442     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 976     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I applaud Blair's efforts to take Ford down, I still haven't forgiven him for the fuck up that was the G20...

Take Ford down how? I have been trying to keep abreast of all these posts. i need clarification. The court documents were going to be released Thur. Then Blair comes out Thur and says police recovered the deleted video. But would the documents to be released not show the video existed? If thats the case, it makes no sense Blair called a conference other than the fact it would prove the police were trying to keep the info on Ford under wraps and protect Ford but then the newspapers went to court and forced his hand and he wanted to beat them to the punch. If thats the case why is the media not on this?

Last edited:
I don't know, this poll feels like an outlier to me. There is no way that people would be able to support him given that it's now shown that Ford has explicitly lied regarding the existence of the video and has revealed to associate himself with fairly shady characters.
All of the man on the street interviews I have seen show people who say his private life should remain private, crack hasn't impacted his ability to do his job, etc etc. Not one of them has mentioned being lied to. They are either conveniently forgetting this or deliberately ignoring it. They ignore the lies when they stare them in the face (at the end of the press scrum yesterday Ford said he was going to return phone calls but actually left his office and hasn't returned since), so they have no problem forgetting that Ford lied about the video's existence (and many other things).

Ford approval rating ticks UP in the wake of the crack video bombshell

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think this news vindicates Rob Ford's decision to tough things out. This is like on the stock market when a stock is driven to it's lowest level in anticipation of bad news. Once the bad news is out the stock has nowhere to go but up. I think we could see a similar phenomena with Fords ratings.
Hang on ... they polled last night, on Halloween? Who did they get to do that ... weren't many people very busy until 9 pm or so between the trick-or-treaters, the sugar highs, and those avoiding their own house?

Might not be an unbiased poll. How did the demographics on the poll look - is it representative of the census?

Take Ford down how? I have been trying to keep abreast of all these posts. i need clarification. The court documents were going to be released Thur. Then Blair comes out Thur and says police recovered the deleted video. But would the documents to be released not show the video existed? If thats the case, it makes no sense Blair called a conference other than the fact it would prove the police were trying to keep the info on Ford under wraps and protect Ford but then the newspapers went to court and forced his hand and he wanted to beat them to the punch. If thats the case why is the media not on this?

It makes perfect sense to anyone following along that don't have their heart in the game. They were after Lisi for extortion from the start. If you have been following along, the Mayor's office called the cops to let them know that the video was linked to a murder and there were several break-ins/shootings around that time. Those flunkies that you see in the Brazen 2 are responsible for that. It wasn't Somali's against Somali's.

The cops didn't care if the video showed that the Mayor played, stayed or prayed. Fact remains, his friend, that he doesn't throw under the bus, went after it and apparently exerted some effort to do it.

So presumably the person filming it would be charged. Again, no reason to charge Rob Ford for underage sex.

Age of consent in Canada is 16. It used to be 14, but the Conservatives (ha!) changed it to 16. If the child is below 16, it's illegal. Also, while most prostitution by definition isn't illegal in Canada, child prostitution is. I would imagine child prostitution would encompass all children below the age of consent, so 16.

I didn't see the LeDrew comment and there is so much info going through the feed. What was the "baloney" comment?

Stephen LeDrew flat out called Ford's "cannot comment because it's before the courts" comment "Baloney". This is of course notable since Stephen LeDrew has not been the most neutral and professional person in the Ford's case. He often lets Doug use his show to spread his misinformation without even attempting to provide an alternative view

All of the man on the street interviews I have seen show people who say his private life should remain private, crack hasn't impacted his ability to do his job, etc etc. Not one of them has mentioned being lied to. They are either conveniently forgetting this or deliberately ignoring it. They ignore the lies when they stare them in the face (at the end of the press scrum yesterday Ford said he was going to return phone calls but actually left his office and hasn't returned since), so they have no problem forgetting that Ford lied about the video's existence (and many other things).
Texas sharpshooter. Mark the hits, ignore the misses.

I just finished reading through the entire 474 pages and noticed that there is no mention of any 'cocaine' or 'traces of cocaine' that we're originally reported when the TPS busted Lisi and Bahrami at the dry cleaner's. The last 100 or so pages are dedicated to that and the events leading up to it and all it mentions is them finding 'Marihuana'. Am I crazy or were there not initial reports of them finding cocaine at the dry cleaner's?

I just saw this tweet from Lisa Kirbie (Warren Kinsella's partner):

Lisa Kirbie ‏@LisaKirbie 37m
Was a certain chief magistrate stopped by 14 Div last night for drunk driving? If so, why drive him home instead of arresting him? #topoli
Expand

I wonder who she is referring to ? The term "chief magistrate" can be used to describe a mayor.

Just bringing up a thread from 11 Sep. If the cops were stringing Ford along in anticipation of a big score, it makes sense that they would bury a drunk driving incident. Maybe the surveillance detail was concerned, but they couldn't just leave him since it would look bad to have a blitzed Ford run over a kid or a nun while being tailed by cops. Or it could just be a big coincidence...

Does anyone know what the ITO said Ford was up to on the 10th?

I just finished reading through the entire 474 pages and noticed that there is no mention of any 'cocaine' or 'traces of cocaine' that we're originally reported when the TPS busted Lisi and Bahrami at the dry cleaner's. The last 100 or so pages are dedicated to that and the events leading up to it and all it mentions is them finding 'Marihuana'. Am I crazy or were there not initial reports of them finding cocaine at the dry cleaner's?

The dry cleaner was charged with possession of cocaine. Probably enough to make it personal a few grams or less. It was never eluded to in the warrant that coke was the moving product.

The devil is in the details.

The dry cleaner was charged with possession of cocaine. Probably enough to make it personal a few grams or less. It was never eluded to in the warrant that coke was the moving product.

The devil is in the details.

Are you saying that the information around the coke charge was not relevant and therefore excluded from Lisi's warrant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back