News   Jun 27, 2024
 88     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 490     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ford says he respects taxpayers.
He then wastes taxpayers' money on cancellation costs.

...and generations of taxpayers money more, wasted on that dumb-ass subway

Are we all so Ford-biased that the Scarberian subway ( wank-off people, I do live there) was initially defeated by Council then resurrected/approved by Council too? A pox on all their families....................
It is a massive waste of money when the LRT would have been more accessible with no additional cost.

Oh boy...stick to your bike, you clearly don't know what a good car is. :p

I do, though. I used to rebuild engines and I've built many Chevy and Ford engines back in the 80s. Different designs, but both were reliable. Why do you differ in opinion?

This article is a good reminder. We need candidates in Ford's riding now! People in the burbs need to know that Ford is their worst enemy.

Ford on his own turf
Downtowners need to stop dissing the burbs and show up at community meetings there

Rob Ford may be living in a delusional reality, attempting to carry on as nominal, not real, mayor.

But there are other forms of distortion – those generated by Toronto’s widening income gap – that are influencing our political culture: crumbling infrastructure, absent or shrinking social programs, the crisis in public transit, economic and racial inequality. These are urgent issues for communities that feel they aren’t being heard downtown.

A recent report by Access Alliance, Working Rough, Living Poor, highlights the employment and income insecurities experienced by racialized neighbourhoods in the Black Creek area (an apparent Ford Nation stronghold).

It found that locals lack adequate resources and programming and experience place-based racism. There are no resources available to counter their lived experience of discrimination, and participants expressed frustration at the lack of accreditation hindering their access to dignified work. The report notes that poverty and precariousness have adverse impacts on health.

It’s easy to see the people of the suburbs thinking that if social programs aren’t supporting their neighbourhoods, why should they be paying into them? If transit isn’t accessible, why invest in something they will never be able to use? Ford has tapped into this alienation in phenomenal and concerning ways that we need to understand.

Rather than demonize the suburbs (they are already criminalized because of over-policing), it’s important to have a rethink. Poverty and racism are extremely complicated and affect people in numerous ways. The folks who show up at a Ford BBQ or rally are some of the same people denied adequate services, decent housing and good jobs.

If we’re to succeed in bringing about change, we need to end our preoccupation with Ford, build strength within impoverished communities and forge multiracial understandings. Downtowners need to stop denigrating the suburbs and show up at community meetings there. And they need to apply an equity lens to all their grassroots campaigns

Written by Chris Ramsaroop (an organizer with Justicia for Migrant workers)

Save Toronto is organizing voices for tomorrow's Cavalcade of Lights at 7pm at City Hall, named "Cavalcade of Boos":

Rob Ford is expected to attend tomorrow's Cavalcade of Lights at City Hall at 7:00pm and is planning to speak.

Are we happy that he's still the Mayor of Toronto? No.
Let's make our voices heard when he steps on stage? Yes.

It's win/win: see the beauty of Toronto with fireworks, lights, performances, and skating, and make your voices heard.

Save Toronto is very much alive.

https://www.facebook.com/events/374701619332166/

yeah, I think it's Payman. Really looks like him.

Payman told Fickel he had a falling out with Ford because of Ford's drug abuse (specifically cocaine) in December 2012. Seems odd that Payman and Ford would kiss and make up. Payman's words put Ford's cocaine use into December 2012 (and maybe earlier, since Payman was "growing concerned about it"), whereas the mayor would like everyone to believe he got drunk and "tried" crack once in Feb 2013. Maybe Payman told Ford that Fickel lied about the conversation in his police interview, but really; why would Fickel do that?

Payman's (alleged) words were more harmful to Ford than almost anyone's, as they suggest a pattern of cocaine use. On the other hand, the ITO text also says they were friends for 20 years, while Lisi seems to be a more recent "friend". And I suppose Payman had no way of knowing his conversation would somehow make it into a police report.

Save Toronto is organizing voices for tomorrow's Cavalcade of Lights at 7pm at City Hall, named "Cavalcade of Boos":

As long as it isn't as cold as tonight I was planning on being there, this offers more incentive (read, if it's colder than I would have liked, I'll be right up front).

I do, though. I used to rebuild engines and I've built many Chevy and Ford engines back in the 80s. Different designs, but both were reliable. Why do you differ in opinion?

Engine reliability alone does not a good car make.
Driveability, efficiency, handling, responsiveness, transmission quality, comfort, aesthetic appeal, quality of material, reliability, capability, and feel.

That and I generally believe American cars to be rubbish.

The thing about slogans is that they have a shelf life. Like the whole Sarah Palin "Maverick". Everyone wanted to be a maverick in the US back then. Now the word has become a joke. Just like the name Ford eventually will. I hope not the car company, though. I've never actually owned a Ford, but I like their cars.

Did NOT vote for Rob Ford in 2010, but I own a Ford car. A hybrid, C-Max. Half the gasoline consumption than my old car.

daily-cartoon-131115-580.jpg

You need to question yourself on a regular basis. Being a proper critical thinker means being critical of your own perceptions and thinking process.

Exactly. The single most important thing a person who wishes to think critically should do is to always question their own thought processes for biases or improper logic. People who never bother to doubt their own thought processes are definitely not thinking critically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back