150     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 105     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 506     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think momma ford may have let us know that there's truth to the rob being in rehab in florida story.
They have a condo in Florida. She could well have meant that they told him to take a break and go there for a week.

If you have the time, and the patience (I usually lack both), a Socratic approach works wonders. Generally, I'm inclined to argue, but I don't find that as effective as just asking questions, followed by more questions. This doesn't really work with higher order Ford supporters who will continue with disingenuous arguments, and deflections, but the dimmer ones are quickly flummoxed. I've gotten a few people to admit they don't actually know what's going on. Takes a lot of work, but it's rewarding.

Done dealing with them I can tell people to eat shit with a smile and they eat it :) Graphic yes...Effective....yes )

Last edited:
Just came back from a party. Everyone is talking about Rob Ford and how he has to go. Totally anecdotal of course, but many of these same people were willing to give a pass over the crack video, but not today. Many of them voted for Ford. They said it's embarrassing having all of this be front page news, and the video released today was scary and out of control -- so yeah, I guess actually seeing what he is capable of is compelling. I pointed out to a few that he's gone off on rants in public (ACC, council chambers), but people don't follow politics or the news that closely so weren't aware of it. I hope their anger and disgust continues.

If you have the time, and the patience (I usually lack both), a Socratic approach works wonders. Generally, I'm inclined to argue, but I don't find that as effective as just asking questions, followed by more questions. This doesn't really work with higher order Ford supporters who will continue with disingenuous arguments, and deflections, but the dimmer ones are quickly flummoxed. I've gotten a few people to admit they don't actually know what's going on. Takes a lot of work, but it's rewarding.

This should be used in the debates (if RoFo survives that long)

Just came back from a party. Everyone is talking about Rob Ford and how he has to go. Totally anecdotal of course, but many of these same people were willing to give a pass over the crack video, but not today. Many of them voted for Ford. They said it's embarrassing having all of this be front page news, and the video released today was scary and out of control -- so yeah, I guess actually seeing what he is capable of is compelling. I pointed out to a few that he's gone off on rants in public (ACC, council chambers), but people don't follow politics or the news that closely so weren't aware of it. I hope their anger and disgust continues.

Did you mention the Wednesday rally to them? :)

savetoronto:

I can't imagine those voted for Rob Ford but having second thoughts now would be too eager to identify themselves in public!

AoD

Video changes everything. I think even Ford realized it today. As somebody else mentioned he was looking pretty defeated at his press conference/apology today. I'm sure it hit him like a ton of bricks that video #3 is the LEAST damning of them, and the others are probably in the mail.

savetoronto:

I can't imagine those voted for Rob Ford but having second thoughts now would be too eager to identify themselves in public!

AoD

They'd be pretty hard to spot, if the 1,000 on our Facebook event (and counting), in addition to those on Twitterverse come out ;)

Stay tuned for an announcement later this week as to who (plural) we are bringing out to the rally to speak!

You don't need to even debate it at this point - just take an audio recording of Rob Ford's video tirade and replay it each and every time they make an argument. They'd give up soon enough.

AoD

PL:

One thing that I find interesting is that his supporters haven't gotten to the anger and betrayal part - only denial, which is kind of odd given the overwhelming revelations. I'd imagine they would be quite vicious once at that stage.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back