2.1K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 560     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not on video, but on pictures, yes. From that night:

rob_ford_on_st_patricks_day_2012.jpg

Random cameras from people in the digital age DO incriminate Ford on this issue. From another outing:

robfordparty2.jpg

This actually proves my point. What we see in the first picture is Mayor Ford - who probably had a few drinks - this being St. Paddy's afterall (notice all the green) - enjoying the company of some young ladies (perhaps around his nieces age). In the second picture Mayor Ford is obviously perspiring heavily perhaps after having some fun up on the dance floor (whats wrong with that?).

All of this is captured on cell phone cameras. How come none of the lurid details reported by the Star were captured on cell phone cameras? How come none of these young ladies tweeted that the Mayor was out of control and had to be ejected from the club? Something doesn't add up.

Last edited:
This actually proves my point.
What IS your point? Are you actually suggesting that Rob Ford isn't an alcoholic? Do you believe he hasn't consumed cocaine since being mayor?

We discussed photos from that evening in this thread a year ago ...

This actually proves my point. What we see in the first picture is Mayor Ford - who probably had a few drinks - this being St. Paddy's afterall (notice all the green) - enjoying the company of some young ladies (perhaps around his nieces age) .

Sounds creepy to me

Where's his wife? Why don't we ever see him out with her, enjoying an evening?

Are you actually suggesting that Rob Ford isn't an alcoholic? Do you believe he hasn't consumed cocaine since being mayor?...

He has kept the same weight for years....i doubt he is doing coke
haha, drinking beer, maybe

Where's his wife? Why don't we ever see him out with her, enjoying an evening?

:DShe has probably been told to hide, before they start making up stories of her

Last edited:
He has kept the same weight for years....i doubt he is doing coke
haha, drinking beer, maybe
I didn't know that coke was linked to weight gain.

Still, there's a lot of people out there who have made off-the-record comments about the cocaine. More tellingly, despite having denied absolutely everything under the sun - neither Rob or Doug would comment on the cocaine usage. That alone makes me suspicious.

She has probably been told to hide, before they start making up stories of her
Would you want to party with someone who has had you arrested for beating her, and keeps making 9-1-1 calls about you?

Still waiting.
Oh, you think Ford actually succeeded with his plan to cancel Eglinton, Sheppard East, and Finch West, and instead build a subway on Sheppard?

It was only after the province started making dire warnings to the TTC and Stintz about the lack of a signed agreement, that there was the coup in council against Ford.

A complete failure by Rob Ford. It's enough to drive a guy to alcohol and cocaine.

Still waiting.

You can do better than responding to a post from September 20th, 2010. In any case, you're right - the province didn't strongarm him - he imploded by failing to account for the need to get council approval for his MOU and we're back to the original plan sans 2 years of work. Congrats.

AoD

FWIW - those pictures of Ford at the Bier Markt on St Paddy's Day are from 2012 - not a few weeks ago

There have been a lot of denials that Ford was asked to leave early - but no one from Ford's camp has confirmed whether or not he actually *did* leave early, and if so, for what (official) reason.

It should be a trivial matter to establish that.

FWIW - those pictures of Ford at the Bier Markt on St Paddy's Day are from 2012 - not a few weeks ago
It's the 2012 event that the Star was referring to in it's article. They went through 2011 events, ending with Rob's family calling 911 because Ford was about to go drunk to the airport with his children for Christmas ... then lead into 2012 and St. Patrick's day.

Some of the St. Patrick's day Rob Ford stuff is hardly new - it was reported in Dean Blundell's radio show on March 19, 2012 - which is still on-line as far as I know - http://soundcloud.com/1021theedge/dbs_mar19_12

You can do better than responding to a post from September 20th, 2010. In any case, you're right - the province didn't strongarm him - he imploded by failing to account for the need to get council approval for his MOU and we're back to the original plan sans 2 years of work. Congrats.

AoD
Was just looking back at the beginning of this thread at all the predictions and assumptions we made. Not to worry, most of us were flat out wrong. Of course this doesn't stop us (and me) from making predictions on what's going to happen next with Ford.

This actually proves my point. What we see in the first picture is Mayor Ford - who probably had a few drinks - this being St. Paddy's afterall (notice all the green) - enjoying the company of some young ladies (perhaps around his nieces age). In the second picture Mayor Ford is obviously perspiring heavily perhaps after having some fun up on the dance floor (whats wrong with that?).

All of this is captured on cell phone cameras. How come none of the lurid details reported by the Star were captured on cell phone cameras? How come none of these young ladies tweeted that the Mayor was out of control and had to be ejected from the club? Something doesn't add up.

The pictures depict strangers next to Rob Ford. Strangers who reported he was drunk out of his mind and took pictures because they found it so amusing to run into the mayor, drunk, wandering the streets.

These ladies did go public and told the media how Ford was completely drunk. This is how the media clued in.

The reporter who broke the story said:

"I started working on this story because of a flurry of tweets and social media activity around St. Patrick's Day last year. Online chatter suggested the mayor appeared impaired that night. I tracked down people from that night. The story evolved. Kevin Donovan and myself continued to work on it. More sources opened up. We built trust. The Garrison Ball came to our attention."

Last edited:
One other contentious element today--George Chuvalo. (Which, given the apparent closeness of the Ford and Chuvalo families and the fate of Chuvalo's sons--on top of rumours about the young Fords' past--leaves me wondering about a *lot*...)
Ford has just changed his Facebook cover photo to one with him and Chuvalo

Iraqi-Information-Minister.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back