1K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 532     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
BGk0SVYCYAEkYMN.jpg

Via Twitter:
@ ejackson123 Saw him @LCBO and went straight for the Iceberg Vodka; my main man. #topoli We still Love Him our great Mayor! pic.twitter.com/2QnRgQdw3U

If he were not the Mayor and just some guy who went to the LCBO looking like that, any LCBO employee would have to be blind and irresponsible to sell him any booze. The man looks 100% like a drunk.

That's his personal problem, but if he shows up at in an official capacity inebriated, that's Toronto's problem. He'll never quit -- the office that is -- regardless of how much harm he is doing to the city by remaining Mayor. He's going to have to stumble into the next election and be kicked out by voters.

Attachments

• BGk0SVYCYAEkYMN.jpg
    BGk0SVYCYAEkYMN.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 411
Looking like that do you think he'll still be alive next year with his self abusive habits and stress? Sometimes he looks fine when I watch him skate past the media on the news, other times he looks like he's one order of KFC away from being laid out on a slab.

Just heard a bio/ obit of Ralph Klein. As mayor of Calgary he never listened to his handlers and did and said whatever he wanted. His supporters loved him because he was 'just like them'. He had substance abuse and health issues.

Rob Ford is just like Ralph Klein, only twice the size with half the IQ.

I went to the cafe at Sunnyside once a decade ago and it was completely mediocre. Is that the only establishment on the Western waterfront? I do think the Grenadier Cafe, which people seem to like (though it has only 2.5 stars on Yelp) is run by the same group, though.

To be fair, I think in most parts of the world, restaurants near tourist attractions such as the waterfront tend to be overpriced, bad, or both. But the total lack of options, if anything, is just encouraging the proprietors to be lazy. And as a potential customer, having a few options, by itself, would be a huge improvement. That is to say, I think the lack of competition *is* the problem with dining options on Toronto's beaches, and the price and poor quality are just symptoms.

So yeah, his brother never saw in him drink, Dough Holyday never saw him drink, Michael Thompson never saw him drink - what's that bottle of Vodka for? Lighting the fondue set?

AoD

So yeah, his brother never saw in him drink, Dough Holyday never saw him drink, Michael Thompson never saw him drink - what's that bottle of Vodka for? Lighting the fondue set?

AoD

As a cooking ingredient? I did a search and came up with 431 recipes at one website that included vodka as an ingredient. Penne with Spicy Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce, Harvey Wallbanger Cake, and others, but most of them did came up as cocktails. Didn't take Rob as a gourmet.

As a cooking ingredient? I did a search and came up with 431 recipes at one website that included vodka as an ingredient. Penne with Spicy Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce, Harvey Wallbanger Cake, and others, but most of them did came up as cocktails. Didn't take Rob as a gourmet.

cooking spirits eliminates most of the alcohol content so i don't think he'd be going that route with that complexion

I somehow doubt that the photo of Rob Ford allegedly buying Vodka at an LCBO last night was actually taken last night. Do people really believe that after all the scrutiny placed on his drinking habits that Ford would turn up at an LCBO looking like that? Twitter is not a reliable source of news. People can tweet anything they like. I suspect that the picture of Ford was taken during the summer months and that he had a bad sun-burn.

Just heard a bio/ obit of Ralph Klein. As mayor of Calgary he never listened to his handlers and did and said whatever he wanted. His supporters loved him because he was 'just like them'. He had substance abuse and health issues.

Rob Ford is just like Ralph Klein, only twice the size with half the IQ.

Though his drinking wasn't really the reason for his death (at least, not directly). And Klein did, in the end, address (at least publically) his "substance abuse issues" point blank--which probably did help him, popularity-wise (and is a reason why certain Ford-sympathetic people suggest that Ford might actually do himself a favour by "coming clean").

In practice, Klein might be halfway btw/Ford and Lastman (and smarter than either).

I somehow doubt that the photo of Rob Ford allegedly buying Vodka at an LCBO last night was actually taken last night. Do people really believe that after all the scrutiny placed on his drinking habits that Ford would turn up at an LCBO looking like that?
On the other hand, consider this possibility: a chronic alcoholic may not be the most ideal of individuals to practise discretion and reason. If you want a drink, you want a drink, period.

From Toronto Sun.

TORONTO - Mayor Rob Ford has lost his bid to be reimbursed more than $116,000 in legal fees from Paul Magder after the Toronto resident failed in ousting him from the mayor's chair.

The Divisional Court found Magder raised "novel legal issues with respect to matters of public interest" and doesn't have to foot Ford's legal tab.

The court ruled that Ford and Magder should each pay their own legal costs.

In January, Ford won his appeal of the Magder-launched conflict-of-interest case.

“You get a lot of money to pay for a good amount of the transit, you get the private sector involved — people aren’t ready for new taxes yet.”

Yes, like the Sheppard subway, didn't cost taxpayers a cent. Even his annointed expert couldn't figure that one out.

Anyways, someone should be barfing, and it ain't him.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back