631     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 572     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 711     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'll find out during the next blackout/emergency. The dust on that phone will probably kill me first.

Enough with the landline/ cellular, pulse dialling digressing;)

Ford is known to police for domestic violence in his home.

His 1.75 tax increase instead of 2.5% is a crock! What he does is reduce taxes but creates/ increases user fees. Re: the garbage outsourcing, I believe those folks west of yonge see a separate charge for garbage collection. Therefore they are still $$ out of pocket.

Can we refocus on this real stuff.....please!

I hope people here who don't want Ford re-elected actually put their personal time, money, and effort into the next municipal election. If the voter turn out in the next municipal election is pathetic again it will expose people for what they really are.

I've always had a deep respect for the Amish.
yeah, isn't it remarkable how i have a web site, and can also participate in online forums

Do you have a rotary dial phone too? :p
actually, yes, a black one, still in perfect working condition

i also have a green one, same size, but with pushbuttons instead of a rotary dial, it doesn't ring, though, but it's still quite useful, as i can hear my other phone ringing across the apartment and still answer the green one

I've read that Rob Ford's voicemail has a tendency to fill up. What is the capacity for voicemail, in terms of length and number of recordings?
sorry, you're asking the wrong guy

Enough with the landline/ cellular, pulse dialling digressing;)

Ford is known to police for domestic violence in his home.

His 1.75 tax increase instead of 2.5% is a crock! What he does is reduce taxes but creates/ increases user fees. Re: the garbage outsourcing, I believe those folks west of yonge see a separate charge for garbage collection. Therefore they are still $$ out of pocket.

Can we refocus on this real stuff.....please!
Good thing you weren't here when news was slow and there were pages and pages about whether the Toronto Star is a national or a local paper. :)

No you aren't.

The last few days I've learned from this thread that saturated fats cause heart disease and cell phones cause brain tumors. What's it gonna be next for the trifecta? Some possible candidates: vaccinations cause autism, fluoride is toxic, global warming is a hoax.

The last few days I've learned from this thread that saturated fats cause heart disease and cell phones cause brain tumors. What's it gonna be next for the trifecta? Some possible candidates: vaccinations cause autism, fluoride is toxic, global warming is a hoax.

Flouride IS toxic, but not in the amounts that are in our drinking water :D It's saved a lot of dental visits.

I am getting increasingly mad about the number of people, including police, who've been aware of Ford driving intoxicated and doing nothing about it.

How about...... Rob Ford the Reptilian? It does make sense...

Last edited:
Notice how Peepers has not actually responded to anyone calling him out on his dumbass "unelected" comments?

He knows what he's doing... trolling for Ford Nation.

surprised that such trolling is tolerated on UT. He should be given a few weeks vacation for purposely shit-disturbing.

I will gladly answer the "unelected" question.

We may not vote directly for a premier or prime minister but we do vote indirectly using mpp's or mp's as a proxy. Wynne has yet to lead her party in a general election so in a very real sense she is "unelected".

It is not "trolling" to suggest this! Maybe you should be given a few weeks vacation for calling forum member a "dumbass"

So much talk about land line vs cell only!

I actually tried to go to cellphone only several years back. Regretted it because the cellphone reception in parts of my house is so lousy, in particular my basement where I keep my home office and also in my bedroom on the 2nd floor. So in the end I had to switch back to a landline except now I had also lost my old phone number.

By the way, does anyone know if the various "boosters" or antennas that are sold actually help? I have a blackberry from work that I use that gets terrible reception in my basement, as do other cell phones I have tried.

I hearby predict that in 100 years time, "Rob Ford" will be a general, all-purpose boogeyman figure, like Rumpelstilsken or Bloody Mary, that older siblings, babysitters, and Bart Simpson types will use to torment and terrorize younger brats on the schoolyard:

"And he's real gross and fat - like 5,000 pounds fat!!! - and he throws his empty vodka bottles at you, and if he catches you, he sits on ya 'till you suffocate, and then he pisses all over your dead body! And he then drags you back to his crack house....to eat you!!!"

"No!"

"Yes! And he'll grind your bones ta make his crack!!"

As the 3013 edition of Mother Goose Rhymes will proclaim:

"Be good little boys and girls,

Don't kick or scream or shout.

Play nice, or in a trice...

Rob Ford'll come to get you...

...If...you...don't...watch...out!"

Last edited:
Fucking hell, Joe. Do you not understand how the Westminster system works? If you're going to call Wynne an "un-elected Premier", then you had better also describe Harper as an "un-elected Prime Minister".

Even more annoying is Doug Ford calls Wynne unelected, too. He's the f-ing son of an MPP and admittedly probably the smarter of the two Fords at city hall. Seriously, I'm beginning to wonder if the conservative misinformation via new media conspiracy isn't real.

Don't forget chemtrails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back