669     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 840     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 622     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
His mother is "convinced" Rob will "do it" (get sober, presumably) even though he has shown no signs of doing so?

"A little too human!" "AHAHAHAHA!"

Oh my gosh this family. I don't feel sorry for Rob, exactly, but boy I sure can see how he turned out the way he did. What a stunning interview.

And on a different note, thanks to everyone here for months of entertainment. You've helped me and many other lurkers feel far more sane than we would have otherwise felt through this whole mess.

Wow, that was a crazy, stunning, surreal interview. "Doug needs time to cool his jets". They are in total denial and his family are classic enablers. They will be the death of Rob Ford.
Thank goodness I have a family who would smack my ass and drag me bound in rope to CAMH if I had a problem like Rob Ford.

Last edited:
Kind of caught my ear. Kathy, when asked something about Rob going to rehab, said he didn't need to go. then she added (I think) neither of them (Rob & Doug?) need to go. Am I reading too much or maybe a minor slip up?

Just curious why she would need to say neither of them as there had never been mention of Doug needing rehab before.

Might be referring to the other brother...?

The guy that killed Anthony Smith extraordinarily plead guilty to 9 years without seeing his disclosure - is there a reason this hasn't been brought up recently?

I know that one of the voices on that video is Manderalo's because I have an arm's length relationship with him. I knew when I heard it so I am sure the other voice is Lisi's.

That "second voice" is only heard once so I am guessing that Sandro is goading him throughout.

Family is against him going to rehab. "He doesn't need it".

I can understand their sticking by him, it must be so hard for them. It's so sad to watch him pulling them into this mess. Unfortunately this love can end up being loving to death.

Don't assume Rob pulled them into this. Dianne Ford is known to be a very powerful matriarchal figure in that shitshow of a family.

This isn't about Rob...as many have said its about Doug. Removing Rob from the mayor seat kills doug politically. And the ford family is willing to let Rob be the sacrificial lamb for what they hope is a bigger play for Doug. This is why he cracked and finally admitted it...he hoped it would all be over and off his shoulders to carry his brother's political aspirations.

There's no real sense of shock to any of his actions either. Rob won't be able to contain his actions if they're all telling him he doesn't need rehab or can't quit...he'll crack at some point

The guy that killed Anthony Smith extraordinarily plead guilty to 9 years without seeing his disclosure - is there a reason this hasn't been brought up recently?

It's been mentioned before and is indeed suspicious but we can only speculate as to the meaning for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back