299     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 495     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 614     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Ford was outside a crack house owned by his friends because he was looking to get away from there like Principal Skinner and the burlesque house in the Simpsons

"Principal Skinner: That's true, but I was only in there to get directions on how to get away from there"

I too sent a letter to the executive and my councillor Gord Perks:

Dear Councillors,

First I must apologize for the bulk email, but I do hope you understand that the message I am sending is for each of you, as a whole, as members of the Executive.

I am a citizen, a tax paper and a constituent of the City of Toronto. Although, given the recent antics of our Mayor, this is not something I am particularly proud to admit.

As the executive, each of you have a unique responsibility to take a stand on behalf of the citizens of Toronto regarding Rob Ford. I beseech each of you to not accept the flimsy, non-apology of our mayor. You cared enough to send the Deputy Mayor with a message, and since Rob Ford has ignored that message, and in fact has insulted your olive branch, by announcing this morning that he does not care if you all resign, he will run the city on his own, I ask you to do just that. Resign from the executive.

Then with your fellow councillors, defund his office. Each councillor was elected as our representatives. You are our voices, and quite honestly as each day passes, as each radio interview is given, as each "slogan" is uttered by Rob Ford in response to questions, I feel voiceless. I am subaltern, and only you and your fellow councillors can give me, and my fellow Torontonians a voice.

Rob is insisting that Bill Blair release the video(s) knowing full well he cannot as it is evidence in a case. His own responses of "I cannot comment on something before the courts" shows implicitly he understands the process.

This is not about the videos, this is about his lack of judgement, and lack of accountability. He has not responded to why he was bringing his child to meet with a known criminal (Lisi ITO pg. 98/99), yet is accusing the press of scaring his children. He has not addressed why he was spending time drinking in a park. He has not explained what is in the packages he received from Lisi. He continues to say he cannot respond to a video he has not seen, yet, when asked what he has smoked he deflects. No matter how inebriated one gets, they always remember the first drink....ergo Rob Ford must remember what he has smoked.

I am disgusted at the flagrant conflict of interest in his trying to add more police officers, being allowed to vote on their budget, when he is under investigation. I beseech you to get a lawyer on behalf of all of us citizens and stop his ability to affect our Police Services.

More evidence in the ITO and the wiretaps is going to be released. The city will continue to exist under a cloud of shame. Before this information is released, I beg of you to show the world, that we citizens have pride in our city, we have pride in democracy, and most of all we will stand up to adversity, we will not shrink and cower to a bully. Stand up for us. You are our representatives. You are our voices. Do not render us silent, and subaltern.

Contact info redacted

So I'm getting some serious vibes from otherwise politically neutral people at work that they would be interested in joining a mass protest at City Hall. What kind of group normally organizes this kind of thing? I think time is of the essence but I also agree with other posters that numbers and a real organized show of force is crucial for it to work. Any ideas?

I'm setting up a site: http://savetoronto.tumblr.com/ (soon to be http://www.savetoronto.ca/ as well; just registered and waiting for the DNS to propagate)

Nathan Phillips Square on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 12:00pm, as it is the date for the next council meeting.

With all of these letters to the Executive Committee, will they take note? What's the "magic number" when they sit up and say, hey, a lot of people are writing about this, we need to do something? Wish I knew!

With all of these letters to the Executive Committee, will they take note? What's the "magic number" when they sit up and say, hey, a lot of people are writing about this, we need to do something? Wish I knew!

This is why I think we should get in the habit of writing every single day, particularly in the lead up to some kind of mass protest, to keep the pressure on.

According to Wikipedia (truncated):

Alcohol Dependence

Definition and diagnosis

According to the DSM-IV criteria for alcohol dependence, at least three out of seven of the following criteria must be manifest during a 12 month period:
- Tolerance
- Withdrawal symptoms or clinically defined Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome
- Use in larger amounts or for longer periods than intended
- Persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down on alcohol use
- Time is spent obtaining alcohol or recovering from effects
- Social, occupational and recreational pursuits are given up or reduced because of alcohol use
- Use is continued despite knowledge of alcohol-related harm (physical or psychological)

Robbie fits at least 3 of these.

And here another link, and this one is for high-functioningalcoholics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-functioning_alcoholic
----

Anyway, what I do like is Robbie blaming his "problem(s)" on the media and lefties, and without them doing their job he would not have to result to over doing the non-drug called alcohol.

ledrew asked him about the photo of Rob with 3 unsavoury characters
Doug got mad and said if they were preppy white kids no one would care
No one mentioned that one of those guys is dead and the other 2(?) are in jail due to project traveler.....

They also failed to mention the photo was taken in front of an alleged trap house.

There is no normal. We just do it. Saturday at noon. Nathan Phillips Square.
So I'm getting some serious vibes from otherwise politically neutral people at work that they would be interested in joining a mass protest at City Hall. What kind of group normally organizes this kind of thing? I think time is of the essence but I also agree with other posters that numbers and a real organized show of force is crucial for it to work. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back