156     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 290     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 354     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Kathleen Wynne starts hanging around with drug dealers and gun runners, tries to lie her way into prison to see an old friend, has her ex-brother-in-law who once shot hes sister in the face brutally beaten in prison (allegedly in cahoots with prison staff), drives drunk repeatedly, rarely shows up to work on time, has extended periods of unexplained absences, routinely has her staff make LCBO runs for her as well as perform number other personal errands on an ongoing basis, refuses to cooperate with a police investigation, has her powers stripped, repeatedly dodges the press and refuses to answer questions, makes vulgar comments when she does do media scrums, gets filmed ranting about wanting to kill somebody, gets filmed ranting about the Chief of Police in a Jamaican patois and calling him a "cocksucker", gets filmed smoking crack and saying racist and homophobic slurs, gets fired from her job a a volunteer high school football coach in the public school system, gets fired from her job as a volunteer high school football coach in the Catholic school system under circumstances that the school in question is going to ridiculous lengths to keep the public from learning, pisses in school parking lots while wait to buy drugs, gets day drunk and disappears for hours into the bushes with her drug dealer, physically and verbally abuses her staff, repeatedly engages in dead-drop parcel exchanges with her drug dealer, commits a horrific racist attack on a Pakistani taxi driver, wears a bright orange football jersey to a press conference, promises to stop drinking for good and is seen drinking in public three times within a few weeks of making said promises, refuses against the advice of City staff to declare a state of emergency because doing so might transfer whatever remaining powers she had to her deputy, is too hammered to be allowed to see the Prime Minister, tries to get the Pride flag that was raised as a gesture of solidarity with Russia's persecuted LGTB community, disappears for 3 days to a hotel next to "Crack Alley" after police came to her house in response to a "domestic assault" - the details of which are still redacted from the nearly 500-page search warrant application filed by police as part of their effort to build a case against her drug dealer for allegedly trying to buy back her lost cell-phone with a pound of marijuana - despite the fact that she was willing to offer a new car, pays to keep the lights on in a known crack den, is implicated in a lead-pipe beating of the residents of said known crack den in an effort to recover the aforementioned video of her smoking crack and saying racist and homophobic slurs, spends more than an hour in a staff bathroom at a suburban Vancouver hotel sometime around 2am, refuses to discuss how she got home after being seen intoxicated in public, is accused - in addition to her brother - of having sold drugs in high school, keeps a criminal defence lawyer on retainer, says that she's willing to give up the pills, but not the blow, and repeatedly spews lie after lie after lie... When she does all that, Americans and the world will laugh at us for the same reasons they are laughing at us now.

Last edited:
Someone on Reddit yesterday guessed that Ford's appearance on the show would be an "intervention". Maybe the surprise guest will be Diane and that's also why both brothers are there. As far-fetched as that sounds given that it's Kimmel and not Oprah, I wouldn't put it past them, though I don't know what the Oscars tie-in would be.

I've seen Letterman do it, but in general you're probably right.
I would have preferred to see Stephen Colbert interview him. He wouldn't have insulted him to his face directly, but he would have mocked and ridiculed Ford in a way that went way over his head. Imagine Colbert ripping into Ford with his knowing smile, Ford looking back at him smiling nervously, not having a clue what is happening.

That's what I'm hoping for from Kimmel. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

That's what I'm hoping for from Kimmel. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

I was thinking of Bill Maher as an example. He was merciless with Anthony Weiner. But, when he finally had him on as an invited guest, he was actually quite sympathetic. There was some teasing, but it was very gentle and good natured.

It didn't him Weiner elected as mayor of NYC, but I am sure he scored some political points from being on the show. Like Ford, his personal reputation at that time could not have been much lower.

I've never seen Maher "go for the jugular" of one of his invited guests.

Last edited:
Nah, it's pretty obvious the "surprise special guest" will just be the Rob Ford imitator Kimmel uses - the guy from Parks and Rec.

It is quite sickening. I'm not that familiar with Kimmel - I'm barely aware that ABC has late night shows up against CBS or NBC. I can only assume that Jimmy Kimmel is a horrible human being, playing games like this with a crack-smoking wife-beating bigot.

Maybe you should become a little more familiar with him before you make such an assumption.

CP24 12:15pm via TweetDeck
Coun. Ford said the mayor is promoting the fact that Toronto is considered "Hollywood North."

Wow. Since when was Toronto considered Hollywood North?

Wow. Since when was Toronto considered Hollywood North?

Hollywood North was always the term given to Vancouver. During the 90's, it seemed to have much more appeal to filmmakers than Toronto. I believe Toronto has now surpassed that. But I have friends in the film/tv industries, and they don't even call TO "Hollywood North".

I am not sure if they are laughing at us more for supporting the Provincial Liberals or supporting Ford - but they are laughing. And since support for the Liberals is twice as high as the support for Ford, I would say support for the former gets more laughter (or maybe anger) than support for the latter.

No one outside of Canada even knows who the different political parties are. Do you think people in the U.S. give a shit about gas plants?

CP24 12:15pm via TweetDeck
Coun. Ford said the mayor is promoting the fact that Toronto is considered "Hollywood North."

And the crack capital of Canada...

And Ford is so dumb that he doesn't even know that people in California don't take kindly to having all their film and tv jobs moving across the border.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back