129     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 94     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 493     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the screenshot of the folder with the files that DS posted a couple of days ago. The date and times were in the filenames. Both taken in the evening within a couple of mins of one another. You can probably find the image a dozen or so pages back.

Ah.. Thanks..

On another note - this interview is not helping?

Rob's mom & crack sister live on CP24...

In the screenshot of the folder with the files that DS posted a couple of days ago. The date and times were in the filenames. Both taken in the evening within a couple of mins of one another. You can probably find the image a dozen or so pages back.

qrGKmIy.jpg

My suggestion is something like "YOUR FATHER WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU TO RESIGN" -- that would hit him where he lives.
If he's still Mayor on Wednesday, that would be a very effective sign indeed.

Agreed. The Rob Ford narrative has always been about a typical middle aged man with a wife and kids, an ordinary guy who just happens to be mayor. But most people who see this clip will just remember a raving lunatic. Drugs, booze or not, he acts totally unhinged... and that's what will stick.
Yup, even the BBC sent out a "news alert" to smart phones around the world becuase of this video. While the video itself is just a raving lunatic, it is now cemented in many, many, many (triple repeat irony!) people's brains. Hopefully a few in Scarborough and Etobicoke too.

Sheesh. I guess Councillor Leon doesn't actually READ his emails. This is his response to my email to Executive Committee on Monday. I already did email you, dude, and gave you all that info you're looking for.
I got an identical response. The only Executive member that actually responded properly was DMW who I'm having a little more begrudging respect for.

Seems like most people have forgotten that when the VRT was axed, the price of a metropass went up by $60 per year at the same time due to TTC cuts, if I'm not mistaken. So people like me who don't own a car didn't save anything and are actually paying more thanks to Ford.
Exactly. And cutting transit service and raising fares foreces many to opt for their cars (as most transit users in T.O. also have a car), thereby increasing traffic and making driver's lives likely more than $60/year more miserable.

New rumors.
1) Stephen Harper called Ford and asked him to step down today, he's hurting the brand
2) In the redacted police docs there's a pic of Ford getting a hummer in the House of Lancaster
These are from a good source, but whispers are whispers.
1) makes sense, but it also works to the PM's advantage to keep the media storm in Toronto.
2) could possible be a pic of Video #2.

But watching Ford's arms flailing, his violent manners, it's scary. And this is at someone else's home! Imagine having that guy in your living room. This tape may be more significant in bringing him down than we UTers may perceive. After all, most of Ford Nation said they loved him 'cause he was approachable. The video shows him as anything but.
It makes one feel for Daniel Dale as well.

Im told that Denzil Minan-Wong's motion has near unanimous support. Besides Doug and Rob of course, there are two holdouts that most likely will make up their minds and join the motion by next week.
Ford is finished. These are indeed extraordinary circumstances and the Province will comply with Council's request. I'm told that to avoid poor optics, Premier Wynne may sign temporary legislation that will allow City Council to remove the Mayor. That would take the decision away from her and council would have to make the final vote to remove the mayor. That's going to be one council session for the books!
I'm at the point in thinking that this does need to happen, although Wynne certainly needs to be careful here. The whole "we can't do anything" was based on existing legislation. There's nothing stopping them from passing new legislation (that allows Council to do the actual deed). As a minority government, I'd think the NDP would support this and even some PC's (for brand reasons), but hard to say for sure.

Last edited:
Peepers,

VICE has an office in Canada, and the editor that wrote the hacker story works in Toronto.

I don't get it. I remember ManuvSteele being a Ford supporter, why would he add to Ford's problems?

Because not everything is so black and white? I'm sure there are quite a few supporters out there who might agree with his policies but still want him out based on everything else that's happened.

his sister said "When he drinks, he doesn't have one - he goes full tilt... but he doesn't have a drinking problem"

it's just awful. it's clear that his family isn't going to step in and try to save him. they're enablers in the truest sense - and i have a feeling it's for their own benefit as a dynasty/grasp of power, as opposed to what's best for Rob.

If he wasn't the mayor, would they be saying/doing the same??

EDIT: Mother: "He does have a problem. He has a problem. He has a weight problem. And he needs to take care of that first"

are you fucking kidding me????

his sister said "When he drinks, he doesn't have one - he goes full tilt... but he doesn't have a drinking problem"

it's just awful. it's clear that his family isn't going to step in and try to save him. they're enablers in the truest sense - and i have a feeling it's for their own benefit as a dynasty/grasp of power, as opposed to what's best for Rob.

If he wasn't the mayor, would they be saying/doing the same??

EDIT: Mother: "He does have a problem. He has a problem. He has a weight problem. And he needs to take care of that first"

are you fucking kidding me????
his mother is actually articulate and good at this "spin" stuff -- makes it more scary.
There's no hope for him if that's his family.

1. get a driver
2. lose weight
3, put alcohol detector in vehicle
4. stay away from bad guys
5. psychologist

Mother Ford's advice on Friday

Oh yeah, Kathy, the bad guy is the person who took the video, not Rob talking about killing someone. Hmmm, seems like she is blaming Lisi for the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back