690     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 606     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 746     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone PLEASE actually show this "higher up" quote? The talk has taken an odd turn toward Alex Jones territory and I thought the quote was that there would be people in "bigger trouble" than him, not that there was someone "bigger" (figuratively) than him. To me that sounds like a staffer being concerned and Ford just saying "don't worry, I'm not doing anything that other people haven't done a lot worse than." He could have been talking about Lisi or any number of other people who WILL be in bigger trouble because chances are Ford doesn't actually end up in prison whereas a some other people most assuredly will. THAT to me suggests "bigger" trouble.

EDIT: To clarify, I mean that Ford at least at that point probably never BELIEVED he'd end up in prison

Last edited:
I have been mulling over Harper stepping in if Wynne does not. Somebody has to end this. Surely it's having an effect on Canada's reputation and how our leadership is viewed in the world market. Plus Harper has enough "bad tories" in the Senate. I am sure even Harper would like this to go away.

Cities are creatures of the Provinces, Harper can't do anything about Ford.

Rob Ford is just like you.

[video=youtube_share;29D8KZq6Cs8]http://youtu.be/29D8KZq6Cs8[/video]

From the Save Toronto Rally @ Nathan Phillips Square today

I agree with the notion that he won't step down because he has some more work to do for the people who are pulling his strings. His perseverance at this point seems laboured. I get the feeling that he wants this over just as much as everyone else does.

I actually disagree with this. It seems plausible that some very bad people were trying to get the tape. And while I think Ford could eventually be connected to criminal acts, it seems more fantasy-ish that some higher up people are pulling his strings.

I also don't think he seems laboured at all - he often acts like this. There has been some points where he looked particularly defeated though - like during the apology after the cocaine-fueled rant. He just strikes me as someone who genuinely doesn't get it. And without enough shame to realize the scandal he's caused.

See: Charbonneau Commission.
good reading about this, thanks for the heads up. I remember when talk about this mayor came out but I didn't realize it was part of a bigger investigation. Would be nice to see that in Ontario - not just as a police investigation but also as a political one.

Layton signed

Alphabetical list:
Paul Ainslie
Ana Bailão
Michelle Berardinetti
Shelley Carroll
Raymond Cho
Josh Colle
Gary Crawford,
Glenn De Baeremaeker,
Mike Del Grande
Sarah Doucette
John Filion
Paula Fletcher
Mary Fragedakis
Mark Grimes
Mike Layton
Chin Lee
Gloria Lindsay Luby
Josh Matlow
Pam McConnell
Mary-Margaret McMahon
Joe Mihevc
Peter Milczyn
Ron Moeser
Denzil Minnan-Wong
James Pasternak
Cesar Palacio
John Parker
Jaye Robinson
Michael Thompson
Kristyn Wong-Tam

How can Glenn De Baeremaeker and Shelley Carroll be on both lists?

A comment from the CB National Post story:

"When the terminally wrong Christie Blatchford senses which way the wind is blowing you know it's a hurricane."

Screenshot 2013-11-13 23.14.00.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2013-11-13 23.14.00.jpg
    Screenshot 2013-11-13 23.14.00.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 508
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back