54     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 458     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 562     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, councillor Carroll brought that up, saying that the nature of her job keeps her so busy that she has no time to call, for example, her husband 8 times in a day, but the day Smith was murdered, a Thursday, Ford called Lisi 8 times.

If I were a journalist and I took notes every time I was told that Ford was away from City Hall meeting constituents I would compare my notes to the ITO documents and see if there were meetings between Ford and Lisi during office hours that matched days he was "meeting constituents". I would then write an article about it.

To put it bluntly - we are taxpayers with jobs.

AoD

And the mocking continues:
5. Toronto's Big Fat Mayor Promises To Cool It With The Getting "Hammered" In Public Business
While speaking on his weekly radio show yesterday, allegedly-crack-smoking clearly-publicly-intoxicated Toronto Mayor Rob Ford informed the citizens that he is "the best mayor the city has ever had" and promised that he would stop getting "hammered" where people could see him. That should shut up those goddamn worrywart Torontonians, eh?
http://happyplace.someecards.com/27...t-least-pretend-to-know-today-november-4-2013

I have a theory as to why the police announced just now that they "recovered the file" -- and why the timing was so convenient.

There has already been one jailhouse stabbing related to this. If this is connected to organized crime, than anyone who's cooperating with the cops will find their lives in severe jeopardy.

If the person lied about the video being deleted, the cops could be working to protect the identity of the informant, and disguising what information came from where.

IIRC wasn't there also an instance of someone's legs being broken (beyond their ability to be able to walk for a long period of time) in connection with the guy that threatened Rob/Kathy?

What was he buying from Lisi? Why did he meet him 100 times in 6 months? He certainly has no shame going to the LCBO and it wasn't booze in those plastic bags and manilla envelopes. He's a frequent use of some sort of substance and he's clearly addicted to it given how often he consumed it. He was getting furnished with small quantities of those drugs often so he could never get charged with possession beyond a limit that would have him do serious time. So we know how often he consumes drugs: every day. That's an addiction.

I agree, but wonder if $$ was in those envelopes some or most of the time. That much coke and his heart would have exploded by now, that much pot and he'd have to be smoking constantly. Gotta be wads of cash in most of those transactions. If I was a reporter I would be tracking down local locksmiths and finding out if ROFO has purchased a nice floor safe for his abode recently, or maybe at his cottage. Cash is a bitch to hide, unless you spend it partying, gambling and/or whoring around or filling a safe.

I'm sorry to be picking on you, but no. There are functional crack addicts, coke addicts, and alcoholics. They exist. They're among us. Obviously they're not as visible as other addicts, but that's by design.

If nothing else, I hope that this whole circus affords people the opportunity to learn something about addiction and substance abuse. We're all used to this image of the deteriorating crack addict sitting in an alley, but the fact is that the guy sitting in his living room while his family plays upstairs is exactly as likely to be on crack as that guy in the alley.

Someone, as ThoughtArcade says in their great post, like Rob Ford who is very likely addicted to 'substances' and will take whatever he can get to keep himself in a haze, has honed his skills for decades at appearing professional while indulging on the side. Unfortunately for him and all of us, the mask is slipping.

Delurking to say I'm a nurse. I've dealt with addicts in various healthcare settings. I'd compare the visibility of addicts to that of an iceburg. The addict of the alley is just what's visible, particularly when it comes to alcohol. I've seen all walks of life seriously addicted. Poverty doesn't make an addict, it usually just determines your choice of substance(s).

*goes back to lurkdom*

Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 1.30.04 PM.jpg

Seems like if you take a good look at the ITO, it will be obvious just how much it does affect his job.

I agree, but wonder if $$ was in those envelopes some or most of the time. That much coke and his heart would have exploded by now, that much pot and he'd have to be smoking constantly. Gotta be wads of cash in most of those transactions. If I was a reporter I would be tracking down local locksmiths and finding out if ROFO has purchased a nice floor safe for his abode recently, or maybe at his cottage. Cash is a bitch to hide, unless you spend it partying, gambling and/or whoring around or filling a safe.

Wasn't it rumoured on this forum that Lisi was funnelling cash to Ford for something that had to do with city contracts? Or did I dream that?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 1.30.04 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 1.30.04 PM.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
Anyone keeping an eye on this Twitter account? Pretty amazing stuff:

https://twitter.com/torquilcampbell/status/397408284778323969

https://twitter.com/torquilcampbell/status/397408517323104256

https://twitter.com/torquilcampbell/status/397408900195942400

City council might have been enabling this monster for THREE YEARS. When are we going to go down to City Hall and demand action?

EDIT: He also adds this:

@torquilcampbell 14m something the media can't posit, although it seems obvious now- is that ford is NOT a drug addict- he runs a crew; he's a gangster.

@torquilcampbell 13m you don't meet your dealer 108 times in 5 months- you meet your bag man; those packages were money, at least some of the time; collections.

Last edited:
If I were a reporter, I'd be wanting to know why Lisi would be bringing Ford packages of cash so frequently.

Delurking to say I'm a nurse. I've dealt with addicts in various healthcare settings. I'd compare the visibility of addicts to that of an iceburg. The addict of the alley is just what's visible, particularly when it comes to alcohol. I've seen all walks of life seriously addicted. Poverty doesn't make an addict, it usually just determines your choice of substance(s).

*goes back to lurkdom*
But isnt it also true that addicts tend to lose everything in the end??! Like their job, their car(s), their house, their wife....etc..etc.

Or is that a generalization??

I listened to, I think, all of his radio stints over the past 2 days, where he's bascically calling for what? a Waterfront boat-in viewing of the tape(s)?

I think all points of view expressed on here make total sense -- he's trying to get ahead of the story before election; he's trying to call Bill Blair's bluff; he's trying to establish a pretext for removing Bill Blair. These may be "salvagable" outcomes of his current impulse, but I wonder if he's thought that far ahead.

I get the distinct feeling that Rob Ford is simply being driven crazy by not knowing what's on these tapes (having potentially been too out of it whenever they were made). In particular, he keeps making references to the 2nd tape. You can tell he seems to have absolutely no idea what's on it and it's just killing him.

Someone on this board said a long time back that maybe he's like a gambler, who knows they're skunked but just can't stop playing. I believe he's stuck in some compulsive/self-destructive loop, while rational people are "looking for patterns in static."

City council might have been enabling this monster for THREE YEARS. When are we going to go down to City Hall and demand action?

@torquilcampbell 14m something the media can't posit, although it seems obvious now- is that ford is NOT a drug addict- he runs a crew; he's a gangster.

@torquilcampbell 13m you don't meet your dealer 108 times in 5 months- you meet your bag man; those packages were money, at least some of the time; collections.

hmmmm, sleeping on the job? Call Mammo, surely he'll ask that this employee be fired...er...wait...

Torquil is a very public figure. He would have no reason to lie -- or rather, he has every reason not to.

As an aside, I adore him.

*precisely*

These are the commonalities that nearly, if all addicts share:

1) They will do just about anything to continue to use, and to hide their use. Lies, deception, manipulation, charm, money, love... whatever is at their disposal.
2) The substance is not their problem. *They* are the problem. The *only* way to recover is to make profound individual changes.
3) Take any addict, and ask them if they can be in a room full of people and still feel alone. The addict will always answer "yes".

Other than those three things, the rest is a toss up. Could be a lawyer (cough... mayor), street sweeper (do they exist anymore?), musician,
dentist, alley-dweller, ichthyologist. Anything. They might have a job. They might not. They could be thin (if the choice is substance vs. food) or rotund (with sufficient enablers, binge use, alcohol consumption, who knows).

Related, but not: I had a client once who was an active, injection Heroin user. Was also taking methadone. Supplementing with crack on occasion. Homeless (more or less). He was 400 lbs. How? I honestly have no idea. Just the way it is.

*goes back to lurkdom*

But isnt it also true that addicts tend to lose everything in the end??! Like their job, their car(s), their house, their wife....etc..etc.

Or is that a generalization??

The ones that don't usually die.

Harsh, but true. Are there exceptions? Sure, probably. With enough money you can prop up anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back