer24 Mar 05
Crazy Mar 06
soimelk Mar 07
chandlerpopper Mar 07
the lemur Mar 10
inyyz Mar 11
babypointer Mar 11
SecretSquirrell Mar 12
EagleEye Mar 13
PArker Mar 13
rutefoot Mar 14
needlehaystack Mar 14
Angelunatic Mar 14
Dilla Mar 14
newearthling Mar 15
animatronic Mar 15
sno man Mar 15
FromTheHammer Mar 15
BeefSupreme Mar 15
retailestate Mar 16
aghost Mar 17
ParkdalePetunia Mar 18
Cecelle Mar 18
beaglelover Mar 18
tjcv74 Mar 18
DonValleyRainbow Mar 19
OSS 117 Mar 19
Kat_YYZ Mar 19
westyvt Mar 20
greenegg Mar 20
West of Spadina Mar 21
next_to_herb MAr 21
atodaso Mar 21
wheeler98 Mar 21
NYCBoy2305 Mar 23
AlbertHWagstaff Mar 24
rightsingSUVdriver Mar 24
Adaax Mar 24
maudlin Mar 25
Bebop17 Mar 26
ColinZeal Mar 27
Parker's cat Mar 27
blackballed Mar 29
ceread Mar 31

JWBF Apr 01
Mope Apr 01
Bob But Not Doug Apr 02
Jado Apr 02
r937 Apr 03
RoboHobo Apr 04
VintagePunk Apr 04
anne Apr 07
JWBF's wife Apr 08
Ahsun Apr 10
Irishmonk Apr 10
sixrings Apr 11
eastcoastanddown Apr 11
thereverend Apr 15
LordWanker Apr 18
pattycakes Apr 19
drk Apr 20
Dubster Apr 20
R4V4G3D_SKU11S Apr 21
Soop Apr 23
smalltown Apr 29

Spectacle May 01
Riverdale Rink Rat May 01
notshocking May 01
blearggg May 05
casita May 07
ndawgg May 09
tariqata May 16
deep_lez May 19
torborn May 19
kaboi May 22
sweetlou May 22
dforthandbview May 23
euler's cat May 24
JohnnyAu May 28
Pblo May 28
RC8 May 29

crankypants Jun 06
ttk77 Jun 07
dienw Jun 12
betty183 Jun 17
Southcore Jun 18
Pickles Jun 19
Dottie Jun 27
JasonParis Jun 29

edmundoconnor Jul 02
tenfootpoll Jul 15
euler Jul 20

penelope_sch Aug 3
TinyTiny Aug 04
Gavin The Almighty Aug 05

flonicky Sep 15

NormEron Oct 03
nfitz Oct 30

i can't tell if all those march dates mean that as an aggregate UT is hopeful or eager, or if that's just wishful thinking, as in "please let this end soon."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back