News   Apr 26, 2024
 274     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 807     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just great for the mayor.

The current topic du jour at work is precisely this. Concensus seems to be "I don't like Mayor Ford but this is going too far". Many comment how they would unleash their dogs if someone was peeping behind their backyard and they had kids home. The Star has clearly lost the war for popular opinion, and the mayor has gained an incredible amount of sympathy. Sympathy leads to votes anyway, good job Star.

Don't you work in a VERY conservative environment? (banking/economics) That might explain why you and your coworkers are so supportive of Ford. He can't do anything wrong in their eyes but most other people are pretty much asking what the hell is wrong with our mayor. Is he losing his mind? It's not like he thought the photographer was a stranger. Ford knew who this guy was, so he can't claim he was afraid for his children's safety. This guy wasn't a perv on the prowl, he was a well known Star reporter. (an award winning one at that) Ford's reaction, as usual, was way over the top and quite unprofessional. It's certainly not the way I'd expect a mayor to act.

The current topic du jour at work is precisely this. Concensus seems to be "I don't like Mayor Ford but this is going too far". Many comment how they would unleash their dogs if someone was peeping behind their backyard and they had kids home. The Star has clearly lost the war for popular opinion, and the mayor has gained an incredible amount of sympathy. Sympathy leads to votes anyway, good job Star.

Doubtful. The faithful will just froth at the mouth for more blood. The unbelievers will be convinced that he's leaving out facts.

I'm of the opinion that Ford has enough of a reputation for not telling the whole truth when prompted for me not to give him the benefit of a doubt.

As for your accounts and descriptions, let's just say I've seen your enough of your posts here and elsewhere that are misleading enough for me not to trust your anecdotes.

Ford also knew the journalist. He has admitted that himself. He recognized him immediately, so it wasn't a case of an unknown peeping stranger. Maybe for the neighbour it was, but Ford KNEW the man and therefore KNEW there was no danger to his children. As per usual, he overreacted. And I say that as a parent who had an actual, known child molester peeping in my windows and coming in to my garage looking for my 2 year old child.

Ford knows this guy very well. They have had a number of confrontations in the past, so Ford can't keep saying he was afraid for his children. Ford knew exactly what this was about. To suggest otherwise, is just disingenuous.

That's not the vibe I'm getting. The reporter was doing his job, and was savagely attacked by Rob Ford, a man he personally knew.

And what's the big deal? The reporter never came near Ford's fence, and was in a city park the whole time. There's no evidence he was spying on anyone (let's see what was in his photos, which I'm sure will be released, when the police return the camera).

There's a lot of evidence that Ford is lying about parts of what happened, the same way he always lies when the police become involved in one of his frequent incidents.

Anyone can walk on the grass in a park. Anyone can examine the topography of a park. Anyone can examine the foliage in a park. Anyone can take photographs in a park.

But apparently if you are a property owner adjacent to a park and then you have the right to keep intruders out of the park, threaten violence, and steal their cell phone and recorder.

On the surface, without worrying about cinder blocks etc, you have one guy who has a history of getting himself in little bizzaro dust ups with an assortment of different people and another guy who has been doing his job as a city hall reporter and, until now, has brought no particular notice to himself: who has more credibility?

If Ford is so worried, he should have moved to a house with a larger lot and de-listed his phone number and got generic license plates.

Or not just a larger lot; one that isn't surrounded on three sides by "public" land.

Something lost on the Sue-Ann Levys of the world who claim that they wouldn't have prowled around David Miller's home; well, duh, other than street frontage there's no place to prowl, otherwise it's hemmed in by private property...

Stranger danger is the sort of myth fools who vote for Rob Ford believe. But the biggest dangers to Rob Ford's kids are their father with the rage problem and their seriously drug addicted aunt and her convict boyfriend. Otherwise, vigilant father has so far protected his kids from a sixty-something year old comedian with a plastic sword and a 135lb writer with glasses. The mayor knew who Dale was and why he was there, but he continues to go in front of the camera and raise the suspicion that Dale may have been trying to get a peek at his little ones changing into their pjs. Another Big Lie. Those who vote for Rob Ford also like to think their property rights extend past their property lines. They'll rage about strangers parking in front of their house, or people unknown to them walking through parks near them. Someone wrote above that the writer had entered Ford's domain by walking in a public park. Anyway, the Fords are all about selling public assets to private interests, so why should we be surprised when the Mayor intends to get the ball rolling by fencing off a park so only his kids can play there. They've probably been asking for a pool.

Two things I've learned from this: there is a bunch of debris on public land behind Rob Ford's house, and he lives on a street that is signed at 40kph (Nuts, nuts, nuts).

The way those branches are piled really make it look as though one of the nearby residents is illegally dumping their yard waste on public lands. I can't imagine city workers would go to the bother or piling things up so neatly (as opposed to just chipping it and trucking it out)

First when the CBC episode happened early in the morning, ford says it was dark(could see cameras I guess( and that happened about 7 or 730am. Now this episode with the reported happened at 730-747pm and Ford says it was dark. Does Ford not see the difference between light and dark? I came out with my son after a soccer practice at 7:45pm from a school gym and it was light. Which means 730 is light too. When was the last time Ford got his eyes checked?
And all this talk that if the reporter had gone in the morning say at 9am things would be different. How? Would the neighbour not have cared there was someone out there on public land in the morning? Are they only concerned when someone is out there at 730pm at night? There would be no difference. And if Ford was concerned with the safety of his family why not call police? Who would take a chance and go out there especially since Ford thought it was so dark

Or not just a larger lot; one that isn't surrounded on three sides by "public" land.

Something lost on the Sue-Ann Levys of the world who claim that they wouldn't have prowled around David Miller's home; well, duh, other than street frontage there's no place to prowl, otherwise it's hemmed in by private property...

As you know, Miller's home wasn't off bounds to the media either, including the Toronto Star.

Darn. I was going to bid $1 more than what Rob Ford wanted to bid for the parcel of land in question. Thought it might be a good location to put in a brothel, but since Rob didn't want security guards there would be no overlap for the neighbours.

Now it looks like someone else may bid more than me for that parcel of land.

As you know, Miller's home wasn't off bounds to the media either, including the Toronto Star.

True, but it's the whole "creeping/skulking around the property" aspect. Miller doesn't have a public park to the rear or around the side to enable people to do so (though he does have a ravine slope, I presume; but that backs onto another property).

If I were Miller and spotted some stranger going alongside my house and into the back yard, I'd report said stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back