2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 463     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I wonder why the more I get pissed off, the more Ford's support rises. Which leads me to believe that the frustration of people like myself is the exact reason other people support Ford.

It's because there is no God and life is utterly devoid of meaning, purpose or morality; it's all just a bunch of random sh*t happening for no reason whatsoever.

Just a thought:

Was listening to CBC Radio this morning, and they had interviews with people in Etobicoke still defending the guy anyway possible. While everyone must take responsibility for their own actions, these idiots are not helping in the slightest. It is like the parent who spoils their child and never disciplines them because they can do no wrong.

While it is unlike Ford to admit the truth until he is caught red handed, even if he does want to come clean, these people who supposedly support him are not making it any easier. If they support him, as a person or his agenda, they need to let him know that it is okay to come forward and that they will still respect him. He is in a position where he feels that if he does come clean, he is afraid of what their reactions will be.

A lot of the fallout from the last few days is not just because he got caught, but that he did not take responsibility for his actions. If during that press scrimmage hours before the ITO was released he admitted he was wrong and apologized, rather than the standard "no comment," the calls for a full resignation would be much less than what is occurring right now. Even if his admission of guilt came at the very last second.

Actually, now that I think of it, I may have posted something similar in the last 25,000+ posts.

Yep, Mayor Ford seems to have no shame and has no interest in taking responsibility. But there is one angle I wonder that might get to him. I'd say "be an adult", but to speak to the cultural and social values of Ford Nation, I bet if people started telling him to be a man he might start to feel some heat. To question his manhood and his ability to own up to his actions may crack the armour. Or not. I have not understood this man from the beginning.

He has arrived for his radio show. He really needs a new suit. Odd that someone who spends so much time on his dry cleaning would be wearing a jacket in such dire need of said service.

he's assuring us he will make changes in his life, but there's still a lot of work to be done and he wants to keep doing it.
next oct 27, let the people decide. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back