4K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 662     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And with this article we have an explanation for why Rob Ford was not charged with anything. It is clear that he was the target of blackmailers. He was being extorted. Police don't arrest victim's of extortion. I suspect that most people can't grasp this legal concept and are asking why the mayor wasn't charged with a crime for trying to buy the crack video.

Another thing that is becoming clear is police were aware that the Mayor's phone was stolen. They had the person who stole the phone under wire taps AND they heard these people say that they would use the crack video to extort the Mayor and yet police took no action against these criminals? I think Bill Blair has a lot to answer for!

As for the claim by Price that Anthony Smith was killed for the crack video - if true (and it probably is) this does not mean that Ford is responsible for the death of Anthony Smith. It would appear that Smith was a would-be extortionist and he was killed by other would-be extortionists. Ford remains a victim of extortion.

The only downside for Ford that I can see is that he denied existence of the crack video when these documents prove he was aware of the video all along - but again lets remember he was being extorted. Under these circumstances I think he gets a pass for being less than candid about the existence of the video. He has already admitted to smoking crack.

I gave Peepers the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but his pro-Ford, anti-Blair stance (whatever the information may be) is becoming more and more clear. I thought David Price was off the payroll.

I cannot believe that you're STILL trying to give this clown a pass on ANYTHING. Ford is only a victim of his own arrogance and stupidity. He practically blackmailed his own damn self.

We should all feel sorry for poor little Robbie.

If you were a famous person and a group of criminals had an embarrassing video of you and were using the video to extort money from you what would that make you? A victim or a criminal? Think about it!
One can be BOTH a victim and a criminal - or in the case of Mr Ford, a victim, a criminal and a buffoon

If you were a famous person and a group of criminals had an embarrassing video of you and were using the video to extort money from you what would that make you? A victim or a criminal? Think about it!

If it was a video of you involved with something illegal? It would make you a victim AND a criminal.

Can victims of extortion ever be criminals as well?

He's actually both but I'm putting more weight on his criminal activity.

And with this article we have an explanation for why Rob Ford was not charged with anything. It is clear that he was the target of blackmailers. He was being extorted. Police don't arrest victim's of extortion. I suspect that most people can't grasp this legal concept and are asking why the mayor wasn't charged with a crime for trying to buy the crack video.

Another thing that is becoming clear is police were aware that the Mayor's phone was stolen. They had the person who stole the phone under wire taps AND they heard these people say that they would use the crack video to extort the Mayor and yet police took no action against these criminals? I think Bill Blair has a lot to answer for!

As for the claim by Price that Anthony Smith was killed for the crack video - if true (and it probably is) this does not mean that Ford is responsible for the death of Anthony Smith. It would appear that Smith was a would-be extortionist and he was killed by other would-be extortionists. Ford remains a victim of extortion.

The only downside for Ford that I can see is that he denied existence of the crack video when these documents prove he was aware of the video all along - but again lets remember he was being extorted. Under these circumstances I think he gets a pass for being less than candid about the existence of the video. He has already admitted to smoking crack.

He only admitted to smoking crack when Bill Blair announced the police had the video after all. Before that, for 6 months, he thought he had the only existing copy and therefore was denying and attacking, his usual MO.

So, no, he doesn't get a pass for admission of guilt only when faced with irrefutable evidence.

He also doesn't get a pass because he was being extorted for something he claimed didn't exist.

I guess you don't see nothing wrong with offering $5000 and a car for the video. Why didn't you little angle go to the police?

We have a mayor who is involved in the criminal word, dealing with all kind of shady characters, does all kinds of drugs including now apparently heroin too.

Do you understand what blackmail is? The criminals are the people that tried to extort money from Ford. Ford is not a criminal by responding to their blackmail threats with an offer of cash and a car. Of course Ford should have gone to the police but as we have seen in retrospect he could not trust Bill Blair. It should be obvious that Bill Blair meticulously collected this embarrassing information on Ford so that he could use it for his own form of extortion.

Uh, Peepers, you do realize that if you're being blackmailed or extorted because you've committed a crime, then you've still committed a crime. Right?

Yes, he admitted smoking crack ... after denying and lying about it for a good long time. Frankly it doesn't look good at all for him to be so fundamentally dishonest and unethical. He lied about the crack and the existence of the video because to acknowledge the video would ultimately reveal the reason Smith was killed and other involvement with criminals.

Surely there's a limit among Ford Nation types to the amount of utter dishonesty and moral vacuousness they tolerate? They're not about to turn soft on people who do HEROIN, are they?

Peepers - how about this angle:

The mayor is dumb enough to have himself filmed smoking crack cocaine while being in office. Because of his knowledge of this video and the fact that he was stupid enough to do all these illegal things, he sends out his enforcer Lisi to find and destroy the video.

Because of lengths that he goes through to retrieve this video someone is killed because if it.

In no way is Rob Ford the victim. He has a part in the death of Anthony Smith.

Do you understand what blackmail is? The criminals are the people that tried to extort money from Ford. Ford is not a criminal by responding to their blackmail threats with an offer of cash and a car. Of course Ford should have gone to the police but as we have seen in retrospect he could not trust Bill Blair. It should be obvious that Bill Blair meticulously collected this embarrassing information on Ford so that he could use it for his own form of extortion.

Of course I know what blackmail. Most reasonable people when being blackmailed go to the police unless they are involved in the criminal world but I guess we already know your hero is already in the criminal world.

You're suggesting that Blair was extorting Ford?! You're on the pipe too....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back